X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Stig in Yankton Today.

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
    At least I was wearing Blue!!!
    Uh, yea, another well deserved slam. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
      Doc, can you pass on the stories....

Did you get the impression that the Dykhouse was going to go without these things all together or just until the new fiscal year?
      A bill will be introduced in the legislature to allow for additional private funding for the Dykehouse. The money is there. Passage of the supplemental authorization will allow the building to continue on schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
        A bill will be introduced in the legislature to allow for additional private funding for the Dykehouse. The money is there. Passage of the supplemental authorization will allow the building to continue on schedule.
        Nice.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

If I understand correctly, due to increased costs of materials, the bids came in higher than anticipated and the legislature had approved only so much private funding for the construction. If the bill you address passes, then the additional funds can be used to complete the project? This money is already pledged?

Comment

How stupid is that...a new bill has to be introduced and passed through the legislature to let non-state private money be spent to cover the increased construction costs, due to legislative and BOR delays, on a project that already needed and received legislative and BOR approval.

Talk about bogging down the process. If we ever do get to the point of building a whole new stadium, the process is going to be a nightmare.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

How stupid is that...a new bill has to be introduced and passed through the legislature to let non-state private money be spent to cover the increased construction costs, due to legislative and BOR delays, on a project that already needed and received legislative and BOR approval.

Talk about bogging down the process. If we ever do get to the point of building a whole new stadium, the process is going to be a nightmare.
              This process comes about since the State of South Dakota will have to appropriate the funds to maintain the facility after its built. Thats how they get their hammer over our heads and have a voice in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                This process comes about since the State of South Dakota will have to appropriate the funds to maintain the facility after its built. Thats how they get their hammer over our heads and have a voice in the matter.
                I see that point, somewhat anyway, but we already received that approval when the bill went through the first time....now it needs get that approval again because of the delays the process caused the first time through.

Comment

I see that point, somewhat anyway, but we already received that approval when the bill went through the first time....now it needs get that approval again because of the delays the process caused the first time through.
                  It's not like the scope of the project changed. I could see if they wanted to increase the square footage of the building, but all that was deleted was amenities. They shouldn't have to go back to the legislature to use private money to put carpet in the building. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    It's not like the scope of the project changed. I could see if they wanted to increase the square footage of the building, but all that was deleted was amenities. They shouldn't have to go back to the legislature to use private money to put carpet in the building. Just doesn't make sense to me.
                    Exactly...

Comment

The way it works is that all money's has to be approved by the legislature. The reason they go back is because other wise they could say we were doing the same thing and adding other things.... Its just how it works.... Its a pain but it isn't like its going to be held up.

Comment

The state constitution requires that the legislature approve all capital improvement projects such as new building by a 2/3 vote. The BOR submitted a bill with a 6 million dolloar authorization. Thus, they are required to come back for more authorization. That prevents the regents or other state agencies from sandbagging and getting approval for a smaller project and then building something much larger. Might be a tedious project but thats the way it has been for 100+ years and dont think the legislature will accept any other way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          You dont get approval from the legislature for square footage. You get approval for the dollars not to excede.

Comment

Part of the problem is that you get approval in January or February, but you can't spend the money until the fiscal year starts, July 1. In that interim, the cost of materials goes up.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Not really sure where to ask this, so I'm just going to throw it out there.. I read in TV's live chat that Ryan Crawford's injury may be career threatening? Is that true, or did I misunderstand? I thought he just had a broken wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                                Not really sure where to ask this, so I'm just going to throw it out there.. I read in TV's live chat that Ryan Crawford's injury may be career threatening? Is that true, or did I misunderstand? I thought he just had a broken wrist.
                                Read the first few posts in this thread. Should summarize it well. Bad deal for Ryan though.

Comment

Working...
                                X