North Dakota State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota State

Just watched the NDSU/UNI game replay. The Bison looked pretty good (much, much better than they looked in that woeful performance against Illinois State). They were at least as physical as UNI. Lots of mistakes by the Bison or they'd have been in that game to the end.

I still think we'll win, but we're definitely going to have to step it up on both sides of the ball this week.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I am a little frustrated that people think the offensive line is playing "bad". I am not saying they are playing great, but...I believe we have given up 5 sacks in 5 games, had 3 holding calls and maybe two other penalties. A majority of the time especially the last two weeks there have been 5 to 8 guys in the box, which means the other teams defense knows that we like to run. To get the pass game going, we need the run game to be going.

This past week against Missouri State, it seemed that we had no problem with TOB's cadence and the receivers were better able to catch the ball. With another week of practice, I would hope that would improve even more.

The defense has not been as dominate as they were the first three games, but now there is more film out there on them and teams know what are strengths are and who are major players are.

We need to remember that this is a group of 18-24 year old men. Who go out there are give us the fans their best. We have to have the faith and cheer them on so they know that the fans are behind them.

Lets go Jacks.

Comment

I agree it's going to be a battle. I'm getting accustomed to what many have said: welcome to the MVFC -- every game's a battle. But, I'm unconvinced the Bison are better than MSU. I thought NDSU did not look like a good football team on Saturday while hosting UNI. Sure, they hit hard etc but at times they were very undisciplined.

Still, it'll be a hard-fought game. I'm confident Stig and his coaches will have the team ready to play.

Comment

NDSU is a soild football team ! They will be up for this game big time, this maybe be a more physical and tougher game then the one that follows. When you play a rivial and have history with them all bets are off and records mean nothing. Comes down to who wants to win the most.

I agree w/ jackmd, the game is won in the trenches and we need to win that battle next two weeks. Other key point is don't beat ourselves. Cal Poly didn't beat us we beat ourselves.

I do like the fact that last game we ran the ball about 17 more times than we passed, this is a key to our success as it will allow for a more vertical passing game IMHO.
          MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
          http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
          http://gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post
            I do like the fact that last game we ran the ball about 17 more times than we passed, this is a key to our success as it will allow for a more vertical passing game IMHO.
            Agree, and that is a credit to the offensive line. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have trust enough in them to go for it at the 1 foot line on 4th down. I think you trust the O-line and if that doesn't work trust that your defense can pin them and get you the ball back in great field position for another FG attempt and at least 3-points either way. Probably why I'm not a coach.

I'm not singling out any player or players for performing poorly, I just think they need to perform even better against a NDSU team that has nothing to lose and a lot to gain with a victory this weekend.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Crawford may be back for the NDSU game...

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

Comment

Funny the one huge issue when the schedule came out has not been brought up yet. The conflict with the state holiday on Saturday and how it will affect the crowd. TV said in the Argus today that SDSU is expecting 15,000 people, which by no means is substandard, but with a game like this, 17,000 should be expected.

I, for one, am an eastern SD hunter with average pheasant hunting land. With about 1% of the corn being combined at this time, I have little hope for Saturday. All of the birds will be in the corn at noon and coming back out into the grass at kickoff. 2 hours of hunting to get the dog warmed up, and off to tailgating for me. There's nearly three months of hunting, there's only 1 SDSU/NDSU football game.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Agree, and that is a credit to the offensive line. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have trust enough in them to go for it at the 1 foot line on 4th down. I think you trust the O-line and if that doesn't work trust that your defense can pin them and get you the ball back in great field position for another FG attempt and at least 3-points either way. Probably why I'm not a coach.

I'm not singling out any player or players for performing poorly, I just think they need to perform even better against a NDSU team that has nothing to lose and a lot to gain with a victory this weekend.
                  When Stig mentioned he was questioning some of the coaching decisions including his own I immediately thought back to the 4 and inches at the goal line. You have to believe your offensive line can get you into the endzone. I did not feel that showed much confidence in the team. We could have buried them right there or at worst put them in the worst field position possible.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                    Funny the one huge issue when the schedule came out has not been brought up yet. The conflict with the state holiday on Saturday and how it will affect the crowd. TV said in the Argus today that SDSU is expecting 15,000 people, which by no means is substandard, but with a game like this, 17,000 should be expected.

