Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Starting QB

Originally posted by Jedi Incognito View Post
    im confident any of the other QB's could compete better, but if i had to pick one it would be O'Brien, i saw him throw at the spring game and other various practices, dudes got a cannon and great vision of the field. Its cool that the competition was tight but like whoever was saying before if Craw was gonna be the starter "regardless" why would the coaches lie and say that the competition was open for anyone. Isnt that unfair to the QB's who worked there a.s.s.e.s. off in hopes of a chance to start. Only to realize that stig had his decision the whole time. Stig is a swindler for pulling a stunt like that. I lose a lot of respect for a coach that does something like that im sorry
    That is not being a swindler at all. He put the opportunity out there for the other QB's to prove themselves as the far and away starter, and obviously they didn't. I will give you that OB has the better arm, and perhaps vision by a tad. But I think that what he lacks right now compared to Crawford is composure in the pocket once things get hairy, which they will no matter how good of an o-line we have. Besides if a race is close for a position I would rather have the more mature and seasoned player in starting rather than risk it on a person who didn't prove himself head and shoulders above the rest and risk him being shell shocked. Especially at the QB position. A senior automatically will command more respect as a leader of the team than a redshirt frosh. Now granted I do believe that OB would be a fine leader, but I think Crawford will have more control over the huddle in pressure, as of today. I think that giving O'Brian another year to learn is a very good thing. I see him coming out much better off for this, much like an Aaron Rodgers for the Packers, who had a couple years to learn the system and be comfortable.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Mr. Incognito has earned a permanent ban by trying to re-register under another user id.
      I miss him already.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I miss him already.
        I was interested to see how deep that dude was willing to dig his hole. To bad he didn't have any tact.

I know for a fact that it was not any easy decision for Stig and the staff. I also know that he is going to put the best options on the field to help the team win. Honestly, from what I heard Crawford is the least of 4 evils. No one separated themselves from the pack so he had to go with the known commodity (experience in the offense). Just because someone is athletic or has a rocket arm doesn't mean jack (NPI) if he doesn't know where he or the ball is going.

I hate to speculate cause I know there were people wondering what the hell I was doing on the field in my day.

I am very excited about the game this weekend and am not going to be able to think about much else on Sat. until the game gets going.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
          I hate to speculate cause I know there were people wondering what the hell I was doing on the field in my day.
          Well, since you no longer on the playing field, you are now a fan. That means you are 100x smarter than any player on the field, 10,000x smarter than the coaches, and speculation is your business.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Mr. Incognito has earned a permanent ban by trying to re-register under another user id.

Cosmic question: Is it an oxymoron to ban Incognito?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I often wondered what you were doing on the field myself (j/k).

You're right though, it doesn't always come down to athletic ability to determine starters. If that was the case I may have never stepped on the field. I've said it before, practice field + weight room + lockerroom and I'll add in meeting room helps put guys on the field. I had three of the four (sucked in the weight room) and was able to be an OK performer on the field. I trust Stig, and I also trust that he's got Crawford on a short leash as well. This is about winning, not about program building.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                I often wondered what you were doing on the field myself (j/k).

You're right though, it doesn't always come down to athletic ability to determine starters. .

Some QB examples through the years: Joe Kapp, Billy Kilmer, Trent Dilfer (wears a Super Bowl ring, friends). Others?

Comment

Working...
                X