Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
    I think its unfair to say that the Jacks didn't want him. They hadn't offered him yet and maybe he chose not to wait to see if they would.
    yah maybe.. Will probably never know and in the end doesn't really matter.Maybe he liked the idea of playing in a dome?

Comment

When a student-athlete makes a decision, you just have to wish him or her the best. Trevor Gebhart felt like NDSU was a good fit for him, and I wish him the best.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This has gotten a tad ridiculous in regards to Trevor. He is a great kid who really liked NDSU, not just the football program, but everything. I know his dad, and he told me they have no idea how the rumors of him backing out of NDSU got started, but they have a life of their own on message boards. His family helped him make the decision that was best for HIM, which is what good parents/family should do.

Could things change? Yes. President Chicoine could decide he wants to retire because of reasons unknown at this time. Both are worth the same amount of speculation.

(BTW, this was an absurd example, there is nothing connecting the two)

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          This has gotten a tad ridiculous in regards to Trevor. He is a great kid who really liked NDSU, not just the football program, but everything. I know his dad, and he told me they have no idea how the rumors of him backing out of NDSU got started, but they have a life of their own on message boards. His family helped him make the decision that was best for HIM, which is what good parents/family should do.

Could things change? Yes. President Chicoine could decide he wants to retire because of reasons unknown at this time. Both are worth the same amount of speculation.

(BTW, this was an absurd example, there is nothing connecting the two)
          Regarding absurd examples, I always enjoy the Wayne's World one: Yeah... and monkeys might fly out of my butt.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Regarding absurd examples, I always enjoy the Wayne's World one: Yeah... and monkeys might fly out of my butt.
            Can't believe I forgot that one.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

i guess i was just trying to tell you to quit acting like bisonville fans, and yes i agree, wish kids luck and god knows what does on behind closed doors at everyones homes during visits/offers.

where are the 3-4 good hs sd kickers going?

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
                i guess i was just trying to tell you to quit acting like bisonville fans, and yes i agree, wish kids luck and god knows what does on behind closed doors at everyones homes during visits/offers.

where are the 3-4 good hs sd kickers going?
                This is a good question, SDSU is in pursuit of the kicker from Aberdeen but I haven't heard much about the other kickers. I know a kicker is high on USD's priority list so I would assume one would sign there.

I'm not even sure SDSU will pursue a kicker very hard since we already have 2 place kickers on the roster for next year but I guess the more talent the better.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                  This is a good question, SDSU is in pursuit of the kicker from Aberdeen but I haven't heard much about the other kickers. I know a kicker is high on USD's priority list so I would assume one would sign there.

I'm not even sure SDSU will pursue a kicker very hard since we already have 2 place kickers on the roster for next year but I guess the more talent the better.
                  I'd be willing to bet some very good money we are actively pursuing a kicker for this recruiting class.

Comment

SDSU has interest in a couple of LBs from Wisconsin.

Kolby Knuth 6'3 215 Appleton North, had 126 tackles, 17.5 for loss and 4.5 sacks.

Treymane Williams 6'1 212 Appleton North, 89.5 tackles, 7.5 for loss, 3 sacks and 3 INTs.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...113&id=1102614

Comment

I updated the recruiting list (Page 1 of this thread) with an O-Lineman from Wisconsin.

From Wissports.net

-One of the state's top offensive line prospects from the class of 2010, Pewaukee's Brad Kaatz (6-5, 275) has garnered a lot of recruiting interest since the end of his senior season.

Western Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota State, Northern Michigan, Minnesota-Duluth, Augustana, Winona State and Concordia-St. Paul have all either already stopped by Pewaukee or said they'll be visiting in the near future.

Comment

Somebody help this lazy poster... when is the signing deadline, any good guesses on when we'll see a more complete list of signees?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Somebody help this lazy poster... when is the signing deadline, any good guesses on when we'll see a more complete list of signees?
                          usually the first week of February

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            National Signing day is February 3rd. That is the 1st day recruits can sign their letter of intents.

Comment

The next "official visits" is the 2nd week in January, so I would expect some verbals to role in shortly after that. There maybe a few (2/3) between now and than.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                The next "official visits" is the 2nd week in January, so I would expect some verbals to role in shortly after that. There maybe a few (2/3) between now and than.

any hints?

Comment

Working...
                                X