Signing Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Signing Day

Here's the video, in two parts. All the credit goes to the coaches. I just compressed it and uploaded to YouTube:

Part I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOacnypQJZ4&fmt=18

Part II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB44oYHEMOI&fmt=18
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

For me, the Play of the Video was Brian Witzmann, 30 yards down field, still locked up with the guy he engaged with at the line of scrimmage and still just driving him back. WOW that was something. Thanks JimmyJack
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Wow! Thank you JJ!!! What a Class! That big ugly from Wisconsin looks MEAN and Awesome! That last running back looks to be a beast! What a class! Lets see in 5 years how they turn out!
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Terry Vandrovec discusses SDSU's incoming class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y65SBQu6CDg&fmt=18

(High quality video not yet processed... it sometimes takes an hour or two for YouTube to get the higher quality version up there. If you don't mind fuzzy video in the meantime, take a look.)
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Here's the video, in two parts. All the credit goes to the coaches. I just compressed it and uploaded to YouTube:

Part I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOacnypQJZ4&fmt=18

Part II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB44oYHEMOI&fmt=18

Rep points coming to you JJ.....

Two things strike me from these videos.

- Speed. I know it's a cliche but I was really surprised with the speed across the board, but primarily from some of the lesser heralded recruits, especially at DE (primarily the kid from Calif.) and all the LBs. We're talking about separation speed in the open field. You expect it from WRs and DBs, but the two RBs outran DBs with angles. Is this the fastest recruit class ever at SDSU? Just asking.

- The linemen seem especially fond of pancakes. I am not talking the free Denny's kind either.

Three particular video moments, in order they impressed me:
            1. Take a look at Witzmann blocking a guy for literally 35 yards beyond the line of scrimmage while the back broke open on the other side of the field. That DE may still be backpedaling. For a minute I thought blocker and blockee were going to beat the RB into the endzone
            2. Walker Woods' amazing run out of a pileup.
            3. Open-field hits by Koehlmoos. This kid looks like he has the kind of swagger and fearlessness you want in a strong safety.
            Last edited by NoVaJack; 02-04-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Most impressed by Walker Woods and Eric Koehlmoos from the video.

Woods reminds me of a bigger version of Cory Koenig, which is a very good thing. Koehlmoos looks big and fast enough to play right away, and he's not afraid to make some contact.

Comment

Excellent comments and information on this thread. Great job on the highlight film JJ. The Tyler M and TV Time Out was particularly informative. Thanks to everyone for contributing comments.

Comment

Great stuff, one thing that stood out to me is how elusive they are.

Comment

more posts on womens bball today at sdsufans than "signing day"

wow, im ashamed my fellow D1 transition partners!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post

Well, you know how it is when you're nationally ranked in TWO sports.........

no, wait, I guess you wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post

SDSU fans are either in school or work when the athletes sign...

I believe most people, including myself were following it through the paper rather then on here. they had a chat room set up...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          SDSU fans are either in school or work when the athletes sign...

I believe most people, including myself were following it through the paper rather then on here. they had a chat room set up...
                          I second that, JoeBoo. The Fargo Forum should think about doing something like that next year - its time to step it up and get on our level. Who wants to sit around and send messages on here all day when you can get instant answers straight from the SDSU War Room! Terry and the other Argus guys did an unbelievable job keeping us up to date yesterday. I can't wait for next season!!!

As for the 2009 Recruit Highlights, its hard to ignore Malik Humphries speed around the edge...

Comment

A good quote from USD Coach Meierkort

"Every time I go out recruiting and I'm talking to a kid from this state about Division I football, I tell them the same thing: You should go to USD, but if you don't do that, you should go to SDSU," Meierkort said. "I'm happy if they decide to go red, but I'm happy if they go blue, too. We have to learn to keep our best football players at home."

Comment

Terry's article in today's Argus Leader.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...33/1002/sports

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                A good quote from USD Coach Meierkort

"Every time I go out recruiting and I'm talking to a kid from this state about Division I football, I tell them the same thing: You should go to USD, but if you don't do that, you should go to SDSU," Meierkort said. "I'm happy if they decide to go red, but I'm happy if they go blue, too. We have to learn to keep our best football players at home."
                                I have heard that Meierkort is a class act, this quote proves it to me.
                                My borther in-law was a grad asst with UW LaCrosse when they played USD a few years back, and he said that the USD fans were absolutely horrible, and after the game Meierkort came over and apologized to the LaCrosse coaching staff. Meierkort stated that the USD fans don't know how to act when they win, and he was trying to change that. I like what I hear about the guy, for USD's sake they should pray they keep him.

Comment

Working...
                                X