Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polls

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    The Jacks aren't in either poll this week, which I find surprising. We are "26th" in the TSN poll. The coaches' poll appears, basically, invalid as we're "34th." That would be three spots lower than NDSU. So no need to put much stock in that bunch of voters who clearly need to pull their heads out. I assume it's the fifth loss that influences those votes, but I would think there would be some thought about our body of work and tough schedule. That, though, would take research. At least we finally moved past Western Illinois.
    You guys have been getting screwed in the polls are year but here's why your ranked low.

Seriously though....you haven't beaten anyone. What's the biggest win of the year?

You beat 2 unranked teams with winning records by 3 points combined. NDSU and Western Illinois were good wins but they were close games and neither team is ranked.

You played well against SIU and McNeese but you don't earn points by playing close games. (unless it's against a BCS team)

You got blown out by Cal Poly and Iowa State. You were beat decisively by Northern Iowa.

You won 5 games against Youngstown, Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, and Stephen F Austin but they had a combinded record of 15-43

You don't earn points by playing close games.

Your just slightly ahead of an unranked NDSU team and I think that is fair. You guys won a 1 point game. If it had been a blowout then you would have a case. NDSU didn't beat anyone either but we can say we have 1 win over a top 10 ranked team.

That being said, NDSU, SDSU, and Western Illinois would all be dangerous playoff teams because we play at a high level of competition.

The real test is next year. Not much separates the 2 teams. NDSU is losing 16 seniors, 13 of them are starters. SDSU is losing 13 seniors. Not sure how many are starters but losing the QB is a big deal. The pollsters won't have much info to go on but based on that info I would rank SDSU just a bit higher.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
      You guys have been getting screwed in the polls are year but here's why your ranked low.

Seriously though....you haven't beaten anyone. What's the biggest win of the year?

You beat 2 unranked teams with winning records by 3 points combined. NDSU and Western Illinois were good wins but they were close games and neither team is ranked.

You played well against SIU and McNeese but you don't earn points by playing close games. (unless it's against a BCS team)

You got blown out by Cal Poly and Iowa State. You were beat decisively by Northern Iowa.

You won 5 games against Youngstown, Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, and Stephen F Austin but they had a combinded record of 15-43

Your just slightly ahead of an unranked NDSU team and I think that is fair. You guys won a 1 point game. If it had been a blowout then you would have a case. NDSU didn't beat anyone either but we can say we have 1 win over a top 10 ranked team.

That being said, NDSU, SDSU, and Western Illinois would all be dangerous playoff teams because we play at a high level of competition.

The real test is next year. Not much separates the 2 teams. NDSU is losing 16 seniors, 13 of them are starters. SDSU is losing 13 seniors. Not sure how many are starters but losing the QB is a big deal. The pollsters won't have much info to go on but based on that info I would rank SDSU just a bit higher.
      I'd say that's a very good post and I don't disagree with any of it.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I'd say that's a very good post and I don't disagree with any of it.
        Stop the press! We agree!

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post

I can't disagree with this either. I think even if the Jacks went 8-4 we would have missed the play-offs. We would have had to beat both McNese and SIU to get in.
          Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I would not call the 14 Pt. loss to Cal Poly a blow out. Based on what the Jacks did to Poly in the previous two years, nobody but nobody on the Poly side thought this game was in hand until we took a knee.

Comment

Originally posted by Malibudude View Post
              I would not call the 14 Pt. loss to Cal Poly a blow out. Based on what the Jacks did to Poly in the previous two years, nobody but nobody on the Poly side thought this game was in hand until we took a knee.
              Having been there,I think you are being very gracious.It may not have been total domination,but there was no doubt who the better team was.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Having been there,I think you are being very gracious.It may not have been total domination,but there was no doubt who the better team was.
                Agreed, the team forgot to show up that evening along with about 4000 of our fans. That was the worst I have seen the Jackrabbits play in a long time.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                X