2009 AGS Preseason Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 AGS Preseason Poll

Was in Barnes & Nobel's last night and looked through the Lindy's and Sportingnews college football previews. Lindy's had SDSU finishing 3rd and Sportingnews had the Jacks finishing 4th with WIU finishing ahead of them in 3rd.

Kyle Minett was chosen as the Offensive player of the year in both publications.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      I think this 2nd paragraph sums up the story well.
      In the 6 games SDSU gave up between 34 to 48 points, they had 18 turnovers. Three of the INT's were returned for TD's. In one of the games, they allowed 22 points in OT. Take those points out and SDSU only allowed 24 points in that game instead of 46.
      SDSU does return most of their defense from last year. SDSU was missing both safties and their starting nose tackle most of the season. I guess you could say that 2 of those 3 graduated so their defense might struggle this year too but I think with a year of experience everybody else will improve.
      SDSU is still getting better each year and it won't take long for NDSU to get back up there.
      Only 3 teams from this conference in the top 25 is a joke. I don't know if I can really complain but it should never be that way. I guess there were 6(I think) teams in the preseason poll last year and it didn't end like that so we'll see if it's the other way around this year.
      If I remember right, MVC didn't do well OOC and they need to earn back a bit of respect, not to mention YSU's struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        Was in Barnes & Nobel's last night and looked through the Lindy's and Sportingnews college football previews. Lindy's had SDSU finishing 3rd and Sportingnews had the Jacks finishing 4th with WIU finishing ahead of them in 3rd.

Kyle Minett was chosen as the Offensive player of the year in both publications.
        Lindy's had the Jacks ranked 11th overall as well with SIU ranked 12th and UNI 3rd (I think)

Comment

Working...
        X