I, for one, am an eastern SD hunter with average pheasant hunting land. With about 1% of the corn being combined at this time, I have little hope for Saturday. All of the birds will be in the corn at noon and coming back out into the grass at kickoff. 2 hours of hunting to get the dog warmed up, and off to tailgating for me. There's nearly three months of hunting, there's only 1 SDSU/NDSU football game.
                    Agree, its going to be tough to find birds especially in Northeast SD.

We supplement the population so we'll shoot 50 birds and we should get that done within an hour or two. Assembly line cleaning station, a few beers and I should be at the game by 5:00 pm. I think scheduling NDSU on the opener is a lot better than some other less prominent game. I'd prefer a road game or open date but if those aren't options than I think the Dakota Marker game is the most likely to be well attended. Every hunter I've spoken to intends to be at this game.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Expecting 17,000? Yes probably but we don't have the facility. If we build it they will come. We should be able to average 18,000-20K 3-4 years from now. Anyone seen the new Montana State stadium? Here it is. Think this can be built by next year? J/K

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://ps.theport.com/blogs/portblogs/u/s/e/r/userfiles/4/2/F/2/42F21DB1-900A-4D37-9B22-71A9674F1033/images/20090527.2127678.jpg&imgrefurl=http://my.billingsgazette.com/post/Groups/The_Cat-Griz_Insider/blog/bobcat_stadium_backed_up.html&usg=__6NbaSkT6EWdOWs JPjWNgu4v5AeY=&h=211&w=450&sz=16&hl=en&start=19&um =1&tbnid=XWfvqC1jUULP7M:&tbnh=60&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBobcat%2Bstadium-%2Bbozeman%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Comment

I kow craw wants to play this game, but I wish he would wait one more game and be completely sure that he's healthy- hopefully he is completely ready if he's gonna play.

Comment

Whoever gives us the best chance to win should get the start at quarterback. If Crawford is not 100% mobile which I doubt he is than I imagine the coaches will have him sit a least another week. I thought O'Brien was very efficient this past week.

Comment

Smart move by Stig, the message he sent out about Crawford maybe playing has effectively:
                            1. Kept Crawford motivated to get back asap (like he needed help)
                            2. Keeps the pressure up on TOB
                            3. Helps force our next two opponents to have to build game plans for both QB's
                            “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                              Smart move by Stig, the message he sent out about Crawford maybe playing has effectively:
                              1. Kept Crawford motivated to get back asap (like he needed help)
                              2. Keeps the pressure up on TOB
                              3. Helps force our next two opponents to have to build game plans for both QB's
                              ^this^
                              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I had the NDSU/UNI game on TV (no sound--focusing on the Jacks on WNAX) and bounced back and forth with the USD game on TV. Mertens has some unconventional moves (I don't get the sidearm throws he makes once in a while) but he is capable of being a decent quarterback, contrary to what a few on Bisonville say.

As the NDSU game at CAS approaches, prepare yourself for teasing about how SDSU's CAS does not compare to NDSU's rented facility; how SDSU does not have rabid fans like NDSU who exaggerate by twice how many fans travel to Brookings from Fargo; how SDSU doesn't have DII National Titles like NDSU; etc. etc....

And just let the teasing go.

We're not playing the Bison with a new stadium hanging in the balance. We're not playing to confirm some DII titles from years ago. We'll continue to have great and growing fan support who will come to watch the Jackrabbits play for the goal of 1-0 that weekend -- and retention of the Dakota Marker.

While some NDSU fans want to get rid of Coach Bohl, he's no dummy and he will have a game plan (okay, a whale of a game plan) to defeat the Jackrabbits. We have to assume the Bison players have a lot of heart and talent and are sick and tired of their season so far. They're not quitters. Most likely: they want to really pound somebody.

My prediction: Jackrabbits take care of a dangerous Bison team by 10 points.
                                I'll note that there is NO RabidBison, but ther is a RabidRabbit!

Comment

Working...
                                X