Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
    TV says there are 3 more verbals coming!!!

http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec
    Trevor Gregor Wagner OT 6-4 285

Dominque Wright WR Kansas City 6-0 170

Austin Leblance- DE Kansas City http://rivals.yahoo.com/wyoming/foot...LaBlance-96657

Comment

Dominique Wright is a speedster:
      http://www.examiner.net/sports/blues...rack-and-field

Here are highlights of Auston LaBlance (#44 in the Video, has a big frame and moves well for his size):
      http://www.hudl.com/athlete/18979/auston-lablance
      Last edited by Kemo; 01-20-2010, 01:11 AM.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Looks like the class is coming together very nicely. Granted these are only verbals, but it should help ease some of the folks that were ready to jump off the campanile.

Speaking of jumping. Looks like Stu is jumping the shark to stir up some comments on his blog. I won't link to it out of principle, but he says speaking of Gebhart: "
        "Let's just hope he has a chance to experience beating SDSU during his time of eligibility, because those wins haven't been piling up of late."
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

DB Yusef Wade 5'11 175 4.48 40 from Lincoln, NE is getting interest.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...sef-Wade-96733

Comment

DE Auston LaBlance was given a 73 grade and 2 Stars from ESPN.

Their write-up:

LaBlance has experience on both sides of the ball at tight end and defensive end. His better fit is likely on defense in college. He has a solid frame, but will need to get into a college weight program and add needed bulk to his frame. He has a solid get-off. He displays good recognition skills. Flashes the ability to keep pad level and use his hands to engage and take on blockers. Does a solid job at the point of attack, but does need to work on being more consistent with his weapons. Will not just blindly run up-field and will come across the ball and breakdown. He plays with a good motor and takes good angles to the ball in pursuit and is a solid tackler. Displays adequate straight-line speed. As a pass rusher he will work to use his hands to try and separate and work past blockers. Does not display the ability to run by blockers and needs to keep developing his pass rush arsenal. LaBlance needs to keep developing his frame, but is a solid prospect.

Rivals gives him a 2 Star rating with a 5.3 grade. A 5.5 grade is a 3 star recruit so he isn't very far from that.

Says he had offers from Air Force, USD, & Southern Illinois
            Last edited by mitchell; 01-20-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              21.5 in the 200m dash for a Junior is pretty fast.

Looks like he played more safety in college but also some WR and RB.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/3By...que-wright.htm

Wright said that USD, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and Southern Illinois also made offers

Looks like we beat out some good competition

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                21.5 in the 200m dash for a Junior is pretty fast.

Looks like he played more safety in college but also some WR and RB.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/3By...que-wright.htm

Wright said that USD, Northern Iowa, North Dakota State and Southern Illinois also made offers

Looks like we beat out some good competition

is this kid coming out of high school or JC?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                  is this kid coming out of high school or JC?
                  High school

Comment

I'll keep updating the first page of this thread with SDSU recruits but I figured I'd pass along Terry V's list as well.

He has a list of all the recruits who have given their verbal so far and a little tidbit about each one.

Comment

Auston LeBlance is a great example of patience in recruiting. Here is a kid who had an offer from Air Force, with interest from four Big 12 schools and two other quality programs. He is a kid that fell through the cracks and the Jackrabbits were in position to offer. With a limited number of scholarships this year, it is nice to see that we are getting some high quality recruits.

Comment

We now have 8 verbals and 7 scholarships offered. Some of those may be partial scholarships, so we may have more room. How many more scholarships are available and what will we likely land with the few that are left?

We currently have 2 QBs, 3 DEs, 1 WR, 1 OL, and a kicker. In addition, we have offers out on a safety and two corners. That does not leave too much room for other positions.

Finally, we have interest from 42 other players. What is the chance that some of those last few verbals are not even on that list?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          Auston LeBlance is a great example of patience in recruiting. Here is a kid who had an offer from Air Force, with interest from four Big 12 schools and two other quality programs. He is a kid that fell through the cracks and the Jackrabbits were in position to offer. With a limited number of scholarships this year, it is nice to see that we are getting some high quality recruits.
                          I think this quote is a perfect example of patience in recruiting:

From WR Dominique Wright, His reason for choosing SDSU went beyond football.
                          "We're real big Christians, me and my family, and Coach Stig is a great guy," he said, "and Coach Bubak has been recruiting me for like two years. On my visit, I really liked it and felt at home."

When all the verbals where rolling in for NDSU, Bisonville was spouting off on how Coach Stig just waits around and picks out leftovers, and how he doesn't give players enough personal attention.
                          This quote goes to show how our staff is out putting in the hard work year round and does put an emphasis on getting to know it's recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            We now have 8 verbals and 7 scholarships offered. Some of those may be partial scholarships, so we may have more room. How many more scholarships are available and what will we likely land with the few that are left?

We currently have 2 QBs, 3 DEs, 1 WR, 1 OL, and a kicker. In addition, we have offers out on a safety and two corners. That does not leave too much room for other positions.

Finally, we have interest from 42 other players. What is the chance that some of those last few verbals are not even on that list?
                            I would guess the next few verbals could easily come from a player we haven't mentioned yet. The last three recruits that signed were completely out of the blue.

As far as what we are targeting, I would guess based on the offers we are looking at adding 2 CB's & a Safety. I also think we're looking at another O-Lineman (possibly JUCO), and another WR (possibly JUCO).
                            We also need a RB, TE, & a DT to fill out some gaps in the roster. We could also get a walk-on punter as Dean Priddy is a Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              I

When all the verbals where rolling in for NDSU, Bisonville was spouting off on how Coach Stig just waits around and picks out leftovers, and how he doesn't give players enough personal attention.

Looks like there was a little premature satisfaction going on over there given the way Jacks' class appears to be shaping up. Instant analysis? Looks to me like Bison took a "let's lock in the best regional kids we know" early while the Jacks, comfortable with the base they have, are seeking the right recruits over a broader swath? Fair?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Looks like there was a little premature satisfaction going on over there given the way Jacks' class appears to be shaping up. Instant analysis? Looks to me like Bison took a "let's lock in the best regional kids we know" early while the Jacks, comfortable with the base they have, are seeking the right recruits over a broader swath? Fair?
                                I think it's getting a bit tiresome comparing the two schools and their recruiting. NDSU has a good class that they should be proud of and I believe SDSU is building a class that we also will be proud in.

Comment

Working...
                                X