Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota State

Saturday's Forecast:
    Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
    Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Comment

This just posted on www.bisonsports.net:

You dont need a stat book to call this game. All you need is faith. SDSU is a solid team, nationally ranked and in the run for the MVFC auto bid. The Jacks are on a 2 year tear, fielding what may be the best teams of a generation.

NDSU is on the skids. 1-5 has been a long time coming, 35 years or so. But this is no 1-5 team. Its a snake bit team. They cant get a break unless its bad. They got no luck if it aint bad luck.

Some of their problems are self made, dropped balls and INTs come to mind. But every kind of misfortune has befallen the Herd. They have very good offense. It functions wonderfully rushing and passing. The OC always seems to have a good game plan and the play calling meets with my approval. It has been getting better.

The defense has given up a lot. Last week UNI finally wore them down and tacked on an extra score, but they did what they needed to do to give The BISON a chance at the win. They have also been getting better. They are a young, strong, physical bunch with tremendous speed. They have been susceptible to both the run and the pass, but they have also been tested by fire facing some of the nations top offenses. SDSU is no different.

Its tempting to say close but no cigar like the other games, but I feel the extra motivation of the Border Marker and the results of the past couple of years is all its going to take for NDSU to put together the game we have been looking for.

It should be a good game, Its our last shot at a big time opponent. You guessed it. Im taking The BISON!!
      www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
        The Bison scored 1 TD in non-garbage time, so no, the offense didn't put up 27. 1 TD was at the end of the game and the other was on a blocked punt.

The defense gave up 35, not 42, as UNI scored on a blocked punt as well. I thought the defense played very well, at least in contrast of some past performances this year.

The bulk of the complaints with the offense are from the lack of red zone performance. We couldn't score a TD on 1st and goal from the 1. We had two drives deep into UNI territory in the first quarter and came away with nothing.

It will be nice to spoil your hopes this year, like you did to us in 2007

Wow, I hope your defense plays that well on Saturday.
        Your 20th point made it a one-score game with nine minutes to go. And then UNI scored two TDs in six minutes, which is not exactly a defense stepping up to help win a game BEFORE it turns into garbage time. Yeah, the Bison turned it over on their 35 on one occasion, but it took UNI exactly three plays to score.
        Your defense gave up 3 TDs on drives of a combined 215 yards on just 11 plays in the fourth quarter, which again, is not stepping up when the outcome of the game was still somewhat in doubt.

My point stands. There are typically five negative, and sometimes extremely negative, comments on Bisonville for every comment about the defense or, until recently, the coaching. It's really something to watch sometimes. It makes me want to cheer for the guy from afar. Except not this Saturday. I hope Bisonville is on fire against him this Saturday.

Go Jacks. Go TOB.

Comment

I promise you our team is looking forward to hitting the Bison in the mouth and putting up a big win. They will be ready to play and I would assume the Bison will be ready as well.

The Jacks are too balanced and will dominate the line on both sides and win the special teams battle. The Bison will win ugliest uniforms.

NDSU 13
          SDSU 31

Toss the Buffalo chips!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think its going to be a back and forth game.

The Bison have nothing to lose, and will be playing balls to the walls.

But the Jackrabbits have a lot to lose and will be playing balls to walls as well.

And in my strange demented world, Jackrabbits have bigger balls than Bison.
            Away team - 21
            Home team - 31
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
              Saturday's Forecast:
              Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
              Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.

Lastest forecast from KELO: 56 degrees F for a high

Game forecast remains the same. 1-0 this week.

GBGBGJ

Comment

If anyone wants to get a preview of the next two opponents,the UNI - NDSU game will be replayed at 7:00 tonight on Fox Sports North.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  As the NDSU game at CAS approaches, prepare yourself for teasing about how SDSU's CAS does not compare to NDSU's rented facility
                  It has begun. Jeff Kolpack from The Forum asked Bohl at his presser today about whether he's bringing a bus for the "10k jog" from the locker room to the field at SDSU. Bohl wouldn't bite, but that got them going at Bisonville. "Ridiculously far" is their judgment.

UPDATE: To their credit, the Bisonville boys are admitting the silliness of this one.
                  Last edited by JimmyJack; 10-12-2009, 05:58 PM.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    It has begun. Jeff Kolpack from The Forum asked Bohl at his presser today about whether he's bringing a bus for the "10k jog" from the locker room to the field at SDSU. Bohl wouldn't bite, but that got them going at Bisonville. "Ridiculously far" is their judgment.

Pathetic.
                    Well, if the worthies on Bisonville are reduced to complaining about that, then they ARE in trouble, aren't they? I don't recall that bothering them that much during their seven or eight or whatever D-II championship years.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

Pathetic.
                      Home field advantage. The warmup walk from HPER is pretty minor compared to what, in my opinion, is intentional-bush-league B.S. such as: the dumb canon shots after a score (this year, would probably be just one); the PA announcer serving as captain of the cheer squad; etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Home field advantage. The warmup walk from HPER is pretty minor compared to what, in my opinion, is intentional-bush-league B.S. such as: the dumb canon shots after a score (this year, would probably be just one); the PA announcer serving as captain of the cheer squad; etc. etc.
                        I thought the walk at WIU was farther, anyway. Nobody mentioned the walk when they were beating us 17 straight times or whatever it was.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I see lakesbison has struck again on TV's blog today since he can't jabber on here anymore. Apparently the game Saturday will be a "cakewalk" for the Bison since the Jacks are so much more inferior than Iowa St., No. Iowa, and S. Ill., all of whom the Bison have played.

I guess we'll find out.

BTW, there will only be two teams atop the conference after this week as No. Iowa hosts S. Ill.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post

BTW, there will only be two teams atop the conference after this week as No. Iowa hosts S. Ill.
                            So, you're predicting that UNI and SIU tie?

Comment

Originally posted by Kermit View Post
                              So, you're predicting that UNI and SIU tie?
                              I was wondering if a bison fan was going to take advantage of that opening
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Watching the last two games closely there has to be concern about several things, including our defenses ability to stop the run and to make plays on 3rd and 4th down and our offenses ability to run the ball consistently and pass protect on the 3rd down. Granted they only had 120 yard on the ground but that is largely because they fell behind and passed the ball 46 times. The 6 penalties for 70 yards helped us a bunch.

We were 6-14 on last down conversions this weekend, only had 1 sack and gave up 21 first downs. We beat Missouri State because they made 4 crucial mistakes, 3 picks and an "onside" kick. Huge win on the road but a "down" Bison team is just as good as Missouri State. NDSU has a good running game and they will pass protect when they have to. It is going to be a battle and there isn't anyway around that.

Bottom line, we'll need a better performance from the D-line and the O-line if we want to beat the Bison this weekend. I expect we'll get it and I'll be there to cheer the Jackrabbits on. Who is wearing their hunting gear?

Again, bottom line, we need to be better in the trenches.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X