Cheap Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap Tickets

I could definitely be wrong on this, but didn't SDSU run some kind of similar promo in the small town newspapers (Volga, Arlington, Madison, etc) last year? Or was that for basketball? Or maybe I'm imagining things?
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
      IMO, I do not believe in our division of football, cost of a game where the most expensive ticket is 20.00, I feel people do not even think about cost.
      Let me guess: you hang out with a lot of white collar folks?

Not to call you out, but $20 is a lot of money for a lot of people--especially in current economic circumstances. Especially in a town like Brookings with about 8000 manufacturing jobs that pay $15/hour and about 2000 white collar jobs.

I make quite a bit more than $15/hour, and I think about the cost every time I buy a tickets.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have 1 ticket for sale for the NDSU game tomorrow. Row 1 (east side) around 50 yd line. Face value $20....PM me if interested.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I would agree. Being in the hunt for playoffs will change attendence considerably in cold weather, and the last thing we would do is drop to 5 bucks unless a corporate sponsor is willing to make up the difference which is not likely either.
          Looks like the sponsors were willing:

http://www.gojacks.com//ViewArticle....CLID=204827207

Seems the AD and Coaching staff really wants a huge crowd.

Comment

Looks to me like they are selling the reserved seats over on the East side in this offer (including the area usually reserved for visitors, since I doubt many SIU fans are making the trip). Hope that goes well, because I believe the west side will be full, and just hope we can fill the east side too. Good move, I think!

Comment

I tried to take advantage of the offer online, but it shows full price. Do you get the impression you can only get the cheap tickets AT the sponsors? I would like to grab a couple of cheap seats and talk a couple of people into going along. I will be in my normal seat, but maybe a couple of new fans can sit together. Didn't think to call the ticket office from work. I can see why they might not sell the cheap tickets online as they maybe don't want those seats to go to SIU fans. Thoughts?
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                I tried to take advantage of the offer online, but it shows full price. Do you get the impression you can only get the cheap tickets AT the sponsors? I would like to grab a couple of cheap seats and talk a couple of people into going along. I will be in my normal seat, but maybe a couple of new fans can sit together. Didn't think to call the ticket office from work. I can see why they might not sell the cheap tickets online as they maybe don't want those seats to go to SIU fans. Thoughts?
                Pretty sure you got to go to the sponsor to get the cheap tickets. I found 5 more people who are planning to go. We should have 50 plus at the Yankton site again.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                  Try calling in and asking for the special prices.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    What a joke. Why not just give them away. I hope the Jacks never stoop to this level. You have to believe in the price/value of the your product or you just end up devaluing the perception of it. I believe UND has done some of this to certain market segments. MSU should be embarrased they have to offer $5.00 tickets to entice people to show up.
                    Ha...
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                      Ha...
                      Having sponsors by the tickets and offer them for $5 isn't necessarily the same thing, it isn't necessarily different either as I'm not sure how Miss. St. did it.

I don't have a problem with either approach.

As I said on another thread, they were offering FREE tickets to the game in Vermillion on Saturday. Tickets that are GIVEN to the group each week of a home game. There were only 2 takers for at least 50 tickets so if you need one let me know. A big coyote fan like you doesn't want to miss a game in the dome I'm sure.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

So um...I want to buy tickets, but I need to know one thing, do I need to buy a ticket for my 19 month old?

btw, I can't wait for this game...once I saw SDSU and NDSU joined the league I was pumped...It's great having games close (I live in St Paul)

Comment

Originally posted by doinit salukistyle View Post
                          So um...I want to buy tickets, but I need to know one thing, do I need to buy a ticket for my 19 month old?
                          I don't know the policy, but my youngest is 4 and we've never had to pay for a ticket for her.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by doinit salukistyle View Post

btw, I can't wait for this game...once I saw SDSU and NDSU joined the league I was pumped...It's great having games close (I live in St Paul)
                            No the 19 month old doesn't need a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              No the 19 month old doesn't need a ticket.
                              But feel free to buy one. We thank you for your support!
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I think the game would have been well attended even before the cheap tickets were announce. The nice weather would have brought the students out. Sure there will be more attending with the cheaper tickets, I really don't care. Normally in Nov., the games are being played in 20-30 degree weather so a lot of fans don't make it. This year they are talking close to 60 degrees. We don't see that temp for a Nov. football game so get out and enjoy the cheapest price to one the the best football games to see this year.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X