Will SDSU vs Ill St be on computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will SDSU vs Ill St be on computer?

I think I actually have it working tonight.

One question, since I have never gotten this far before, right now I only have the audio of the WNAX pregame, does the video automatically start at game time? Do I have to refresh anything? Thanks for any help.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Pre-game is on right now with Imming and TV discussing game on internet feed.
      Yea but shouldnt there be a radio station in brookings carrying it?
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Go back to the live events page and hit refresh at 7 pm or when the game starts and it should say Event has started for the video and click on it.

Comment

You da man!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            I think I actually have it working tonight.

One question, since I have never gotten this far before, right now I only have the audio of the WNAX pregame, does the video automatically start at game time? Do I have to refresh anything? Thanks for any help.
            If you want to live really dangerously, you can run two different browsers, basically logging on twice to Jackrabbit Extra from one computer. One browser (say Firefox) you fire up the WNAX audio and in the other (say Internet Explorer) you watch the video with the sound on that one turned down.

Don't try this however without a really good broadband connection, a high tolerance for computer-based irritation and an ability to enjoy completely un-synchronized audio and video.

(At least that worked last year.)
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              If you want to live really dangerously, you can run two different browsers, basically logging on twice to Jackrabbit Extra from one computer. One browser (say Firefox) you fire up the WNAX audio and in the other (say Internet Explorer) you watch the video with the sound on that one turned down.

Don't try this however without a really good broadband connection, a high tolerance for computer-based irritation and an ability to enjoy completely un-synchronized audio and video.

(At least that worked last year.)
              With Internet Explorer 7 you could open up seperate tabs and do it too but sometimes you would get that un-synced problem, but sometimes with pausing or restarting one of the tabs you could almost get it synced. Took work though.

Comment

So I take it that the video sound will not be WNAX, but their feed?

Comment

So I take it that the video sound will not be WNAX, but their feed?
                  No, it will undoubtedly be an Illinois State announcing crew. We can hope that it will be their normal radio guys--I'd hate to think that Illinois State does what Western Illinois does with student announcers for their web videocast. THAT was bad last year. Real bad.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

are you guys seeing the video? I am not only the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
                      are you guys seeing the video? I am not only the sound.
                      If you're hearing WNAX sound, then you hit the wrong link for the video---there will be two SDSU-Illinois State items listed--one is the audio (those have the musical-note logos on them) and the other will be the video.

If you're hearing Illinois State sound, then shut down your browser and re-start it and see if that fixes it.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well I was watching the video. Look to make sure you click on the feed that doesn't have the musical notes that is audio. I watched about the first three plays, the play quit and no tells me that I need to down-load a plug-in. When I click on the link, it says no plug-ins available. Signed out and re-started and just the same thing. AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Comment

I'm watching via Firefox on my Mac--video is a bit dark but is otherwise OK for me. I'm listening to WNAX on another Firefox running under Windows on my Mac--just because I'm a bit odd that way, I guess.

Video is about 10 seconds behind the audio, which I'm OK with--it lets me know what to watch for on the video.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Switched to Safari and it is working. Will reboot at half time

Comment

Well I was watching the video. Look to make sure you click on the feed that doesn't have the musical notes that is audio. I watched about the first three plays, the play quit and no tells me that I need to down-load a plug-in. When I click on the link, it says no plug-ins available. Signed out and re-started and just the same thing. AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!
                              Maybe restart the computer, at a convernient time.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I'm watching via Firefox on my Mac--video is a bit dark but is otherwise OK for me. I'm listening to WNAX on another Firefox running under Windows on my Mac--just because I'm a bit odd that way, I guess.

Video is about 10 seconds behind the audio, which I'm OK with--it lets me know what to watch for on the video.
                                Watching video and have audio for WNAX in the same window on Internet Explorer 8. And they are synched

Comment

Working...
                                X