Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Football Recruiting List

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
    Rivals has Hayden Baker as getting interest from the Jacks.

6'2" 255, Center, Trout Valley Illinois

Has interest from all the Ivy League Schools

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n-Baker-106335

I'm thinking this could be a preferred walk-on situation.
    Nice find. He looks like a good athlete and if he is being recruited by that crowd, smart centers are always important. If he has enough frame and a nasty streak, he could be a very good find.

Comment

Trevor Hauser has a preferred walk-on from us and Illinois State.

"-Recruiting has definitely taken off as of late for Holmen running back Taylor Hauser (5-10, 212). The biggest news – two preferred walk-on invitations from Division I-FCS schools.

“Today, I was just offered as a walk-on at Illinois State,” Hauser said Monday evening. “I talked to their recruiting coordinator and he said he would love me to be a part of their program.

“Also, I have been offered the same thing (preferred walk-on) at South Dakota State as soon as I get accepted into their university,” Hauser said.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...113&id=1108468
      “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

I added Eden Prairie's Taylor Grant to the interest list:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=3404242

6'4" 225, QB, Eden Prairie MN

Some more tidbits:

Taylor's dad is Eden Prairie's coach Mike Grant, his grandfather is Ex Vikings coach Bud Grant, and his brother Ryan plays for the Gophers

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...&Q_SEASON=2009

Eden Prairie is THE program in Minneapolis and is always highly ranked and playing in the state championship... (usually against Joe Mauer's old school St Paul Cretin-Durham)

It lists Taylor at QB, but he's played other positions for EP like Tight End. I would guess he's being recruited at TE, DE or LB.

Comment

Another addition:

Michael Gray - Auburn, CA - DE - 6'4" 225

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=4715896

Comment

Per Fargo Paper Zach Vraa has verbaled to NDSU

I thought he was on the SDSU list but didn't see him anywhere. Apparently he was Mr. Football in Minn.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
              Per Fargo Paper Zach Vraa has verbaled to NDSU

I thought he was on the SDSU list but didn't see him anywhere. Apparently he was Mr. Football in Minn.
              You have to give it up to Coach Bohl and NSDU, even after a horrible 3-8 season they go out and get a very impressive recruiting class.

Comment

You have to give it up to Coach Bohl and NSDU, even after a horrible 3-8 season they go out and get a very impressive recruiting class.

yep and now if we can just figure out putting that talent to use on the field
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

The Bison definitely got some good receiving potential in this class with Vraa and Gebhart, but I think we could have just as good of prospects in this class if we land Kipili'i and Schneider... of course nobody really knows who will end up better, but at least the talent is there for both teams (if we land these players of course).
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Added FB Jake Howe to the list. Apparantly SDSU had on offer out to him but he committed to Illinois today. Looks like he is a DT prospect.

FB, Jake Howe, McHenry, Illinois - 6'3" 260 lbs

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ake-Howe-83512

Comment

are all 20 of these Bison recruits getting full (or near) scholarships? 20 seems like a big class and you still have a month left....

I expect a few verbals over the next week and a half but that is just a guess.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        are all 20 of these Bison recruits getting full (or near) scholarships? 20 seems like a big class and you still have a month left....

I expect a few verbals over the next week and a half but that is just a guess.....
                        Well the Bison did kick a bunch of kids off the team this year. They have more scholarships available than in most years.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          The Bison definitely got some good receiving potential in this class with Vraa and Gebhart, but I think we could have just as good of prospects in this class if we land Kipili'i and Schneider... of course nobody really knows who will end up better, but at least the talent is there for both teams (if we land these players of course).
                          If SDSU would have wanted these 2 guys they would have went after them and recruited them. IMO but too much has been made about Gebhart going to NDSU. Being fast on the track doesn't necessarily mean that he is going to be fast on the football field. Obviously time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                            If SDSU would have wanted these 2 guys they would have went after them and recruited them. IMO but too much has been made about Gebhart going to NDSU. Being fast on the track doesn't necessarily mean that he is going to be fast on the football field. Obviously time will tell.
                            Gebhart is fast on the football field also. Vraa is the one that surprises me that wasn't getting more FBS looks. Mr. Football in MN is a pretty impressive award, but the 4.58 forty time must be what held the offers back.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Gebhart is fast on the football field also. Vraa is the one that surprises me that wasn't getting more FBS looks. Mr. Football in MN is a pretty impressive award, but the 4.58 forty time must be what held the offers back.
                              How bout we spend some time wondering who the Jacks are going to sign rather than who NDSU gets. Being an Ex-player who used to play against those guys I could really care less who goes up there.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                                How bout we spend some time wondering who the Jacks are going to sign rather than who NDSU gets. Being an Ex-player who used to play against those guys I could really care less who goes up there.
                                Agreed. It's been a bit slow on our end with only two commitments so far, but after this weekend we should be getting alot more news and verbals.

Comment

Working...
                                X