SDSU/USD Share Open Date in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU/USD Share Open Date in 2010

Part of me wants to see it happen but part of me is like would this help a playoff chance?

If SDSU wins its yeah great job, they should win..... If they don't its a huge disapointment and a huge win for USD..... I think thats where the problem is....

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      if the students are from south dakota, they probably know about the rivalry, dont you think. my son saw one sdsu/usd football while attending school there. but he saw others before he went to sdsu because i would go. they read newspapers, im sure they know about the rivalry, even if it hasnt happened while theyve been in school.
      Yep, exactly. I've attended SDSU/USD games in the past, I was little but I've been there, and people know the history. My dad is an SDSU grad so I'm very aware of the rivalry as are most of the students from South Dakota that attend State.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        To balance things out, that means 2 consecutive trips to Vermillion.

Why?

Because I don't think you want the USD & NDSU home games in the same season.
        I don't think there is any chance of having a game in Verm, the dome is too small and the gate wouldn't be that good, it would have to be in Sioux Falls "home game" to make it profitable for the Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          The problem with conference power rankings is that conferences don't play each other--schools do. Meierkort is essentially taking credit for Cal Poly's strength last year.

Take Cal Poly out of the GWFC and you have a bunch of basically mediocre teams. Take MVFC champion Northern Iowa out and you still have a very strong league. On the other hand, Indiana State was an epically bad team last year.
          Isn't Indiana State always an epically bad team?

Comment

To balance things out, that means 2 consecutive trips to Vermillion.

Why?

Because I don't think you want the USD & NDSU home games in the same season.

That is not the way I read the story. SDSU is looking for guarantee games (we will pay the other school to come to our place). This isn't even a 2 for 1 deal. If the Yotes want to come to Brookings in 2010 and 2011 we will pay them and the contract is done.

If the Yotes want to take that deal, I have no problem with it. No need for us to do a home and home.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              I don't think there is any chance of having a game in Verm, the dome is too small and the gate wouldn't be that good, it would have to be in Sioux Falls "home game" to make it profitable for the Yotes.
              Howard Wood ain't any bigger than the dome.

Furthermore as to the "gate'll be bad, it's in November" argument, well, guess what, the gate'd be worse if it was Podunk U. from East Overshoe Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                If the Yotes want to come to Brookings in 2010 and 2011 we will pay them and the contract is done.
                You're right. There won't be the slightest interest in continuing the series after 2011. Two and done. Exactly.

Comment

Furthermore as to the "gate'll be bad, it's in November" argument, well, guess what, the gate'd be worse if it was Podunk U. from East Overshoe Kansas.
                  I heard they travel well...

I really hope they get this deal done,... (edited by JackJD--attacking posts is okay, poster is not...time to put some brakes on it, RO)
                  Last edited by JackJD; 04-23-2009, 01:45 PM.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

What Rob is looking for in 2010 and 2011 are guarantee games so it doesn't matter what USD's or Podunk U's gate is as we are not talking about a home and home deal. So who cares how big Howard Wood or the dome is?

p.s. not a dig at you zooropa

Comment

You're right. There won't be the slightest interest in continuing the series after 2011. Two and done. Exactly.
                      Maybe there is interest in games after 2011, I have no idea, but that is not what Rob was talking about in the story.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        What Rob is looking for in 2010 and 2011 are guarantee games
                        I GET that. However, once the ink is dry on the 2010/2011 contracts, doesn't it seem likely that both administrators will want to schedule MORE games?

Because SDSU & USD aren't in the same football conference, games will always be contracted.

Comment

I GET that. However, once the ink is dry on the 2010/2011 contracts, doesn't it seem likely that both administrators will want to schedule MORE games?

Because SDSU & USD aren't in the same football conference, games will always be contracted.
                          Yes...it does seem likely. But those games as home and home contracts could start in Brookings.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I don't think SDSU would do for a 2-for-1 with the 2 being in Vermillion. If this happens and both games are in Brookings, I have a feeling it will be a home and home from here on out

Comment

Maybe, I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                Yes...it does seem likely. But those games as home and home contracts could start in Brookings.
                                Also possible, as 2012, like 2010 will be an NDSU road game.

However, USD might want some additional uh, emolument, for playing 3 straight years in Brookings, and the school might opt to pay it or play twice in Vermillion.

Comment

Working...
                                X