• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Redbirds are coming to town

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
    The crowd might remind me of this game.

http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/sta...B/11sdsufb.htm

I went to this game and there was no one there and very cold.
    Thats one of the games I was referring too. There weren't 1800 people there and it was damn cold. UNC had one of the cheapest teams I've ever seen, I wanted the jump out of the stands and run onto the field and get my butt kicked by some huge UNC player.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's snowing here in Brookings.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I believe you mean the first Blizzard of 2008-09 is here. Brookings is now in a blizzard warning until tomorrow...Do I smell a snow day??

Comment

Nice to hear there's a blizzard. Weather should be nice here in Michigan, 45 and rain. I hope its a nice little SDSU blowout in the first half and not a nail biter in the second half. Taking the wife down to Detroit for her birthday Detroit Red Wings game. So I may miss part of the last quarter.

Comment

The first blizzard is here and the boys are out practicing till their hearts are content in. So says my wife who drove by the practice field at 4, when it was raining, and again at 5 when the snow had begun to fall.

I love it.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
              The crowd might remind me of this game.

http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/sta...B/11sdsufb.htm

I went to this game and there was no one there and very cold.
              ya i was at that game and i think we will see a repeat of that this weekend. I will be at the game this weekend as always! hope at least a hundred students show too.

Comment

Blizzard warning for eastern SD, including Brookings, through 12 pm Saturday. Ugh.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Starting to snow pretty good here in Sioux Falls now too.

Anyone know when the Redbirds were going to be traveling?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Starting to snow pretty good here in Sioux Falls now too.

Anyone know when the Redbirds were going to be traveling?
                    Good question, hope they can get here. I just finished loading the carharts into the van. Longjohns are in the bag and ready to go. SDSU beanie looks good. Could we see a postponed game? They can't cancel it can they? Some snow in Yankton now, too.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                      I agree with the attendence...wish there would be more. Wish there would be more for the senior football players, this is the first group of seniors that were recruited as D1 recruits. Most of the guys love playing in this type of weather...see you there

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Let me ask a foolish question? Why could we not have senior day earlier in the season? I know its the last home regular season game for the seniors on Saturday but you clearly run the risk of poor weather and poor attendance. Your still a senior early in the year when both the weather and attendance are likely to be better. Your could still recognize the seniors at the last home game of the season on a somewhat lesser stage. The seniors do deserve better. This is a great group of kids that made a commitment to a team in transition. Terry V wrote an article or made a comment that this year could be the first year that SDSU could have a 1000 yard rusher (Kyle), a 1000 yard receiver (JaRon) and a 3000 yard passer (Ryan). Two of those will be seniors and deserve to be solely noted in front of more fans than a potential 2500 this Saturday.

Go big, go blue, go Jacks

Comment

The blizzard warning boundary has been moved west to about Miller. It's kind of nasty in Brookings, but just a couple inches of snow have fallen. We're in a winter weather advisory now. Tomorrow won't be very nice, but at least it won't be blizzarding during the game.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

here is what I sent to our group of tailgaters lol...

Come enjoy the ambiance of Coughlin-Alumni Stadium on Saturday…

Gametime temps look to be in the Upper 20’s with a slight chance of white stuff…

That’s right sports fans come enjoy football in an outdoor atmosphere that even our “local” professional team cannot provide…
                          I am pretty sure the Yard work excuse used last weekend will not work…. and you have a whole winter to get work inside done around the house…

Tailgating starts at 9am, I plan on being out there sometime between 9 and 10… and I will bring the firepit…

The game starts at 1:00 vs. Illinois State

I'll be digging out the carharts tonight and will be dressed in camo tomorrow -- so you probably won't see me...
                          Last edited by Jackrabbit_Joe; 11-07-2008, 10:42 AM.
                          - Walk Now For Autism Speaks - Sioux Falls - June 9, 2012: My Personal Page

Comment

Going to be there tomorrow. High School daughter has an ESD Cheer competition in Btown tonight, so we are staying over. Can't believe my wife actually made a big pot of chili for the tailgating and is planning on going to the game. Heck, can't get her to go if there is a breeze. SDSU daughter all fired up for tailgating (that is what happens when dad brings the beer!!). Younger daughter taking a friend so she can can show her the school in hopes she will attend there also. See you there!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                              Going to be there tomorrow. High School daughter has an ESD Cheer competition in Btown tonight, so we are staying over. Can't believe my wife actually made a big pot of chili for the tailgating and is planning on going to the game. Heck, can't get her to go if there is a breeze. SDSU daughter all fired up for tailgating (that is what happens when dad brings the beer!!). Younger daughter taking a friend so she can can show her the school in hopes she will attend there also. See you there!!!!
                              ESD cheer competition, sounds exciting, I'm jealous of you...oh wait I'm covering it for the Brookings Register. If you see a college age student taking pictures and not looking to excited come down and say hi

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit_Joe View Post
                                [COLOR=#1f497d]Tailgating starts at 9am, I plan on being out there sometime between 9 and 10… and I will bring the firepit…
                                Did they let people in the lot at 9 am last week? If so, I'll move my plans up by an hour and be there by 9.

Saturday: Scattered flurries. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Blustery, with a north northwest wind between 20 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Going to be interesting to see if our "shelter" will hold up against that wind.

Comment

Working...
                                X