Season Ticket Renewals and Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Season Ticket Renewals and Purchase

I had planned on buying them this year but then I needed a new roof and a new heater/air conditioner. I still won't miss a game but I would have liked having the guaranteed seats.
    I think that turning the east side into more reserved seating will go a long way toward fixing the walk up crowd syndrome. But, until a new stadium is built for 13,000 seats, season ticket numbers will always be too low.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

There has been some talk about moving the band to the south end zone under the scoreboard. That would free up a bunch of good seats on the grandstand for season ticket sales. It would also make it easier to hear the band for those of us in the main grandstand. And, it would make it easier for the band to get on and off the field at halftime. There may be some reasons why it's not a good idea, but I can't think of any.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The band has always had pretty much the best seats in the house, moving them to the end zone is a good idea, sorry band, but freeing up space for reserved and general public seating is a good idea and could up the attendance numbers by three hundred or so.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          There has been some talk about moving the band to the south end zone under the scoreboard. ....
          Excellent idea. I hope the change is made.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I think that would be a great move to open up some prime season ticket seats, provide the crowd with a chance to hear the band and give the band easier access to the field.

Comment

I like the change suggestions as well. With a different band master, he might be open for change. Seems like pep bands for BB and maybe marching bands for football seem to be in endzones or even corners of the facility rather than along courtside or in yardline seating.

If we keep winning, it is a better product that attracts more people. I think its that simple.

Comment

One other thing to think about if the change does happen. That area was a prime gen admin area. If you take that away it lessens the decent sitting area for gen admin seats. Potentially forcing people to think ahead and buy their tickets early.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  There has been some talk about moving the band to the south end zone under the scoreboard. That would free up a bunch of good seats on the grandstand for season ticket sales. It would also make it easier to hear the band for those of us in the main grandstand. And, it would make it easier for the band to get on and off the field at halftime. There may be some reasons why it's not a good idea, but I can't think of any.
                  The athletic department has been in favor of this for some time, but there was resistance from the band director. I believe the new director may be more amenable to such a change. Stay tuned.

Comment

I think it would be a great move for both the band and fans! And FWIW, if you look at TCF Bank Stadium, there's a special section built into the closed end behind the endzone for the Gophers' band. I'm not saying we have to do it just because they did, just an example that what we're talking about is being done elsewhere. And with the new band director coming in, I think it would be a good time to make the move. I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen. Just my .02 ...
                    "You trusted us"

Comment

If anything, the Pride would be more the center of attention in the south end than they are on the main grandstand. They're such a great part of the atmosphere, I think they could really make even more of a difference from under the scoreboard.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I've always thought the band should be in a place where you can hear them a lot better than where they have been the last several years. Having them in the endzone would give them better visability and the quality of their sound in the stands would be much better. The access to the field in the post above is a great point. They would also have good interaction with the students.

Now that we have the nice setup with the Daktronics board in that endzone the band would only enhance that IMHO.

Obviously, we would game some more seating in the stands which is a plus but overall capacity wouldnt really change.

HEY, JACKS FANS, GET THOSE SEASON TICKETS AND LET'S KEEP THOSE IN GREEN TO A MINIMUM FOR THE NDSU GAME!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Has anyone on the board bought season tickets for the first time?
                          I got two tickets for the first time this season. Normally we would just get GA tickets and sit across from the band. We could only make it to Hobo Day last year so we just sat in the north endzone. But now we can make it to at least 4 of the 5 home games this year, so we sprang for the season tickets, we got tickets in section E. I always wondered why the band had such good seats, don't get me wrong I enjoyed seating on the 30 yard line. I think most bands are either in an endzone or at least outside the 20. IF they moved to the endzone, and I think they should, then they could also be on the field for pregame like most bands do. Where they are now if they tried that the band wouldn't be ready until halfway through the first quarter then they have to leave halfway though the second to get back down to the field.
                          Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            HEY, JACKS FANS, GET THOSE SEASON TICKETS AND LET'S KEEP THOSE IN GREEN TO A MINIMUM FOR THE NDSU GAME!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            Has there been any talk about letting Season Ticket holders buy extra tickets to this game before they go on sale to the general public?

Comment

The only reason I could imagine for keeping the band where they are is that they are a good buffer between the drunk, rowdy student section and the season ticket holders. I agree though that it would be nice to move them to under the scoreboard.

CAS is going to just keep getting better and better attendance so we really are going to need to upgrade the grandstands on both sides. I'd be surprised if something doesn't come to fruition in the next 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                The only reason I could imagine for keeping the band where they are is that they are a good buffer between the drunk, rowdy student section and the season ticket holders.
                                Because there are only drunk students in the student section and there are no drunk adults in the adult section.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X