X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 09 and 2015

Originally posted by bison8xchamp View Post
    will the light rail go to it?
    Believe it or not, light rail does not serve the U of M campus, and is not part of the stadium plan. I think the closest station is at the Metrodump, then you would have to take the bus to campus.

Also beginning this fall, it's my understanding there will be no other Gopher sporting events on campus on football game days. Not only makes the return of football to campus THE event on Saturdays, but should also help with parking and the logistics of staffing.
    "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
      Believe it or not, light rail does not serve the U of M campus, and is not part of the stadium plan. I think the closest station is at the Metrodump, then you would have to take the bus to campus.

Also beginning this fall, it's my understanding there will be no other Gopher sporting events on campus on football game days. Not only makes the return of football to campus THE event on Saturdays, but should also help with parking and the logistics of staffing.
      That's kind of surprising the light rail doesn't go to campus, I figured it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Kind of small by big-time college standards but an attractive and cozy outdoor venue.
        I believe it is expandable to almost double what original capacity is.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The next phase of the light rail expansion will be connecting downtown Minneapolis to downtown St. Paul and it will go through the U of M campus. Obviously, that is still year's away but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later because parking and traffic on games days is going to be a mess.

As for stadium expansion, the planners and engineers were keeping the future in mind when they built it. The footings are already in place to put another deck on the stadium expanding it to approximately 80,000. I think the way it will work, is the third tier will be flush with the suites/pressbox level and just enclose the opposite side of the horseshoe at that same level. When it comes time to expand, it should be a relatively simple process because the groundwork has literally already been laid.

Comment

You mean when you had no business being at Nutty's and the SDSU alumni party?

I was just trying to GIVE your people tickets to you beloved womens championship game!!! guess you guy's aint as loyal as you talk it up on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I've seen the stadium too. Very nice. Kind of small by big-time college standards but an attractive and cozy outdoor venue.
              U of M's assistant AD and supervisor of the stadium construction said that they wanted the building to be smaller so that fan's would not be so reliant on "walk up" ticket purchases like they have in the past. Plus, I believe he said there was a plan to add additional seating when they felt the need for it.
              Last edited by Kemo; 05-05-2009, 10:27 AM.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

the stadium is GORGEOUS!!

i cant wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  U of M's assistant AD and supervisor of the stadium construction said that they wanted the building to be smaller so that fan's would not be so reliant on "walk up" ticket purchases like they have in the past. Plus, I believe he said there was a plan to add additional seating when they felt the need for it.
                  Wise philosophy. Hopefully the same will true at Frost very soon.

Comment

Looking at when the SDSU-U of M game is (November 14) and the fact that the Vikings host the Lions the next day at the Dome.... I'm think that weekend iss gonna be football Nirvana for me!

Guess I better start saving up for tickets!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      Looking at when the SDSU-U of M game is (November 14) and the fact that the Vikings host the Lions the next day at the Dome.... I'm think that weekend iss gonna be football Nirvana for me!

Guess I better start saving up for tickets!
                      You do realize you just used "football nirvana" and "(Detroit) Lions" in the same sentence, don't you?
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nirvana in that it'll be an easy win for my Vikings! SKOL VIKINGS!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

By that time of the season,Brett Favre will probably have injured something !

Comment

Does anybody know when these tickets will be made available?

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post
                              I believe July 13th at 8:00 AM from the gopher's site... if you want to make sure, call 612-624-8080 or 1-800-U-GOPHER. I could not find when SDSU was selling their allocated tickets, but you could also call them to find out at 1-866-GO-JACKS or 605-688-5422.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by kdybdahl View Post

im usually contacted by mail or email about away games. buy season tickets and you will too.

Comment

Working...
                                X