Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Press Conference

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
    I'll be sure to come back and watch postgame pressers after the Jacks get beat to judge whether or not your players and coach do enough arse kissing in regards to the team they lost to.
    I assure you if one of our athletes behaves that way at a presser they'll be asked to apologize. Go ahead and check them out anytime you would like.

It isn't arse kissing but we know where your attitude is coming from. If the UNI players and coaches aren't willing to accept responsibility for losses then more losses are going to occur. I thought perhaps they learned something from the lackluster performance against USD last year and the collapse against Richmond but I guess they didn't. When Mahoney chose UNI I thought we let a good one go, I'm not thinking that as much now. Just my opinion on the matter.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      I will let everyone make their own judgement on how those "young men" handled the press conference, but in my opinion those seniors Grace and Mahoney showey absolutely no respect for their opponent and I doubt that is because of they are in a premier program or are not use to losing. IMHO that comes from not properly being mentored by their coaches and parents. These are not kids in high school, but rather 22 year old seniors in college who should know better by now or they never will. We have had a little success around here as well (maybe not to UNI's level) and I don't see that kind of demeanor from our players.
      Let me add this, those young men are representing a university that is paying for their college education. A university funded by the taxpayers of Iowa. They need to do a better job.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I don't know I don't think it was that bad..... I don't like press conferences for this reason...

If you would of asked me what I thought after I lost in something, more times then not I'd say I/we were better and that we beat ourselves.... heck people still ask me about baseball games from when I was in high school and I'd always say that we beat ourselves and that we were better....

I guess what I am saying is that were they the most polite people in the world no, but put yourselve in that situation, a team that was on top of the world, should of beat Iowa, was ranked top 5 and has lost 2 weeks in a row....

I would of had more of a problem if they would of went up there and said stuff like the reason we lost was that the officials were crap, the facilities are crap, and stuff like that....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          If the UNI players and coaches aren't willing to accept responsibility for losses then more losses are going to occur.
          Wait, I thought the whole reason that people are raising a stink is BECAUSE the UNI players and coaches were accepting responsibility for the losses.
          "We beat ourselves" That sounds like they are accepting that responsibility to me.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't recall anyone saying anything bad about SDSU. If they did, then yes, I totally agree that they are being tacky and disrespectful. But just because they aren't singing your praises doesn't make them disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            I will let everyone make their own judgement on how those "young men" handled the press conference, but in my opinion those seniors Grace and Mahoney showey absolutely no respect for their opponent and I doubt that is because of they are in a premier program or are not use to losing. IMHO that comes from not properly being mentored by their coaches and parents. These are not kids in high school, but rather 22 year old seniors in college who should know better by now or they never will. We have had a little success around here as well (maybe not to UNI's level) and I don't see that kind of demeanor from our players.
            The game is over we won and your underwear is still in a knot about how UNI players respond in a press conference? Some of us do not know how to respond to winning or losing. Its time to move on.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't recall anyone saying anything bad about SDSU. If they did, then yes, I totally agree that they are being tacky and disrespectful. But just because they aren't singing your praises doesn't make them disrespectful.
              No you are not missing anything. Some of us expect too much respect. Come back give us crap when we lose as we probably will deserve it.

Comment

I really wonder how many peope on this board, when they were college students, would have had the polish to answer questions "just right" after a defeat of any kind. I can't imagine what I would have said when I was 21 or 22 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  The game is over we won and your underwear is still in a knot about how UNI players respond in a press conference? Some of us do not know how to respond to winning or losing. Its time to move on.
                  Move on if you like or don't visit this thread if you don't like the content.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                    I really wonder how many peope on this board, when they were college students, would have had the polish to answer questions "just right" after a defeat of any kind. I can't imagine what I would have said when I was 21 or 22 years old.
                    These guys have been in the media for four years so I think they get it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      I assure you if one of our athletes behaves that way at a presser they'll be asked to apologize. Go ahead and check them out anytime you would like.

It isn't arse kissing but we know where your attitude is coming from. If the UNI players and coaches aren't willing to accept responsibility for losses then more losses are going to occur. I thought perhaps they learned something from the lackluster performance against USD last year and the collapse against Richmond but I guess they didn't. When Mahoney chose UNI I thought we let a good one go, I'm not thinking that as much now. Just my opinion on the matter.
                      Apologize for what? Not remembering Tom OBrien name? This ragging on Grace and others is getting rediculous. I am with Cowbell. I would have had a bad time if I was thrown into the limelight at age 21 doing anything winning or losing. Sure they should be perfect gentleman, but they are not applying for a job here. Saying we beat themselves is no reflection on SDSU ability at all. It reflects on UNI. Lets move on.

Comment

I like pie

Comment

I have been contemplating this for a looooong time and finally utilized the ignore feature and made the most annoying part of this board for me go away in click of a key. Now back to meaningful dialogue.

Comment

I know the WBB team was gracious in defeat at the NCAA tourney. And that was a very very tough lose to take, but they took the loss like a champ. Still proud of the way they handled that situation.

Go State!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I don't recall anyone saying anything bad about SDSU.
                              Mahoney's first words, "there was nothing that team did to beat us."

As NorCalJack said, compare it with this:

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/w-baskbl/...032509aae.html

I think it was on both ends, they played really well and attacked us hard. We got lazy on defense and started fouling. Overall, the fact that they are a really good team and weren't going to give up either
                              After giving up a thirteen point lead, if any players had the right to say, "there was nothing that team did to beat us, we beat ourselves".....

Comment

Working...
                              X