Dakota Marker Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker Game

The athletic department could look into doing a reference style of promotion. Kind of like the way satellite has been promoting its business by having normal users getting their friends and family to sign up or in our case bring them to games.

Could do something like for every person you bring to game you get 5 dollars back on a season ticket or for every season ticket you sell you could get 20 dollars off your season ticket..... something like that. Maybe change the numbers around and give it a catchy name and they might go for it.

Past season price was 108/per person for the season. If I was trying to bring in people and revenue then giving 10-20 dollars back to a ticket holder if they could sell another $108 season ticket would seem appealing

Comment

Anybody have any good pictures of either the guys with the Dakota Marker and/or the scoreboard at the end of the game? My cameraphone pics turned out like crap.

Comment

From experience, go ahead and order season tickets for the East side too. I have sat on that side for years. Great view. Make sure there aren't tickets anywhere between the 30-30 yard lines.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Maybe, as we try and boost late-season attendance, we should give away a ticket for the last game of the year (for example) with every two Dakota Marker tickets purchased...something like that. I haven't looked at the dates or the schedule to see who we have rolling in late in the season, but you get the idea.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

As promised, frame grabs of some of the plays where the refs stole the game from the Bison:

1. A few NDSU fans have argued that Roehl was not down on a play where Kjerstad knocked his legs out from under him. Um... here we see his elbow is down. That was followed by his shoulder, his butt, and his knee. He got up and ran. But he was definitely down.

2. There was some talk that Minett wasn't in on the first two-pointer. Here you see him about to smack the football into the pylon. I'm not posting it, but a few frames later, you see the pylon laid down with the football sitting on top of it.

3. Last drive: Interference. Is there any part of the defender that is NOT in contact with JaRon Harris. That's the ball, five yards away in the upper left.

4. Helmet-to-helmet. Maybe the defender was trying to hit with his shoulder, but as you can see he ended up leading the contact with his helmet. In the frames before this one, you see Harris' head jerked towards the end zone by the helmet contact.

And of course the other defender committed an unsportsmanlike penalty on the play anyway by knocking the ball out of Harris' hand long after the whistle had blown and the flag for helmet-to-helmet had flown. Can't include it because of a four-image limit here, but you can click and see that here:

http://www.newsrant.org/unsportsmanlike.jpg
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Obviously those posts have been "photoshopped" or something because they saw it with their own eyes and those calls sucked!

Good stuff JimmyJack. Would give you more points but I can't!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Obviously those posts have been "photoshopped" or something because they saw it with their own eyes and those calls sucked!

Good stuff JimmyJack. Would give you more points but I can't!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                What is this "photoshop" of which you speak?

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Those screen grabs don't even address the makeup pass interference call the Bison got the series after the personal foul on the Berry hit out of bounds. It was a pass to the TE down the seam and the ball was way over his head. There was contact, after the ball had gone over his head (IMO), and the flag was thrown. As I watched it happen, I didn't even bat an eye at the call because it was an obvious make-up call. Those Bison fans who talked about the bogus late hit against Berry seem to forget the make-up call. The Refs evened the one true bad call out.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    Those screen grabs don't even address the makeup pass interference call the Bison got the series after the personal foul on the Berry hit out of bounds. It was a pass to the TE down the seam and the ball was way over his head. There was contact, after the ball had gone over his head (IMO), and the flag was thrown. As I watched it happen, I didn't even bat an eye at the call because it was an obvious make-up call. Those Bison fans who talked about the bogus late hit against Berry seem to forget the make-up call. The Refs evened the one true bad call out.
                    I don't know. I looked at that one, too because as I watched it, the ball seemed uncatchable. But when I looked closely, it struck me as being close enough that it was a judgment call. The ball was only about a foot out of the reach of the receiver, and Kjerstad probably was there an instant early. Here are the pix:

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                      I didn't think it was catchable either but its harder to tell that down on the field and Kjerstad was there a little early. I'll admit, I said bull**** when they threw the flag but it wasn't the worst call of the night for sure.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Good pics and analysis, JimmyJack

Comment

JJ are you going to post the pics over at Bisonville, I would love to see what those guys have to say about it.

Comment

I agree Mango. That would be classic.
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

If you do, give us a heads up so we can watch the witch melting as the water hits.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Done. See the meltdown here:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...7&postcount=48
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X