2009 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

Quarterbacks are generally some of the best athletes on their respective teams. That said, they are good bets to play other positions (db, receiver). It's good to have good athletes in camp.

Comment

Mondol has 2 years left.

Comment

Pretty high ranking for one of our recruits.
        http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank...2216&Year=2009

Comment

Which incoming freshmen does not get Redshirted (i.e. Cole Brodie and Michael Lien, Kyle Harris from the prior 2 classes)? Or do they all get redshirted?

My pick is Eric Koehlmoos.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Which incoming freshmen does not get Redshirted (i.e. Cole Brodie and Michael Lien, Kyle Harris from the prior 2 classes)? Or do they all get redshirted?

My pick is Eric Koehlmoos.
            I agree. I think Eric is one of the recruits that could play as a freshman. He has the FB head and body to be ready to play.

Comment

Did Lien ever play? Did he not redshirt this year? I hope we still have him for 4 years.

Likewise - I think we are deep enough at safety that Koehlmoos won't have to play. I am interested to see how Feller comes out of Spring Ball. Koehlmoos does sound like a stud though. To be honest, I like all the bios that we have coming in next year. Keeping my fingers crossed that all these young men live up to their words and sign.

Comment

I've seen Koehlmoos play live three for the past three years. He is definitely a stud, runs extremely hard and breaks a lot of tackles, but his niche at state is going to be safety, and I don't know if he has seen the type of passing in Nebraska that is going to prepare him to play right away or warrant his redshirt getting pulled. Its not worth losing a year to play special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jack43 View Post
                  I've seen Koehlmoos play live three for the past three years. He is definitely a stud, runs extremely hard and breaks a lot of tackles, but his niche at state is going to be safety, and I don't know if he has seen the type of passing in Nebraska that is going to prepare him to play right away or warrant his redshirt getting pulled. Its not worth losing a year to play special teams.
                  I think both Brodie and Lien played just special teams (with the occasional mop up work) their first year.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                    Did Lien ever play? Did he not redshirt this year? I hope we still have him for 4 years.
                    I think he played in nearly every game...mainly on special teams. Statistics say he totaled 13 tackles in 11 games.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      I know SDSU has more than 63 players but if that's all they had and 5 of them are QB's, that would seem like an overload to me. It's an important position but really deep for several years to come.
                      There are more than 90 players on the roster, including redshirts and walk-ons. Having five QBs - ideally a redshirt and one in each class - would not be out of line. That's probably pretty typical.

The QBs from Sisseton and Brandon Valley sound like they would be great additions for the next couple of classes.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Looks like we can take DE Ben Gardner off the list as he has committed to Stanford.

http://www.wissports.net/sports/foot...=113&id=991016

"The No. 19 overall prospect and No. 7 defensive lineman in the class of 2009, Gardner chose Stanford over scholarship offers from Montana, Northern Iowa, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota and South Dakota State. He also held a preferred walk-on invitation from the University of Wisconsin."

Comment

If you think back to 2003 the coaches actually brought in 4 Quarterbacks with Andy Kardoes (RSFR) and Brad Nelson (JR) on the roster. Reed Burkhardt, Andrew Hoogeveen, Clayton Wulf and "Steemin Willie Beamon" (can't remember his name - he transferred to SMSU then to UNO - Adrian something) all came in that year. Sometimes a QB isn't really a QB.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Article on the QBs from the Argus. Sounds like it will be Mondols to lose.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...901270329/1002

Comment

Could be off here as life has been hectic of late, but I think Walker Woods just got added to the list by TV in his blog.
                              Looks like a stud, with Scouts 63 grade....

Here is the Link:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest
                              “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                                Could be off here as life has been hectic of late, but I think Walker Woods just got added to the list by TV in his blog.
                                Looks like a stud, with Scouts 63 grade....

Here is the Link:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest
                                I think Walker Woods and Vince Benedetto are both new to the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X