Beating Dead Horses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beating Dead Horses

It's a virtuous cycle, that begins with winning. Winning gets attention. Attention gets attendance. Attendance gets increased donations. Donations get better facilities, which make it easier to recruit top-level athletes, which makes winning more likely . . .

It's not one thing or another. It's an entire cycle, where one part feeds off of and enhances the other parts.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      It's a virtuous cycle, that begins with winning. Winning gets attention. Attention gets attendance. Attendance gets increased donations. Donations get better facilities, which make it easier to recruit top-level athletes, which makes winning more likely . . .

It's not one thing or another. It's an entire cycle, where one part feeds off of and enhances the other parts.
      I would argue that moving D-1 has got the cycle moving. It started with increased scholarships, a new scoreboard in '05, some big comeback wins in '06, then a conference championship in '07, increased attendance, then a win in Fargo in '08, increased season ticket sales in '08 and '09 and now the Dykhouse Center in '09. What is next? Who can guess? Play-offs? A renavated CAS? A MVFC championship? An indoor practice facility? Increased coaches salaries? More coaches? More attendance? More season ticket sales? Hopefully all, but the cycle needs to keep turning. We need to remember that this football program has come a long way in just 5 years.
      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        More and bigger donors are needed from somewhere.
        Bigger donors? I've been trying to lose a few pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Bigger donors? I've been trying to lose a few pounds.
          Way off topic, but I've dropped somewhere over 20 lbs in about 3 weeks on a physician-monitored Very Low Calorie Diet. Basically, I'm eating 10 meal replacement thingies every day--almost all of the calories are protein, totalling about half the calories my lean muscle mass wants to burn. Add in some appetite suppressant meds, and voila! no hunger at all!

Pricey, but it works. Man, it works! I only have about 50 pounds to go.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Way off topic, but I've dropped somewhere over 20 lbs in about 3 weeks on a physician-monitored Very Low Calorie Diet. Basically, I'm eating 10 meal replacement thingies every day--almost all of the calories are protein, totalling about half the calories my lean muscle mass wants to burn. Add in some appetite suppressant meds, and voila! no hunger at all!

Pricey, but it works. Man, it works! I only have about 50 pounds to go.
            Good for you, Filbert. My brother the doc says I'd better get my extra 20 pounds off while I'm still in my 40s because it gets a lot tougher in your 50s.

If you don't mind my asking, what program are you doing? Sorry to continue the tangent.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Good for you, Filbert. My brother the doc says I'd better get my extra 20 pounds off while I'm still in my 40s because it gets a lot tougher in your 50s.

If you don't mind my asking, what program are you doing? Sorry to continue the tangent.
              Sent you a PM . . . we can go back to flagellating expired equines . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm eating ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I'm eating ice cream.
                  I like pie.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    I like pie.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                    Yeah, I'm actually pretty much done talking about this right now, too. Like I said in the title, I knew I was beating a dead horse with the original post.

About the only other thing I can say is with the new AD, Jackrabbit Nation (myself included) will need to keep an open mind and continue to support the Jacks on and off the field (wherever that field happens to be ).
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think this has been a good discussion thread. BAL(BY AND LARGE) the discussion has been civil and healthy. Growing our presence in SF is very important. Its about methodolgy and resources that are available.

Pie is more of afternoon threat and its not even 8:00AM so will pass on the pie, more like Wheaties time.

Comment

I used to eat wheaties all the time, but now I'm in a funk...gotta have my Dyno-bites (malt o meal version of Fruity Pebbles) every morning.

On the whole, breakfast is pretty hit and miss for me, I'll eat healthy breakfasts for a couple weeks, then I'll eat unhealthy breakfasts for a couple weeks, then I won't eat any breakfast at all for a couple weeks.

Also, I almost got addicted to Casey's breakfast pizza (sausage) a couple weeks ago.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Also, I almost got addicted to Casey's breakfast pizza (sausage) a couple weeks ago.
                          Breakfast pizzas are the debble.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                            Breakfast pizzas are the debble.
                            I dunno, I'm more of a sucker for the breakfast burrito...

Comment

Working...
                            X