X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackJD
    replied
    Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

I'm unsticking this thread. It'll drop down the list due to non-use.

JackJD

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Did TV report how many 2010 recruits were in town for the UNI game?

Leave a comment:

• Jax
    replied

^^ 2nd one should be stickied..

Leave a comment:

• mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by Jax View Post
    Someone should make a 2010 class thread
    I made a 2010 recruiting thread but it keeps getting lost in the shuffle.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=8242

Here's a 2010 recruiting summary of the players that SDSU is interested in according to the recruiting sites.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=8605

Leave a comment:

• Jax
    replied

Someone should make a 2010 class thread

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I think he is a preferred walk-on. SDSU can invite up to 90 players before school is in session.
    Correct. DII rules allow for a lot more player at fall camp (not even sure if there is a limit). At the DI level you are only allowed 90 players at fall camp. If I am recalling correctly this is a pretty big adjustment for coaches.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
    Well then, Mason Winterboer must be on scholarship. Saw him practicing with the running backs yesterday afternoon.
    I think he is a preferred walk-on. SDSU can invite up to 90 players before school is in session.

Leave a comment:

• SidelineObserver
    replied

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
    I think that walk ons can't begin practice until school starts. Thus, they aren't listed on the roster.
    Well then, Mason Winterboer must be on scholarship. Saw him practicing with the running backs yesterday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• 76Rabbit
    replied

I think that walk ons can't begin practice until school starts. Thus, they aren't listed on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I was wondering about him also. I think he should be a good addition to the team. Are walks ons listed on the roster because I dont think I saw him on there or maybe I had over looked him. He was a heck of a passer in high school so im glad we have him to use where he and the coaches see fit. I hope we get Sumner also, he would be a nice QB to add the group we already have for the next few years.
    I believe since he wasn't a preferred walk-on or one that they announced, that he won't show up on the roster until he starts school....

same reason they haven't the updated baseball roster....

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I heard this weekend that Dustin Lotzer is walking-on this year. I'm not sure how old this news is, but it was new to me. Will he play QB or some other position?
    I was wondering about him also. I think he should be a good addition to the team. Are walks ons listed on the roster because I dont think I saw him on there or maybe I had over looked him. He was a heck of a passer in high school so im glad we have him to use where he and the coaches see fit. I hope we get Sumner also, he would be a nice QB to add the group we already have for the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    I heard this weekend that Dustin Lotzer is walking-on this year. I'm not sure how old this news is, but it was new to me. Will he play QB or some other position?
    I understood he was a walk-on for this first year from the beginning. I don't think they have plans for him at QB. He'll play some other position I just don't know what they have in mind or he has in mind.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
    Very good points. I know I saw a thread on one of these message boards about recruiting ND and SD and which school took more recruits from the other schools state and I think it was determined that maybe NDSU had the upper hand in recent years when going head to head with SDSU for a recruit in SD, but has this always been the case ? Seems to me that back in the good ol' NCC days, our roster was loaded with ND kids and we didn't really have to look in SD for players. Now being D1, boy have things changed. I agree with SDSU not having to recruit ND as hard as NDSU does recruiting in SD. Kinda crazy how few kids we're getting from ND nowadays. I guess we'll have to settle with keeping 3,4 or 5 D1 athletes every year from leaving the state and get them to NDSU and not to UND(unless they're a 300 pound beast that will start at Nebraska). I was happy to see a timely response to my post this early on a Sunday, and that you did'nt take it as smack, which certainly wasn't my intention. I know we're a bunch of green colored glasses wearing homers over on Bisonville, but we really love our Bison football and want to tell everyone about them .
    I started a thread in the smack section because I thought it would get there. I don't think it got real nasty. You can go look there.
    I wouldn't say NDSU wins "head to head for SD athletes". My math must have been wrong but SDSU has about 81 athletes from SD to only 14 for NDSU(In the 9 main sports).
    NDSU does have 14 athletes from SD while SDSU only has 2 from ND(Men's Basketball/Cross Country).
    But, There are either 94 or 95 athletes from SD while there are only 57 from ND.
    I think your point in the middle might sum it up. NDSU could live in DII with players from ND but now they have to spread out some and SD has a few more to choose from. SD isn't that far ahead but they have 62% of the athletes in those sports.
    The main gap is in the amount of Women compared to Men. There are only 40 Women athletes to 111 Men.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Congrats on getting another fine athlete out of the state of SD. I just wished there were more good athletes in ND that we wanted to recruit. UND and NDSU have always recruited well in SD even back in the NCC days. O'Gorman athletes seem more motivated to leave the state than some others.

I won't worry too much about it, and I don't think Coach Stig worries about it either. Let's see how the season plays out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X