NDSU vs. Iowa St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs. Iowa St.

It's also on http://www.channelsurfing.net/ North Dakota State at Iowa State along with Illinois State at Eastern Illinois and Western Illinois vs Sam Houston State
    Go State! Go State!

Comment

Iowa STate 24, NDSU 17 with 3:24 to go in the 3rd.
      Iowa State goes for a 50-yd fg and hit it. ISU 27, NDSU 17 with 1:27 in the 3rd. NDSU defense giving ISU some trouble.

Comment

About 5 min left and its 34-17 Iowa State. Field goal by each team and I picked the score correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          Iowa ST 34
          NDSU 13
          Looks like I was close. Final = 34-17

Comment

The Bison gave ISU a good game.Their defense will be as good or better than last year. Look out for good yards from Pascall and the true freshman Stiegers. Darn near ran one in from about 45 years in the second quarter. NDSU could be tough.

Comment

Thought the game wound up eerily similar to our game with ISU sans the 5 turnovers. Close yardage battle and a good fight throughout. Sure wish the Bison would have got them.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Iowa State is predicted to not win a conference game this year. That is not a very good football team. It wasn't a very good football team last year either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                  Iowa State is predicted to not win a conference game this year. That is not a very good football team. It wasn't a very good football team last year either.
                  say something we don't know

Comment

Ndsu-isu

I was at the NSDU-Iowa State game in Ames and the Bison gave the Cyclones a good tussle. It was just 17-10 at halftime and Mertens had lost a fumble at the goal line.

Mertens looked a little shaky passing at times but made a beautiful 15-yard TD pass to Mark Veldman in the back of the endzone that had to be perfectly placed. Veldman went up over a smaller DB to grab it.

Paschall looked good...146 yards on 21 carries. The Bison rushed for 210 yards and finished with 388 in total offense.

It's hard to say how much Iowa State displayed with arch-rival Iowa coming up next week. But they did use a reverse/pass that should have gone for a touchdown. And when they blitzed corners in the 4th quarter they got a couple of QB sacks.

Crowd of 48,831 was largest for an Iowa State home opener since 1987...Iowa/Iowa State. Nice contingent of Bison fans at the game. Just guessing, I'd say there were more Jackrabbit fans last year...but Fargo is farther away. Was wearing my Jackrabbit sweatshirt and had only one NDSU fan tell me I was at the wrong game.

Overheard an ISU and NDSU fan talking at halftime. Both were respectful of SDSU. Bison fan said SDSU is their big rival and the Cyclone fan talked about the men's basketball team beating them last year.

Link to Cedar Rapids Gazette coverage of the game
                    http://cedarrapidsgazette.ussrv06.ne....com/index.php

Comment

Re: Ndsu-isu

Why is this in the Jackrabbit Football section?

Comment

Re: Ndsu-isu

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        Why is this in the Jackrabbit Football section?
                        Good question. Threads merged.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

we have some issues to attend to thats for sure, Gary Wiliams one of our starting WR's is out for a month with a strained MCL, Paschall is a hidden jem he is fast, with Sigars the true Freshman, DJ, and Voitlander in the backfield its going to be a fun year, Veldman the 6' 7" TE is a beast also can't wait to play FCS competiton. Oh yeah ISU is a horrible program, boith SDSU and NDSU should have beaten them DAMN!!! oh good luck and show the Socon the MVFC can play some ball!!!
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                          X