How good will SDSU be in '09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good will SDSU be in '09

I have followed your basketball programs this past winter and became fairly well acquainted with them, but really don't know how good your football team will be in 2009?

Are there high expectations? if so, are they warranted? How do you think you will fare in league play?

Looking forward to your contributions on this one.

YFE

Re: How good will SDSU be in '09

It's REALLY early to tell, but generally speaking, the Jacks are returning a REALLY well loaded team. Two key losses were Ryan Berry and JaRon Harris. Both demonstrated multiple game changing performances. If the new QB is a solid performer, the Jacks should enter the MoValley as #3 pick, and a low 20's FCS pick.

From a schedule standpoint, they have the top three MoValley contenders at home this year, plus GA Southern to Brookings. GA Southern will also be in the same situation as SDSU, but in the compariably strong SoCon. The other two OOC's take Jacks to a much weaker (rebuilding) Cal Poly, and to Gopher hunt. IMHO, either SIU or UNI will be tagged the favorite in the MoValley, and I suspect that the Jacks will lose 1 game to one of these two. IMHO, Jacks should go 9-2 or 8-3, and hopefully be a co-champ of the MVFC, and be play-off bound. I suspect that they will lose to Gophers at MN, and one in conference top team. Both FCS OOC's should be wins. Final ranking will be about 12th, as the newcomer on the block, they get shipped to MT, or a #2 CAA for a first round match-up.

Comment

High expectations? Yes. I expect we'll again have a playoff-caliber team. The defense is going to be really good. The offense will depend on how the QB position shakes out, along with a few younger guys on the offensive line.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Though the QB position is the biggest question mark coming into the season, the x-factor for the Jacks imo is how we stop the other teams QB. I thought we played pretty good on defense last year when the opposing team's QB was more of a drop back passer, but a QB with any sort of scrambling ability was a nightmare for us. I hope the coaching staff really emphasizes keeping body control and maintaining gap responsibilities to our pass rushers this off season.
        Last edited by Kemo; 04-10-2009, 04:13 PM.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Everything begins and ends with the quarterback position. If the quarterback is average, we will be average. If the quarterback shines, we will shine.

Comment

Working...
          X