QB Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QB Situation

I am not trying to say O'Brien is Brett Favre. I am saying that he is the most talented. Yes, Joe Montana was smart, but he was also extremely talented! I, personally, would love to see TO given the chance to grow and develop his skills. He also is a smart kid like Whittier! Let's not forget that.

Comment

It's a good thing to have a bunch of talented QBs, no? I have no idea who's going to be the starter, but it'll be fun to watch it play out.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        It's a good thing to have a bunch of talented QBs, no? I have no idea who's going to be the starter, but it'll be fun to watch it play out.
        Its a great problem to have. We appear to have some quality young men that will be show casing their talents for the QB spot in practice this fall. Its a nice problem to have when you have options.

However, I am betting on O'Brien with Whittier a very close second. Again, an excellent problem to have.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I've gotta say, I'm conflicted in who I'd like to see nab the starting job.

On one hand, Crawford is the senior, but I can't shake the idea of having a 4 year starter in Thomas O'Brien, plus I just love saying his name....just sounds like the name of a guy I'd want leading my football team.

One the other hand, my wife had Whittier in class last year and made several comments about what a polite, nice kid he is, (which I'm sure they all are) so having that connection would make it cool to see him out there every day as well.

Not sure about Mondol, haven't heard much about him.

I guess right now, I'm leaning Thomas O'Brien.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Okay, I haven't given alot of thought to this....but....which would you prefer? TO might not make us the best team as of right now....but.....his experience could make us a very good team 1-2-3 years down the road. Now, let's say the more experienced guy like Crawford could possibly be the best guy for this year but that's it and a guy like TO doesn't get any game experince out of this year. Are you willing to possibly take an extra loss or two this year for the development of a guy like TO down the road or do you roll the dice that a 5th yr sr Crawford could possibly take us to the playoffs?

My .02......I like to look to the future. I think with this seasons schedule it's going to be hard to make the postseason no matter who is under center. I say if they are close let the kid (TO) take the lumps and make us a better team in the long run.

Comment

If we start a young QB, lets say Thomas O'Brien or Mike Whittier. I think your defense can carry us this year early, by the time the toughest part of our schedule comes (mid-season and on) the offense will need be ready to roll.

Comment

Does anyone know if Whittier can redshirt this year if he is not the starter?
                Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                  Does anyone know if Whittier can redshirt this year if he is not the starter?
                  Terry Vandrovec was on the sports show on 910 yesterday morning and said yes he can redshirt.

Comment

What does anyone think about starting different qb's each 1/2 for a few games, can the offense get used to a new signal caller?Or , is this a stupid idea?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      What does anyone think about starting different qb's each 1/2 for a few games, can the offense get used to a new signal caller?Or , is this a stupid idea?
                      I don't like it all. I think if you have more than one QB you essentially have no QB. That said, I'm no FB coach and I've seen it work when the right personnel are involved. If one of the QB's is primarily a runner and we want to try something resembling the "wildcat" formation (we did something like this with Koenig taking the snap last year) then I could see running a different guy in there. But, to define at starting QB for each 1/2 spells disaster IMO.

Commit to one guy and deal with the results, the sooner the better.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree,it sounded like a stupid idea after i wrote it.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...29/1002/sports

Looking out for No. 1

Jacks must choose quarterback among four candidates

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • August 21, 2009

BROOKINGS - A team that has two quarterbacks doesn't really have any quarterbacks, or so the saying goes. What, then, does that mean for South Dakota State, a squad that has four players locked in a dead heat for the starting spot?

The way the Jackrabbits see it, the logjam means they have quality depth at that position, just like they do at several others.

"We could win games with any of the four," quarterbacks coach Shannon Moore said. "I think each of them would bring a different quality to our offense, whether it's athleticism or arm strength." . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                          X