DE - Danny Batten SR
    OLB - Jimmy Rogers SR
    MLB - Chris Johnson SR
    OLB - Derek Domino JR
    CB - Cole Brodie JR
    SS - Conrad Kjerstad JR
    FS - Anthony Wise SO
    CB - Generall Parnell JR
    Last edited by mitchell; 12-20-2008, 10:31 AM.

Re: 2009 Starters

QB- O'Brien or a JuCo
    HB- 1.Minnett 2. Duffy 3. Paula/ T. Kool
    FB- Beyer/Sheehan
    TE- Cochart
    T-Orne
    G-Koskovich
    C-McKnight
    G-Bender
    T-Knipps
    WR-Fox
    WR-Montague/Gant/Mitchell/Rollin/Steffen/Hylland/Iverson/Shonka.... This is our deepest position

End-Battan
    DT- Fischer
    DT- Bazata
    End- Thompson/Steffan
    OLB-Rogers
    MLB- 1. C. Johnson 2. Dirk Kool
    OLB- 1.Domino 2. I. Jackson
    CB- Brodie
    CB- Parnell/Wise/Britt
    FS-Kjerstad
    SS- ??????- Big Weakness

And I think we are set at special teams. I would like to see Kyle be more consistent on his kickoffs.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      WR - Glen Fox SR
      WR - Brandon Gant SO
      Don't forget WR Saunders Montague will be back.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        SS- ??????- Big Weakness

Jeske and Blackman?

Except for QB, we're loaded.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I have heard some rumblings about Blackman and Jeske is still unproven back there.

Comment

I have heard some rumblings about Blackman and Jeske is still unproven back there.
            I'm not a fan of "rumblings". Coaches have told me he needs to be tougher. Is that the "rumbling" you heard? Probably a good idea to be specific when you're discussing a player. My experience with Joseph is that he's a great kid, very smart and determined.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yes and that he had worked his way out of a job last year. After the NDSU game while the whole team was celebrating he was standing in the tunnel sulking because he didn't play.

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              I'm not a fan of "rumblings". Coaches have told me he needs to be tougher. Is that the "rumbling" you heard? Probably a good idea to be specific when you're discussing a player. My experience with Joseph is that he's a great kid, very smart and determined.

Comment

With the QB position either going to be a redshirt freshman or a new too the program guy do you think we could see more 2 back sets... especially if Kool is as good as reported? I would think it would be a good way to work the QB into the system....

Comment

The defense, especially, looks solid. The offense is deep, too, with the obvious exception of QB, the most important position of all. A transfer (or juco), plus recruiting the high school kid from Sisseton to redshirt would shore up that position nicely.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Am I missing something or is Ryan Crawford not the senior quarterback with all the experience? This O'Brien dude better be pretty sh*t hot to be given the starting spot by everyone, especially after Crawford managed the game to give us our first win in Fargo in over 40 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                      Am I missing something or is Ryan Crawford not the senior quarterback with all the experience? This O'Brien dude better be pretty sh*t hot to be given the starting spot by everyone, especially after Crawford managed the game to give us our first win in Fargo in over 40 years.

Danger you are missing something. Crawford sersiously injured his wrist during the NDSU game. Doctors are saying he might not be able to return, and if he does return, it may not be at full strength.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'd say give it to O'Brien unless 1 heck of a transfer comes in.... He ran the scout team all year, and he has a strong arm.... Plus we have some good RB's and some good possession receivers in Fox, Steffen, and Iverson.... guys who can get open for those 5-12 yard pass plays....

As far as Loetzer.... I doubt he is on top of the recruiting radar for SDSU especially after injuring his hand.... He is good but if he is 4th in line for a scholarship at NDSU its probably about the same for us.... Not trying to dock the kid for his numbers because they were good but I've seen some pretty bad QB's put up decent numbers in SDHS football... my guess is if we get him it will be on a walk-on bases atleast for the first year with the low number of scholarships available....

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                          At Yankton Quarterback Club a few weeks ago, Stig said he did not feel that O'Brien would be ready yet.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            I'd say give it to O'Brien unless 1 heck of a transfer comes in.... He ran the scout team all year, and he has a strong arm.... Plus we have some good RB's and some good possession receivers in Fox, Steffen, and Iverson.... guys who can get open for those 5-12 yard pass plays....

As far as Loetzer.... I doubt he is on top of the recruiting radar for SDSU especially after injuring his hand.... He is good but if he is 4th in line for a scholarship at NDSU its probably about the same for us.... Not trying to dock the kid for his numbers because they were good but I've seen some pretty bad QB's put up decent numbers in SDHS football... my guess is if we get him it will be on a walk-on bases atleast for the first year with the low number of scholarships available....
                            If Loetzer is good enough to have BCS schools calling him he's good enough for us as well. Like everyone else though, I'm waiting to see how his thumb turns out. He's having a good start to the bball season though. If he ends up at SDSU, it won't be as a walk-on.

Comment

Yes and that he had worked his way out of a job last year. After the NDSU game while the whole team was celebrating he was standing in the tunnel sulking because he didn't play.
                              The point is that when you cite "rumblings" about a player, it opens up all kinds of speculation. Is he a bad student? Is he in legal trouble? Etc. Better not to say anything than to leave that kind of question mark on this board about someone. People have been banned around here for rumor-mongering about student athletes. And you've done it again here by claiming something about a student athlete that we cannot confirm.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X