2009 Starters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Starters

My bad JimmyJack... I know what your saying but I also know what I saw after the game and I know what my friends on the team have told me.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      Danger you are missing something. Crawford sersiously injured his wrist during the NDSU game. Doctors are saying he might not be able to return, and if he does return, it may not be at full strength.
      Oh wow, I didn't know his injury was that bad. I just figured he'd get surgery and heal up and be good to go.

I am a fan of having a quarterback who has a good cranium on his shoulders over a guy who may have the amazing arm. I'd definitely rather have a guy with an average arm/speed who has above average smarts and field presence (I.E. Ryan Berry) over a guy that may be the athletic stud.

I hope Ryan can come back and lead a loaded team his senior year. He's earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        My bad JimmyJack... I know what your saying but I also know what I saw after the game and I know what my friends on the team have told me.
        Sorry, I'm just a little defensive about the student athletes since I have so many of them in my classes. I know you weren't saying anything bad about Blackman.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          With the QB position either going to be a redshirt freshman or a new too the program guy do you think we could see more 2 back sets... especially if Kool is as good as reported? I would think it would be a good way to work the QB into the system....
          I would think so. Depending who was calling those last year with Koenig and Minett. Those 2 back sets I thought were very effective. With that type of set up, there are several possible plays to have from just one set. Im surprised we didnt see any this year with Duffy, But I guess when you got a QB as good as Berry you dont wanna give up an extra reciever.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'll just repeat what Stig said when asked about the QB position. He was told that the odds that Ryan Crawford would be able to return to the form he as before the injury were about 20%. So, Coach Stig does not feel comfortable with our current depth at QB. His intention is to sign a JUCO or FCS transfer with experience at QB.

Coach Stig said that Crawford would start if he can return and be 100%. If Crawford cannot return at 100% the job will go to the best QB on the roster next fall.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              QB- O'Brien or a JuCo
              HB- 1.Minnett 2. Duffy 3. Paula/ T. Kool
              FB- Beyer/Sheehan
              TE- Cochart
              T-Orne
              G-Koskovich
              C-McKnight
              G-Bender
              T-Knipps
              WR-Fox
              WR-Montague/Gant/Mitchell/Rollin/Steffen/Hylland/Iverson/Shonka.... This is our deepest position

End-Battan
              DT- Fischer
              DT- Bazata
              End- Thompson/Steffan
              OLB-Rogers
              MLB- 1. C. Johnson 2. Dirk Kool
              OLB- 1.Domino 2. I. Jackson
              CB- Brodie
              CB- Parnell/Wise/Britt
              FS-Kjerstad
              SS- ??????- Big Weakness

And I think we are set at special teams. I would like to see Kyle be more consistent on his kickoffs.
              Duffy, Paula/Kool? you are forgetting that Monke is still on the team and will most likely be the second running back next year. That is the only reason Duffy saw the field. PAula got a chance against youngstown state and we never saw him after that, then they gave Duffy a chance and he did not mess up so there he was. Geisler, and Clare never got the chance they got during the season. Hopefully during spring ball we will see what Geisler, Clare, and Kool can do because I did not see enough of them last year during the spring game or season to know who can help.

Comment

If it helps any 2007 several of the defensive players this year told me that Tyrel killed them during scouts this year. But I do agree, right now its Minette, Monke, Duffy then the rest. Spring will straighten some things out and I would bet a few players get moved around either before or after.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

hey thanks I completely forgot about Monke! Its good to be a Jackrabbit!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jack2007 View Post
                    Duffy, Paula/Kool? you are forgetting that Monke is still on the team and will most likely be the second running back next year. That is the only reason Duffy saw the field. PAula got a chance against youngstown state and we never saw him after that, then they gave Duffy a chance and he did not mess up so there he was. Geisler, and Clare never got the chance they got during the season. Hopefully during spring ball we will see what Geisler, Clare, and Kool can do because I did not see enough of them last year during the spring game or season to know who can help.

Nice first post jack2007, welcome to the board. You may be correct about Monke being 2nd on the depth chart, but I have to respectfully disagree. I would expect Monke to be primarily a return man, and the remainder of the RB's to compete for second on the depth chart.

Speaking of Monke, does anybody have an update on his health?
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by jack2007 View Post
                      I'll say it again. We're loaded coming into next year. If we can get Crawford healthy or find a QB, we're going to be very good. Assuming we can find a SS, the defense will be awfully tough, and the offense is loaded with skilled players.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        I'll say it again. We're loaded coming into next year. If we can get Crawford healthy or find a QB, we're going to be very good. Assuming we can find a SS, the defense will be awfully tough, and the offense is loaded with skilled players.
                        I agree with you JJ. I just hope that we can find that homerun hitter that we had with Jaron. Montague? Gant? Fox is more of a possession receiver right? Hopefully someone can stretch the field for us. Of course though...these are all questions that will be answered with spring ball, etc.

Comment

Who woulda thunk five years ago that people would be speculating the FB starting lineups with basketball season just underway.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                            Who woulda thunk five years ago that people would be speculating the FB starting lineups with basketball season just underway.
                            No kidding! And the womens game thread was 17 pages while the men's was 5.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I have an ongoing argument with a group that sits together at games...still a basketball school or a football school? I think the above statements prove my point that, if not already, we're on the verge of becoming a football school. That's just fine by me. I'd like to see the men's b-ball team do better, but I'm a lot more excited about football...even in december.

Comment

I think we are a frontrunner school. Football is the flavor of the week but if Men's bball starts to turn around we'll see a shift again.
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X