Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU 31st in FCS attendance

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
    Our football attendance has come a long way in a short time. I am a2004 graduate and I remember when I was a student we usually got 10K for Hobo Day and it was not uncommon to get 3-4K for an NCC game even if the weather was nice. The last 3 seasons we have averaged very close to 10K. I think attendance will continue to increase. Fans will become more familiar with opponents. We really haven't had much continuity in our schedule since the jump to D-I. We haven't had a rich tradition. We are building one. Everyone on this board wants to beat up the football program, the athletic department, students, fans, etc. because post-Hobo Day crowds are small. They are improving and quite frankly they match our typical crowds in the NCC days. I expect next season to be a record setter. Only 1 game after Hobo Day, a rivalry game on Pheasant Opener (we need to be having a bye or road game that weekend), and a huge game late season (SIU). The numbers will continue to get better. It will be slow, but I expect in the next 5 years will be averaging 12-13K per game.
    With the Cereal and Beef Bowls, we have a lot of state wide support and this is what has helped to make it grow IMO, but I think winning games will also help. I think our staff needs to continue to look for ways to promote, plus if the product is good, then people will show up even without a promotion theme. This is how it should work btw, I happy with the move and the ways that we have stepped to make games bigger and bigger in the eyes of the fan.

Comment

Working...
    X