Hotel Rooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Rooms

Called last night and got a room for the night of the NDSU game and rooms for Fri/Sat of Hobo Weekend. I was surprised to find any available and would suggest if you are thinking of either night, better call soon since it does appear there are still a few there.

Re: Hotel Rooms

Impressive ... where at?
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Sonshine Inn?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
        Sonshine Inn?
        Yikes. Some buddies and I stayed there in 2007 for one night. We were back for a wedding and couldn't get into our hotel for the wedding until the next day. So we went to the Sonshine Inn so we could be close to downtown and make it an easy walk.

Needless to say we walked in and asked for a room. The lady at the front desk said, "Which room do you guys want, we have two available." My friend responded, "Do you have non-smoking?" The lady responded, "We have two, one's really smoky, and the other is not so smoky."

We decided to go with the not so smoky. It was still brutal. Smelled like an damp ashtray in the room. That's my story about the Sonshine Inn.

I do have a room at the Comfort Inn for the Friday night before the NDSU game. Just got it the other night. I think rooms are still available at the Holiday Inn Express.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
          Impressive ... where at?
          Hampton Inn.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Yikes. Some buddies and I stayed there in 2007 for one night. We were back for a wedding and couldn't get into our hotel for the wedding until the next day. So we went to the Sonshine Inn so we could be close to downtown and make it an easy walk.

Needless to say we walked in and asked for a room. The lady at the front desk said, "Which room do you guys want, we have two available." My friend responded, "Do you have non-smoking?" The lady responded, "We have two, one's really smoky, and the other is not so smoky."

We decided to go with the not so smoky. It was still brutal. Smelled like an damp ashtray in the room. That's my story about the Sonshine Inn.

I do have a room at the Comfort Inn for the Friday night before the NDSU game. Just got it the other night. I think rooms are still available at the Holiday Inn Express.

That. Is. Hilarious!

I've often thought about getting a room there some night, "just to see what it's like"....but I've never done it.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              That. Is. Hilarious!

I've often thought about getting a room there some night, "just to see what it's like"....but I've never done it.
              I think you would have more fun stuffing your room money into a video poker machine at Ray's corner. That place is the pits. I have not been there for a few years, but I dont there have been any improvements since. I would not even recommend that place to Coyote Fan, yotemeal or any of the others who might venture into town. That would be too cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                We checked in at the Sonshine a couple of years ago for a late-season FB game and the desk guy asked, "You want heat?"
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                  Hampton Inn.
                  Doesn't your eldest daughter have a couch or something for you?
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Try the Hampton - I know they had some rooms open for both Hobo Days & NDSU game.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Doesn't your eldest daughter have a couch or something for you?
                      Yea, you mean MY couch...There are some places you really just shouldn't stay at and that might be one of them.

Comment

I know what my reaction to having my parents stay with me on that weekend would have been.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I think you would have more fun stuffing your room money into a video poker machine at Ray's corner. That place is the pits. I have not been there for a few years, but I dont there have been any improvements since. I would not even recommend that place to Coyote Fan, yotemeal or any of the others who might venture into town. That would be too cruel.

Actually, a few years ago Ray's got a nice face lift. New Floors and free peanuts last time I was there. It's a pretty nice place now.

And most importantly the Ray's Corner owner does donate to the athletic scholarships funds at SDSU. So every one should have a drink or two there.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
                            Actually, a few years ago Ray's got a nice face lift. New Floors and free peanuts last time I was there. It's a pretty nice place now.

And most importantly the Ray's Corner owner does donate to the athletic scholarships funds at SDSU. So every one should have a drink or two there.
                            I'm working on collecting a couple of buddies and heading up to Brookings early afternoon tommorrow to leave a little time for a stop at Ray's. For me that place holds a lot of memories as a laid back joint to spend a Saturday morning or early afternoon with a newspaper and a couple of tap beers.

I have better memories of that than the packed party atmosphere of the Chevy or the Safari back in the day.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                              I'm working on collecting a couple of buddies and heading up to Brookings early afternoon tommorrow to leave a little time for a stop at Ray's. For me that place holds a lot of memories as a laid back joint to spend a Saturday morning or early afternoon with a newspaper and a couple of tap beers.

I have better memories of that than the packed party atmosphere of the Chevy or the Safari back in the day.
                              Seriously, I was a Jim's Tap girl...so much so, I rented an apartment above Brost's Pet shop for two years. Many times I (and any friends who needed to) could just trip up the stairs... Rays had its moments though.

Comment

Working...
                              X