Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Introduction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAxD9ckBnQ

Great intro especially when your there. And yes the flame throwers are hot even in the upper deck top rows.

Best combo of two songs by Kid Rock in the same song. Way off topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhjvpGt4r44

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      I'm partial to Kid Rock.
      Montana had an awesome intro to KidRock's American BadA$$ back the first year we went there to play. They had the whole stadium into it. It was pretty cool
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Always thought another Metallica song would be great- "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - it has a nice long instrumental intro and an ominous tone. Have loved both Ozzy and Saliva as well. It is awesome when they come up on my Ipod and I think about the team running out- the hair on my arm stands up! (and I never even played college football) CAN'T WAIT for Saturday night!

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
          I have said this before and will say it again. They best football introduction song is Enter Sandman by Metallica. Just youtube Virginia Tech entrance to Enter Sandman. Absolutely electric.

Va Tech alum friends say it's spine tingling.
          Personally, hard to beat Navy with the brigade walking in, in absolute precision, with Anchors Aweigh playing, and culminating with a flyover in formation. Then, the game ball is delivered to the 50-yard-line by a guy rapelling out of a helicopter.

Comment

Personally, Kid Rock does nothing for me. Guess I'm just an old fart who likes bands that play real instruments and original music. But that's a whole other topic/thread ...

I've always been partial to "Enter Sandman", and musically, it would be a good choice. But I really like "Ladies And Gentlemen". The music AND the words just fit! And Jimmy Jack alluded to the branding possibilities.

I think it was the first year of the new scoreboard, and the intro included clips of several players saying "There is only one" ... "only one" ... leading up to a final "South Dakota STATE University"? With the emphasis on "STATE"? I always enjoyed hearing that!
            "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
              I think it was the first year of the new scoreboard, and the intro included clips of several players saying "There is only one" ... "only one" ... leading up to a final "South Dakota STATE University"? With the emphasis on "STATE"? I always enjoyed hearing that!
              That was year 2 of the board. The first year was the video of players putting on gear mixed with highlight clips.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Personally, hard to beat Navy with the brigade walking in, in absolute precision, with Anchors Aweigh playing, and culminating with a flyover in formation. Then, the game ball is delivered to the 50-yard-line by a guy rapelling out of a helicopter.
                OFF-TOPIC: Navy? Booo! Go Air Force! Sink the squids!

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Easily my favorite of the ones they have done to.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
                    I have said this before and will say it again. They best football introduction song is Enter Sandman by Metallica. Just youtube Virginia Tech entrance to Enter Sandman. Absolutely electric.
                    Got a little dose of Enter Sandman last night along with Saliva. Best of both worlds!

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                      OFF-TOPIC: Navy? Booo! Go Air Force! Sink the squids!

You're just jealous because the Navy has better pilots.

Comment

I don't know if this has been already posted or not but I found the 2009 Intro on YouTube today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEcl2u6-x5s

I know it's similar to last years but it's still awesome!

Comment

Personally, if I had an entrance song I would come into the Justice League Theme. As far as Metallica, I would go with Seek and Destroy or Ride the Lighting but Enter Sandman is a classic.

I think Coheed and Cambria's Welcome Home would be awesome!

Of course this one speaks for it self.
                          Last edited by JimmieTuba; 10-04-2009, 08:05 PM. Reason: Remembered one better than Crystal Method
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Have we been rick rolled?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
                              Personally, if I had an entrance song I would come into the Justice League Theme. As far as Metallica, I would go with Seek and Destroy or Ride the Lighting but Enter Sandman is a classic.

I thinke Coheed and Cambria's Welcome Home would be awesome!

Of course this one speaks for it self.
                              Great call on Welcome Home. That song is fantastic and would be great for an intro

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit View Post
                                Have we been rick rolled?
                                Your not supposed to tell people! Sorry it was too perfect of a post not to pull that trick.
                                Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                                -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
                                X