#83 Brandon Gant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #83 Brandon Gant

I was expecting him to be a big part of our WR core this year...maybe even start. I didn't see him at all tonight...not even on special teams. Is he hurt, something else...or is he just that far down on the depth chart at this point?
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: #83 Brandon Gant

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    I was expecting him to be a big part of our WR core this year...maybe even start. I didn't see him at all tonight...not even on special teams. Is he hurt, something else...or is he just that far down on the depth chart at this point?
    We are deep at WR and I think some of the others have moved ahead of Gant on the depth chart. I hope as the season moves on we take some of those guys who are very athletic and do not get a chance to play and offer them opportunities to move to positions where we are not as loaded or as talented. Gant is a good player and I would not want to see him transfer to another school, but they have to be like Corey Jeske who went from QB to SS. Corey was willing to play another position. He got one interception and was in on a number of plays in the GSU game last night.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 09-13-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

With Montague back, I wasn't surprised to see Gant play less. But it looks like Aaron Rollin (#5) has moved ahead of Gant on the depth chart, or Gant was hurt. Not sure which it is.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

He could be reshirting. The top 3 wideouts are seniors so redshirting him so he can have 3 more years isn't that bad of an idea.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
          He could be reshirting. The top 3 wideouts are seniors so redshirting him so he can have 3 more years isn't that bad of an idea.
          That's a great idea. I hope it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            That's a great idea. I hope it is true.
            He redshirted in 2007, so that's no an option.

Perhaps he was injured, or maybe he had a bad week of practice.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              He redshirted in 2007, so that's no an option.

Perhaps he was injured, or maybe he had a bad week of practice.
              I am mistaken then. I thought for sure he played as a true freshman.

Comment

Should have looked at his profile before I posted regarding a possible redshirt. He looked pretty good last year so it is interesting he didn't make it on the field last night.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I think Gant's hands have held him back. Seemed to have quite a few drops early in the season last year and he's seen the field less and less ever since. Testament to the players we are bringing in if an athletic talent like him can't see the field.

Mike Steffen looked really good last night, hopefully he is finally over all the injury problems that have plagued his career. His brother Jake had a nice game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    With Montague back, I wasn't surprised to see Gant play less. But it looks like Aaron Rollin (#5) has moved ahead of Gant on the depth chart, or Gant was hurt. Not sure which it is.
                    Wait and see what Rollins can do and people might not even remember Gant. I'm not knocking Gant at all but Rollins has just as much upside if not more.

Our passing game is going to be good, really good. Crawford is an accurate passer who makes great decisions, at least agains GSU he did. His arm looked strong and his passes were better than Berry's last year.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Rollin is a beast on the NCAA 10 Teambuilder team I use....

Comment

Working...
                      X