SDSU sponsoring this month at AGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU sponsoring this month at AGS

Stop by and visit the AGS board. Some of us, with rabid as our leader, our sponsoring the site this month. There is a link with info about SDSU and a lot of great discussion about FCS teams across the nation. Spending a little time at AGS will make you a lot more knowledgable about FCS football.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=51409

Now, why people keep ranking NDSU ahead of us baffles me. Its mostly propaganda because facts don't support any logical person ranking NDSU ahead of SDSU this year. We've beaten common opponents and lost to better teams. Its a joke, thats all I can say.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: SDSU sponsoring this month at AGS

I agree JackMD. Maybe its cause of their past reputation as a D2 power. They had more of a struggle with Indiana State than we did.

Comment

I can't really see why WIU or NDSU are ranked ahead of us. WIU has lost to us, UNI and an FBS (Arkansas). They have one less loss but have played one less game and played a DII while we were playing McNeese (who hasn't been the same since our game) and Poly. NDSU has lost to Younstown, WIU, UNI and and FBS (Wyoming) with their only win worth mentioning being SIU.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Stop by and visit the AGS board. Some of us, with rabid as our leader, our sponsoring the site this month. There is a link with info about SDSU and a lot of great discussion about FCS teams across the nation. Spending a little time at AGS will make you a lot more knowledgable about FCS football.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=51409

Now, why people keep ranking NDSU ahead of us baffles me. Its mostly propaganda because facts don't support any logical person ranking NDSU ahead of SDSU this year. We've beaten common opponents and lost to better teams. Its a joke, thats all I can say.
        Thanks MD for starting this thread. This will be an exciting month for Jacks football, and the Rabbit fans get to share 30 facts, one set each day about SDSU, SDSU football, and great Rabbits.

Mod66 is in charge of posting the fact a day at AGS, and is thrilled to receive member information.

11/3 should be information about Coughlin Alumni Stadium. I plan to feed Mod66 information for the whole month, and now have an email to send him information. PM me if would like to send in information about our "College on the Hill" to AGS, and I'll share his address.

Comment

The month is a 1/3 gone, and I am delighting in sharing SDSU trivia, and information. Today's fact will recognize our military connection of the West Point of the Prairie.

Here's my rough outline for facts to share.

11/4 - Historical FCS/1-AA rankings for the Rabbits
          11/5 - Team Roster of 2008 Rabbits Football
          11/6 - Jacks in the NFL/CFL
          11/7 - Seniors listing,
          11/8 - Senior stars, awards/records closing in on.
          11/9 - Other Sports at SDSU, how did in 2008 fall sports, and 2007-2008 results.
          11/10 -List of Famous SDSU Alumni (non-sports)
          11/11 -Military Famous SDSU people
          11/12 - List of Prior records (who Jacks played over the years) Highlighting big 4 that we'll see in FCS (NDSU, USD, UND, UNI)
          11/13 - Voices of the Jacks (Aberdeen paper article)
          11/14 - Superstars of Jacks football (Pete Retlaff)
          11/15 - Campanile
          11/16 - SIU game write up (especially if a win)
          11/17 - Hawaii football game/Wisconsin win.
          11/18 - Dakota Marker/NDSU Rivalry facts.
          11/19 - Cookies and Cream Ice Cream and other unique SDSU creations.
          11/20 - Jacks Football in D-I, tough games in transition.
          11/21 - Dakota Marker highlights from 2004-2007.
          11/22 - SDSU play-off potential if win at NDSU
          11/23 - Womens BBal at SDSU
          11/24 - (Depends on play-off picks)
          11/25 - Why Jackrabbits?
          11/26 - Hobo Day - Biggest one day celebration in SD
          11/27 - Pride of the Dakotas Marching Band
          11/28 - Daktronics
          11/29 - Briggs/Stratton
          11/30 - IBM360

Please feel free to share stories and notes that should be posted at a fact a day.

Comment

I see this could come under several threads (Superstars w/Pete Retzlaff being one of them) but I'm sure you will be including Jim Langer, SDSU's Pro Football Hall of Fame member and member of the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              I see this could come under several threads (Superstars w/Pete Retzlaff being one of them) but I'm sure you will be including Jim Langer, SDSU's Pro Football Hall of Fame member and member of the undefeated 1972 Miami Dolphins team.
              May do a short blurb on all Jacks NFL & CFL stars, or split to a Today (>1990) and a Yesterday (<1990) write up. I know that Pete Retzlaff and Jim Langer are our two biggest stars of yesteryear.

Comment

HURRY/HURRY - This morning is your last chance to read all the SDSU facts of the Day that have been posted. Many of the articles were posted as stories here, and hopefully, a couple may leave you with "Gee, I didn't know that about State".

Thanks again to all those that contributed to make November 08 at great month to be a rabbit at AnyGivenSaturday.com

Comment

Rabid, Thanks for posting all of the info. I enjoyed reading it throughout the month. Rep points for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X