Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't try and pretend like your a victim.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't try and pretend like your a victim.

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
    Bisonville has 460 active members. (3,000+ total members) I've counted 5 who blamed the game on refs. Of those 5, 3 of them said SDSU was deserving of the win and the better team. 2 of them are chronic homers. I guess I don't know what else you want from the NDSU fans. I think we're being borderline too nice if you ask me!
    I count 29 individual posters just in the four threads I linked here who posted complaining about the refereeing, many of them posting multiple times. So this spin that it's a couple of isolated "homers" is just not true. It's pervasive enough that several of your regulars over there are telling people to cool it and give credit to the Jacks.

You want us to ignore this. But it's an ongoing thing. In the run-up to this year's game, we heard again from Bison fans who called last year a "fluke" or otherwise suggested that we didn't deserve to win. I've just had it with this meme that when NDSU wins it's destiny, and when we win it's some kind of fluke.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      I count 29 individual posters just in the four threads I linked here who posted complaining about the refereeing, many of them posting multiple times. So this spin that it's a couple of isolated "homers" is just not true. It's pervasive enough that several of your regulars over there are telling people to cool it and give credit to the Jacks.

You want us to ignore this. But it's an ongoing thing. In the run-up to this year's game, we heard again from Bison fans who called last year a "fluke" or otherwise suggested that we didn't deserve to win. I've just had it with this meme that when NDSU wins it's destiny, and when we win it's some kind of fluke.
      When NDSU beat Minnesota, their fans called it a fluke also. That is how it goes.

I think you are taking this a bit far. One thing I have learned from message boards is that it doesn't reflect how everyone feels. I haven't posted on Bisonville since the game, so should I be included in your assessment of what all Bison fans think? History will show that SDSU beat NDSU by a score of 25-24. The Jacks won the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I will admit that late hit call was terrible, but you are also correct in saying no one knows what would have happened had they not called it. We very well could have marched right down the field and scored without the late hit penalty. So this penalty may not have affected the game.

The helmet-to-helmet hit on Jaron was also questionable. Was it wrong? Depends who you ask. That official has to call things in real time, not by looking at slow motion replays. I will give them the benefit of the doubt on that call. Not to mention the announcers were also on the fence for that call. Also, they should have called unsportsmanlike conduct on the guy who swatted the ball out of Jaron's hands when he showed the catch. Honestly, that is was I thought the flag was for when I saw the ref throw it. So that penalty didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Another time an NDSU receiver made a great catch and stood up and started jawing at our DB. Isn't that taunting and a 15 yard penalty? I believe so...it wasn't called and probably should have been. Would this have prevented NDSU from scoring on that drive....know one knows. This penalty could have affected the game.

Was the officiating bad, it wasn't great by no means, but I DID NOT have an affect on the outcome of the game. There were questionable calls both ways which is part of the game. So people need to quit whining about it and give the JACKS credit for beating NDSU in Fargo. They earned it....hands down.

One more thing. I respect NDSU, but after many plays they seem to celebrate like they just won the damn Superbowl (Yet they didn't even with the Dakota Marker). This is totally classless. On the play where Berry got his bell rung the linebacked damn near took his head off with his knee when he got up. Totally uncalled for.
        Some great points here. I thought the Bison players were chippy all night with their taunts and celebrations. I know a lot of players at different levels do it and perhaps playing at home in front a boisterous crowd encourages it even more. I'm not saying the Jacks never do it, but I have seen Stig get in a players face when it has occured. I thought Roehl was a culprit which is ironic as he got shut down again by the Jacks defense!

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
          When NDSU beat Minnesota, their fans called it a fluke also. That is how it goes.

I think you are taking this a bit far. One thing I have learned from message boards is that it doesn't reflect how everyone feels. I haven't posted on Bisonville since the game, so should I be included in your assessment of what all Bison fans think? History will show that SDSU beat NDSU by a score of 25-24. The Jacks won the game.
          I would hardly put the Jacks beating the Bison in the same category as the Bison beating a Big 10 team.

Comment

If anyone has any reason to whine, it's Cal Poly today. Man they should have beat the Badgers on Saturday. How about we focus on our W and let the Bison focus on their L and we can move on from there to more meaningful discussions such as who is going to step in and fill the monster shoes left behind by Ryan Berry? (MVP of the conference in my opinion, by the way)
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

29 posters said the officiating sucked but only a few of those 29 said it was the reason we lost. Even if what you said was true, that would be a whopping 5% of all active posters.

When the title of the thead is "officiating", do you really think we're going to praise them?

People make emotional statements in the first few hours after a loss too so most of them have probably cooled down. I bet if you asked them a week from now they would feel differently.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Some great points here. I thought the Bison players were chippy all night with their taunts and celebrations. I know a lot of players at different levels do it and perhaps playing at home in front a boisterous crowd encourages it even more. I'm not saying the Jacks never do it, but I have seen Stig get in a players face when it has occured. I thought Roehl was a culprit which is ironic as he got shut down again by the Jacks defense!
                Dude. It's football. Not golf. Are you really offended that the players are fired up? Players are supposed to get emotional because it's a huge part of the game. Not only that, it's the last games of the seniors lives. I get pissed off when they are not fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  The helmet-to-helmet hit on Jaron was also questionable. Was it wrong? Depends who you ask. Also, they should have called unsportsmanlike conduct on the guy who swatted the ball out of Jaron's hands when he showed the catch. Honestly, that is was I thought the flag was for when I saw the ref throw it.
                  I thought the same on this play. I thought the flag was for unsportsmanlike as it should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    If anyone has any reason to whine, it's Cal Poly today. Man they should have beat the Badgers on Saturday. How about we focus on our W and let the Bison focus on their L and we can move on from there to more meaningful discussions such as who is going to step in and fill the monster shoes left behind by Ryan Berry? (MVP of the conference in my opinion, by the way)
                    Let's do it. Just remember, only a few fans think SDSU won because of the refs.

Since Jimmy Jack likes math, we should meet in the middle and say about 2.5% of Bisonville is blaming the game on the refs. Congrats and enjoy the win! You were not only the better team on Saturday, you were the better team all season.

Till Next year!!

Peace!

Comment

If your implying we're gullible enough to be influenced by some of the jack asses that post on Bisonvillle than your insulting my intelligence! Let's close this thread on a positive note! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
                        So don't try to play the role of the victim.

Take the win and run with it.
                        Kiss my ass. In fact, if I might speak for a few others, kiss our collective asses.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Kiss my ass. In fact, if I might speak for a few others, kiss our collective asses.
                          Yeah, that!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Would somebody send MD some rep points for me? I sent him some the other day.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Would somebody send MD some rep points for me? I sent him some the other day.
                              I wish I could do it for you JJ, but I sent him some the other day as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Wow. Your such an asshole that you can't even take a compliment. I hope like hell you don't speak for the rest of the Jack fans. Act like you've been there before.

Comment

Working...
                                X