2009 Recruiting Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009 Recruiting Class

That is unfortunate but not unexpected. Good luck to Stefan at St. Cloud, they got a good one.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

if u remember stefan's spring game of his freshman year he lead the team in rushing. then they made him switch to his unnatural position of linebacker and then switched back to running back and got put behind everyone on the depth chart. coaches didnt give the great athlete a chance to perform on the field this past fall. i think it is a mistake that the coaches didn't execute

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
        if u remember stefan's spring game of his freshman year he lead the team in rushing. then they made him switch to his unnatural position of linebacker and then switched back to running back and got put behind everyone on the depth chart. coaches didnt give the great athlete a chance to perform on the field this past fall. i think it is a mistake that the coaches didn't execute
        I've never understood it, but it seems like all not top BCS schools try to take great offensive players and try to make them play defense even though they have never done it...

Comment

explanation is quite simple actually....Big TE's move inside and get a 70 #.....mid majors and smaller recruit a lot of RB's & WR's....move some to defense.....this is because if a fast athletic kid is on defense he's recruited by the big boys....
          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
          Muhammad Ali

Comment

Anybody on campus this weekend get a chance to see who we had in for visits?

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
              Anybody on campus this weekend get a chance to see who we had in for visits?
              seen some really tall skinny kid walkin through the wellness center with a coach and his parents. this was on saturday so he must be on a visit

Comment

seen some really tall skinny kid walkin through the wellness center with a coach and his parents. this was on saturday so he must be on a visit
                This tall skinny kid must be very quick or he would not be roaming the halls of SDSU. I think that he turned down NDSU and USD for us says something good for him and our football program.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  I've never understood it, but it seems like all not top BCS schools try to take great offensive players and try to make them play defense even though they have never done it...

The reason they do that is because you want your more athletic players on defense. You'll see a lot of defensive linemen in college that try out as offensive linemen in the NFL. It's just easier because the quickness usually isn't there compared the the elite players. Also, factor in that they were deep at RB, they were probably trying him there in case one of the young linebackers got hurt or didn't play as well as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    This tall skinny kid must be very quick or he would not be roaming the halls of SDSU. I think that he turned down NDSU and USD for us says something good for him and our football program.
                    i take it u know who this was?

Comment

Looks like Will Powell will be going to USD.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...DATES/90119051

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post

Good get for the Coyotes.

Comment

i take it u know who this was?

No I have no idea, but from your description, I thought it might be the below guy.

Bryan Witzmann, an offen*sive lineman from Somerset, Wis., said Thursday that he has made a verbal commitment to play football for South Dakota State. The 6-foot-8, 255-pound senior was a first-team all-state pick by the Wisconsin Coaches Association, an honor that incorporates all classes. Witzmann said that he also had scholarship offers from Northern Iowa and the University of South Dakota. . . . (from today's Argus Leader).

Comment

Originally posted by sf_jackster View Post

Anyone know who else offered? Just curious.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Anyone know who else offered? Just curious.
                              I don't think SDSU or NDSU had offered..... from what I had heard, it was USD, maybe UND or walking on at Arizona State where I believe his dad played....

Comment

some other guys that were around this weekend...dont have too much info on them.
                                • Robert Barry- Ludemanns cousin. 6'7 225 TE
                                • Lee Mondol-QB Walked on at Michigan. Played a year of JC. 2 years of elig. left.
                                • Sam Brockshus- K long of 55 yards in high school. both parents came here.
                                • Ty Kildow- from Omaha. Went to Nebraska camp and ran a 4.39 40, soon after tore his acl. Full offer from UND.
                                • Dan Bedor- Bloomington MN. no other info.
                                • Justin Coleman
                                • a Volkmer kid...
                                • Benedetto kid....two brothers play for USF.
                                • Winterboer
                                • Burnett
                                The good lord put your eyes in the front of your head rather than the back so you can see where your going, not where ya been.- Dr. Holtz

Comment

Working...
                                X