Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU@Cal-Poly

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
    This is always a tough game. Cal-Poly is a well coached team, and I'm not saying SDSU isn't. I just wish all the Cal-Poly games were in Brookings because they are really good games.
    This may be the last time we play Cal Poly for several years? Plus, I am not sure how we can say they are well coached when this is the first year for their new head Coach. History does indicate that they attract good coach's but we will see if that continues this year?

I KNOW the Jacks are well coached. Stig is not only a good coach but a real quality person. I hope we can hang on to him for many years to come.

Jacks 27 - 17

GBGBGJ

Comment

I am cautiously optimistic, Jacks 24-21 in a close game. Wish we had some home games, missed the first one and went to the second and then the three week layoff at home. Can't wait for the Dakota Marker Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
        I am cautiously optimistic, Jacks 24-21 in a close game. Wish we had some home games, missed the first one and went to the second and then the three week layoff at home. Can't wait for the Dakota Marker Game.
        How about taking some of that extra cash you have sitting around and plopping it down on some airline tickets? You could be jumping on a plane headed to SLO with me in about 5 hours.

I think the Jacks win. We might get them by 10 or more, it might be close. They aren't going to beat us badly, our defense is too good to let any team do that.

I don't like to predict scores so I'll just say jacks by 6 or more.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong but I have the Jacks losing a close one. 24-21. I predicted all the games this year. I had the Jacks winning last week 35-17 missed that one by 3 points. I hope I miss this one by at least 4 points.

Comment

This game is going to come down which side plays better; Cal Poly's running attack or SDSU's run defense. Both have been the strengths of their teams.

In the end I think the Jacks give up yards on the ground, but have a bend, don't break approach and force Cal Poly to try to convert some 3rd and longs.

SDSU 27

POLY 16

Comment

For $1000 you can still make the 4:21 out of Sioux Falls to SLO tonight!

Jacks are favored by 3-1/2 points. Home 'dogs are tough. I'll take Cal Poly to cover....24-23 Jacks.

Bison favored by 10 over ISU and UNI by 45 over the other ISU.

Comment

This will be my first prediction. I believe that SDSU's defense will be too much for Poly. With this dominating front 7, the Jacks will defend the triple option almost to perfection, forcing Poly to pass, which will result into a lot of turnovers. Crawford plays like he as all year, and manages a near perfect game. We all know Minett will break a long one at some point in time. And I have a feeling Cochart will have a big game with the Poly defense keying on Minett, Steffen and Fox. Jacks win 27-10!

Comment

My .02:

STATE 31
                  Cars 14

Bovine 17
                  Trees 10

FWIW...
                  Purple 28
                  Pack 17
                  (sorry TV)

Comment

SLO coverage:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/sports/story/871758.html

TV's preview:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...25/1002/sports
                    Last edited by JimmyJack; 10-03-2009, 07:10 AM.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                      My .02:

STATE 31
                      Cars 14

Bovine 17
                      Trees 10
                      Sorry Tea, wrong ISU this week for Bovine. Blushing Birds instead

FWIW...
                      Purple 28
                      Pack 17
                      (sorry TV)
                      If Poly wins this, it will be a tight game. We could see a game similar to last year's Poly game, just with the roles reversed. Poly was one of two teams that put a smack down on the Rabbits last year. I hope to see that reversed this year.

Comment

Severe lack of chatter. As always, I worry about the triple option. But I like our D. And the fact that I'm growing my Hobo Day beard should push us over the top.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I unfortunately will not be able to follow much of the game. Have a party at the bars to attend, so I will be relying on ESPN bottom line (pathetic for FCS scores) and running out to the vehicle to tune into WNAX.

Recipe for victory:

4 d-linemen and 3 linebackers stopping the triple option
                          1 Kyle Minett with 25 rushes for over 100 yds
                          5 o-linemen protecting the qb
                          several extra points, meaning score td's in the redzone, not fg's

Go Jacks!
                          1-0 to go 4-0.

Comment

For anyone out there searching for a way to keep tabs on the game, Cal-Poly has free streaming audio link from the schedule page at gopoly.com. I know that sometimes it is interesting also to hear the opponents comments about the Jackrabbits.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Is Terry V blogging tonight?
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Is Terry V blogging tonight?
                                Yep. He's up and running from SLO.
                                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                                X