This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UPD Presence at Georgia Southern game

I, as well as others, was standing next to the porta-potty when SDSU UPD Car #983 went overboard. He didnt care how many people were around when he put on that little show & spitting/throwing up rocks, but could have seriously hurt someone. He hit his brakes, spun his tires while backing up, and spun his tires for a near 40 feet or so as he took off towards the SW entrance of the tailgating lot. Emergency or not, he was out of control.

Just think if your son or daughter were playing catch with you. And you accidentally overthrown your kid or they drop the ball and the ball rows into the road. Your kid runs into the road to get ball and WHAM....that would make a sad storyline, im afraid, in the Argus & papers alike.

Overall, Im glad UPD is around making a presence. They are suppose to keep it a SAFE PLACE to socialize. So please, no more acts like UPD squad car #983. Common sense goes along ways.

Comment

I have done some checking into about the situation described in this thread. There was a report of someone hanging out of one of the Campanile windows. They feel that they responded appropriatly but understand the concern about flying through parking lots and will improve this reaction in the future.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        I have done some checking into about the situation described in this thread. There was a report of someone hanging out of one of the Campanile windows. They feel that they responded appropriatly but understand the concern about flying through parking lots and will improve this reaction in the future.
        Well that is certainly an emergency and I'm glad to hear that they will work to improve in the future.

I started this thread and its probably time to shut it down.

Beef Bowl this weekend so let's all act like adults and there won't be any more problems.

Mods, if you want to lock this thing up it works for me.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          My position with the UPD is the more the safer. If your not doing anything wrong there should be no worries mait.
          Statements like that worry me. I am sure you have no problem with checkpoints either.

I am sure you wouldn't mind having an officer stop by you house to do a search every night either.

UPD needs to be in the area but their presence shouldn't be noticed. The patrol cars should be at the entrances for easy exits and give them some carts or they can run to the care in case of emergency (there should be other on duty officers to response to emergencies first).
          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

I haven't locked a thread in a while and this looks like a good one to practice on.... Seriously, if the conversation goes much further it'll resemble a discussion on politics and the consensus on this board is to avoid politics!

Here comes the padlock.

Comment

Working...
            X