2009 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

This latest signing appears to be a big in-state committment. Coupled with the Madison recruits on men's basketball and the in-state women recruits, this could be a real turning-point year for Jack Nation as far as homegrown talent.

Here's one perspective regarding the Nebraska 11th-hour walk-on appeal that they KNOW will result in this recruit going back on his word.

Would Stig do it to another program or to a kid he may not really know will get to fulfill a "dream?"

Never know for sure, but from what we perenially hear recruits say about Stig, seems very, very doubtful, doesn't it?

Part of that character our newest young recruit mentioned.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Neb. fb is every MWestern kid's dream, Big 12 is win-win-win, cutthroat, you do everything within the rules (and sometimes outside them, perhaps?) to win. But as long as this coaching regime is in Lincoln, will this recruiting episode be the first thing you think of any time "Nebraska football" comes to mind? It will be here.

Certainly, 18-year-olds sometimes make 18-year-olds' decision, and a kid just starting in life can't be faulted for following a dream. But what life lesson will taken by a young man that had made a committment to a program that, presumably, had dealt with him straight up? Think the rest of his life will provide other committment moments - on jobs, family, etc.?

Comment

Add another great in-state verbal for the Jacks... Kendall Ledbetter, a 315 pound noseguard who helped Washington reach the state Class 11AA finals this season, has verbally committed to SDSU. Sounds like a good addition to Alex Parker and Jake Weiss!!!!

Comment

Chase Douglas of Brandon Valley is a guy I wonder if the Jacks are recruiting as he is a big body. He isn't a bad basketball player either as he put up 35 against Mitchell in the Target Center and was a man among boys! http://www.ksfypigskinpreview.com/ptpersdouglas08.html
        http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...307/1002/rss02

A lot of South Dakota Football talent this year. Incidently Ledbetter has a teamate at Washington that is a sophmore and 6'8 280 (Derek Farniok) that we may want to keep an eye on. Hopefully we hear something on the two young men from O'Gorman soon.
        Last edited by JACKGUYII; 01-10-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Add another great in-state verbal for the Jacks... Kendall Ledbetter, a 315 pound noseguard who helped Washington reach the state Class 11AA finals this season, has verbally committed to SDSU. Sounds like a good addition to Alex Parker and Jake Weiss!!!!
          You have a link to an article or anything on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            You have a link to an article or anything on this?
            It was in this morning's Argus Leader. I subscribe to the e-edition, so I found it on C-3 in the "short sports items" they run every day. Doubt there was a separate story that you could see by going to the Argus web site.

Comment

Found this in the sports briefs today

"Kendall Ledbetter, a 315-pound noseguard who helped Washington reach the state Class 11AA finals this season, has verbally committed to SDSU."

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Chase Douglas of Brandon Valley is a guy I wonder if the Jacks are recruiting as he is a big body. He isn't a bad basketball player either as he put up 35 against Mitchell in the Target Center and was a man among boys! http://www.ksfypigskinpreview.com/ptpersdouglas08.html
                http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...307/1002/rss02

A lot of South Dakota Football talent this year. Incidently Ledbetter has a teamate at Washington that is a sophmore and 6'8 280 (Derek Farniok) that we may want to keep an eye on. Hopefully we hear something on the two young men from O'Gorman soon.
                Douglas and Farniok are studs for sure. Chase has been getting attention from Iowa and Minnesota. Getting either of these kids would be huge.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post
                  Found this in the sports briefs today

"Kendall Ledbetter, a 315-pound noseguard who helped Washington reach the state Class 11AA finals this season, has verbally committed to SDSU."

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/50411008
                  While I was at the basketball doubleheader last night I heard the coaching staff at SDSU knows nothing about this kid and weren't actively recruiting him. I'll put him on the committed list but will note it otherwise. We'll see come signing day if he's listed.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    While I was at the basketball doubleheader last night I heard the coaching staff at SDSU knows nothing about this kid and weren't actively recruiting him. I'll put him on the committed list but will note it otherwise. We'll see come signing day if he's listed.
                    This could prove to be a strange situation. I trust your info BTown and wonder what could have led to this.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      This could prove to be a strange situation. I trust your info BTown and wonder what could have led to this.
                      Is this one of those where he made up his recruitment, your see a few kids every year do it... heck one guy got on ESPN because of it.... or did he just say that I'm going to SDSU with or without a scholarship?

Comment

Looks like we now have an offer out to Cooper Wahlo Jr. He plays out of Woodbury HS and I remember Terry mentioning in one of his live game blogs he saw a Woodbury jacket. I'm guessing he was on campus this weekend. I've included a link to his Rivals.com profile on the list. Only us and NDSU have made him an offer to this point.

Comment

I made an attempt in a previous thread to bring this up and no one had anything to say. Now it looks official. Iowa QB Jake Christensen is transferring and considering FBS and FCS schools. We are looking at QBs. What do people think? Here is a link to the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3825230

Here is the thread where I brought it up previously as well, but maybe no one sees him as a fit for us since I got no bites at all. He did have a rough junior year and lost his job early this season, but he was highly touted coming out of HS and maybe we have some interest.

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=6838

Comment

Looks like someone took a trip to Nevada, a state we haven't recruited in the past. I've added two Nevada kids to the list along with their Rivals.com profile link.

I also included a link to Weiss' profile at Rivals.com.

Comment

BTown - Jake Knott on our list has committed to Iowa State. He is listed as "committed" on rivals.com. Just trying to help with the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                BTown - Jake Knott on our list has committed to Iowa State. He is listed as "committed" on rivals.com. Just trying to help with the updates.
                                Good call...had noticed that as well but I forgot to take him off our list. Thanks for keep me on my toes.

Comment

Working...
                                X