Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Illinois Game Thread

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    It's all hands on deck for SD High School football finals. It's a disappointing decision (Terry won't be at Missouri for the women's game, either) but newspaper editors have to make the decision they think is better for their readers. No doubt any of us would argue that a Missouri-SIU trip would be better, they have their own opinions about that. They have limited resources at the Argus (note that they recently urged Terry Woster into retirement) and tough times for newspapers.
    Blue will be there. It took little convincing to seal the fate of this trip. Although I wish I could see the soccer girls upset Colorado.

Comment

The boys are ready, they believe they will win. All you have to do is talk with any of them and you will know there mind set. Very proud of them. Coaching staff has been working harder than anyone would imagine. Looking forward to a hard fought game in Carbondale. D has to step it up, they are still not 100% healthly, but know this is as good as it is going to be. It will all be left on the field. This is the opportunity that every player that came to Brookings wants.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
        The boys are ready, they believe they will win. All you have to do is talk with any of them and you will know there mind set. Very proud of them. Coaching staff has been working harder than anyone would imagine. Looking forward to a hard fought game in Carbondale. D has to step it up, they are still not 100% healthly, but know this is as good as it is going to be. It will all be left on the field. This is the opportunity that every player that came to Brookings wants.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
        As fans we can't ask for more. Its the right kind of attitude that will get us a win in Carbondale.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros
          I hope his post is deleted by the moderators. I think its beyond personal. I just gave Jack B Nible rep points for another post, but regret that after reading the above.
          I agree, and if I could get the "scales of justice" to work on my iTouch, I also would have ringed JBN. Crossed the line with that one.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Have a good trip Bluehat. I enjoy reading your articles.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              It's all hands on deck for SD High School football finals. It's a disappointing decision (Terry won't be at Missouri for the women's game, either) but newspaper editors have to make the decision they think is better for their readers. No doubt any of us would argue that a Missouri-SIU trip would be better, they have their own opinions about that. They have limited resources at the Argus (note that they recently urged Terry Woster into retirement) and tough times for newspapers.
              I like the "better for their readers" part. I wonder if Spearfish played Huron if they would have made the same decision. I guess most of the people in the state live in SF but it seems like that's their main priority. Did they cover all 3 games yesterday or the 2 today the same way? I would think more people would follow the 11A and 11B games than the 11AA game. I know I have no say but just wanted to rant. I do understand the travel cost and stuff like that but with the playoffs in sight, it's tough to not have Terry there.

I think the key to the game is Berry. He seems to play much better at home and the turnovers will be key(like always). SDSU would have had a good chance against UNI without the turnovers. They almost lost to Stephen F Austin because of them. Berry has either played exceptional or mediocre. If he play exceptional SDSU can win their last 2 games and make the playoffs. I think 2 turnovers or less and SDSU has a good chance.

Comment

Jacks recipe to a victory:

25 rushes minimum
                +2 turnover battle
                2 or less sacks by them
                5 tackles for loss + sacks by SDSU
                75% or better TD conversion in the red zone

This is a very good, but beatable team. Their home field must be a beast of a place to play with 0 losses in the last two years, so a score and a stop by the Jacks right off the bat like last week would be huge to take the crowd out of it.

Comment

well, we're going to a place next week where we haven't won since before color TV. The "no losses in 2 seasons at home" doesn't seem so big of a deal compared to that. I like our chances in stopping both of those streaks, by the way.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Jacks will be playing without DT Brian Fischer this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                      Jacks will be playing without DT Brian Fischer this weekend
                      Reason? Source?

Comment

Southern Illinois is favored by 4 1/2. Anyone want any action?

Comment

Is there anywhere that we are going to be able to watch this game, or is radio the only option?

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                            Reason? Source?
                            my fist

Comment

From our Stats Class:

SDSU will out gain SIU 366-355 yards.

On the ground, SDSU-122, SIU-159 yards.
                              In the air, SDSU-244, SIU-196 yards.

Turnovers, SDSU-3, SIU-2.

Final Score: SDSU-28, SIU-30.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                Jacks recipe to a victory:

25 rushes minimum
                                +2 turnover battle
                                2 or less sacks by them
                                5 tackles for loss + sacks by SDSU
                                75% or better TD conversion in the red zone

This is a very good, but beatable team. Their home field must be a beast of a place to play with 0 losses in the last two years, so a score and a stop by the Jacks right off the bat like last week would be huge to take the crowd out of it.
                                Getting 7 in the redzone rather than 3 is always huge. It drives me nuts when we drive down and get held to a field goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X