2010 Football Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

I feel that as we read the list of recruits signing we look and maybe ask who will be an impact player. The way I see it is we are recruiting players who we can build up and fit where we need too and develop along the way. I feel other schools may be recruiting young players to become impact players right away. Maybe I am wrong in my assesment but very rare would we go with a Freshman unless we are limited by injuries or graduation or departures. I feel NDSU and maybe USD will be countin on using recruits to early to rely on. Maybe the experiece will pay off a few years down the road having players start early in their career. The way we have been getting better and better every year I am not worried. I think we have a solid core of recruits and trust the coaching staff. Untill we see a drop off in talent I would not be considered at all with the players the coaching staff goes with.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I feel that as we read the list of recruits signing we look and maybe ask who will be an impact player. The way I see it is we are recruiting players who we can build up and fit where we need too and develop along the way. I feel other schools may be recruiting young players to become impact players right away. Maybe I am wrong in my assesment but very rare would we go with a Freshman unless we are limited by injuries or graduation or departures. I feel NDSU and maybe USD will be countin on using recruits to early to rely on. Maybe the experiece will pay off a few years down the road having players start early in their career. The way we have been getting better and better every year I am not worried. I think we have a solid core of recruits and trust the coaching staff. Untill we see a drop off in talent I would not be considered at all with the players the coaching staff goes with.
      redshirts help and hurt with recruiting, some guys like having a scholarship for 5 years, its easier on the school part of it and you physically get stronger, at the same time many of the recruits have been the "star" player since they were old enough to walk and making them sit out a year, and only practice is hard on a lot of players....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        redshirts help and hurt with recruiting, some guys like having a scholarship for 5 years, its easier on the school part of it and you physically get stronger, at the same time many of the recruits have been the "star" player since they were old enough to walk and making them sit out a year, and only practice is hard on a lot of players....
        Strongly believe redshirting is the way to go. Are these kids better at age 23 or 19? Takes time to learn a new system and many of these kids end up scout team players helping prep the starting O and D for the week ahead. Vital for the program

Comment

NDSU and USD have been forced to play younger kids but it's defiantly not what they want to do. NDSU has had injuries and player turnover to force them to play younger kids, while UND & USD are just trying to catch up with the scholarships and don't have that depth yet. The goal of most FCS teams is too redshirt freshman and start Seniors & Juniors.

Comment

You need to redshirt for the college game anymore.

For SDSU, it's the rare kid these days that plays as a true freshman. And credit Stig for going that route even when the program wasn't fully funded.

Comment

TV just reported via Twitter that latest commit is OL Andrew Mueller from KC. Says he had multiple FBS offers.

Comment

Another OL commit per Terry's Tweet!

6'4" Andrew Mueller from KC
                http://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

Comment

Link to info on Andrew Mueller:
                  http://www.kansascity.com/696/story/1651440.html

Andrew Mueller, Raymore-Peculiar, 6-4, 265, senior. Mueller played the all-important role of left tackle for the Panthers, protecting quarterback Cameron Coffman and the offense that averaged 321 yards per game. Mueller earned first-team all-Suburban Big 7 Conference and all-state honors. Mueller will have his choice on where to attend college with offers from the Air Force Academy, Northern Illinois, South Dakota State and Southeast Missouri State.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/marshall/foo...-Mueller-87547

Ranked as the #24 player in Missouri.

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2010_Missouri.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Ah, a Ray-Pec kid. Nice!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

ESPN gives him a 64 rating and 1 Star:

Mueller presently plays offensive left tackle but lacks the size and great athletic ability for that position at the major level of competition. Because he displays some foot quickness, balance and toughness we recommend a move to guard at the college level of play. Flashes explosion coming out of his stance; battles as a run blocker and works to finish blocks. Improved bulk and playing strength could help him become a more dominate inline blocker. At times his pad level is too high coming out of his stance but does flash the ability to gain leverage when asked to reach block. Can get to the 2nd level but must work on his playing strength when taking on linebackers; have yet to see him pull and trap. In pass protection his quick set and initial punch must improve. Hops and leans in, although he does display recovery skills. May be able to pop out and help with wide rushers. Mueller is a tough aggressive player who must improve his size and playing strength. Not projected high at the major BCS level; rather with time and a red shirt year might develop into a lower level or non BCS starter later in his career.

You can watch some video highlights of him here:
                      http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...40&season=2010

Comment

It is just me or have we gotten a couple of kids that SIU offered? Not suggesting there's anything earth-shattering to it, but it's fun to get kids that the conference champs are after.
                        Last edited by JimmyJack; 01-22-2010, 09:10 AM.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                          Andrew Mueller: Ranked as the #24 player in Missouri.
                          Auston LaBlance: Ranked as the #17 player in Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Andrew Mueller: Ranked as the #24 player in Missouri.
                            Auston LaBlance: Ranked as the #17 player in Missouri.
                            Any idea on the ranking of Dominique Wright?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              It is just me or have we gotten a couple of kids that SIU offered? Not suggesting there's anything earth-shattering to it, but it's fun to get kids that the conference champs are after.
                              I'm sure we've lost a few to them as well JJ, but it is nice. recruits are shaping up though. I'll be happy with 5 or 6 more. Make the playoffs again(please, please please win the conference championship) and really start reaping in some guys. Signing Class of 25 next year(6 or so high quality Junior College transfers to make up for the small shortfall this year) the best of the best and beat more of these schools for the top talent. These guys that State is getting are just like I've stated before, we are going head to head with more schools for the top tier players. They have multiple offers and are taking time to weigh their options rather than hop in the arms of the 1st school that comes knocking. Imagine what Stig is going to do as funding and coaching staff increases? Get a new stadium? I'm pumped.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Can we get him to change his last name? Replace the "u" with an "o" or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X