Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watch Parties for SDSU FOOTBALL games

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
    Will any sdsu fans be in vegas for game!?

I got it narrowed down to a few sports books.. Working on it!

I will post here.
    Thanks Lakes! Can't believe you're in Vegas instead of FargoDome for the game.

In ATL, Both the SDSU & NDSU alumni are gathering at www.famouspubsports.com

and cheering on these teams for our 95th game, and 5th of the Dakota Marker games.

Will this be the first year when the visitors bring home the Marker? Break the extended winning span vs Bison in Fargo?

Sure hoping the Rabbits can pull this out in the Dome.

But any way you slice it, it will be A WHALE OF A GAME!

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
      A couple of comments/questions on this weekend's telecast.

If it is on KSFY will we not get the Texas Tech/Oklahoma game? Will that piss not Jacks fans off more or will they tune in?

Does anyone know of any gatherings in Pierre to watch the game? I may be in town Sat. night if I get my deer Friday or Saturday and would like to join other Jacks fans if possible.
      As both a Jacks and OU fan I must say that I would be a little annoyed if I was unable to see the OU/TT game.......but as JackMD said, living in Yankton, we should be able to get both at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
        A couple of comments/questions on this weekend's telecast.

If it is on KSFY will we not get the Texas Tech/Oklahoma game? Will that piss not Jacks fans off more or will they tune in?

Does anyone know of any gatherings in Pierre to watch the game? I may be in town Sat. night if I get my deer Friday or Saturday and would like to join other Jacks fans if possible.
        In Pierre I'm guessing if you go to Jake's on the bypass they will put it on if they don't have it on already. Try the Double Play or the Longbranch as well. Best bet being Jakes cuz I know for sure they have TVs, unless they remodeled recently, but not sure about the other two. I don't think there's any other really sports bar type places

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          In Pierre I'm guessing if you go to Jake's on the bypass they will put it on if they don't have it on already. Try the Double Play or the Longbranch as well. Best bet being Jakes cuz I know for sure they have TVs, unless they remodeled recently, but not sure about the other two. I don't think there's any other really sports bar type places
          That's what I was thinking (Jake's). I was there the last time I was in Pierre. I was wondering if I was going to be the only one there that wanted to watch this particular game though.

Aside: It worked out that I will be in SF for an early Thanksgiving at the in-laws. Told the mother-in-law where I would be going at gametime (downstairs to watch the game) and told the wife to plan on spending a long night at her parents cause I wasn't leaving until it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
            Thanks Lakes! Can't believe you're in Vegas instead of FargoDome for the game.

In ATL, Both the SDSU & NDSU alumni are gathering at www.famouspubsports.com

and cheering on these teams for our 95th game, and 5th of the Dakota Marker games.

Will this be the first year when the visitors bring home the Marker? Break the extended winning span vs Bison in Fargo?

Sure hoping the Rabbits can pull this out in the Dome.

But any way you slice it, it will be A WHALE OF A GAME!
            For those near ATL, come on out!!!! Jackrabbit Brats from SDSU Meat Lab are on their way here, and will be available to purchase at the www.famouspubsports.com bar, along with Bison burgers, if want to chomp on Bison before/during/after the game.

Comment

The brats were made the day they were shipped out! Enjoy Rabid! Let me know what you think!
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                The brats were made the day they were shipped out! Enjoy Rabid! Let me know what you think!
                Thanks WestSide! Your Cohort mentioned that you'd been seeing this party on this site, now I know the handle!!!

Looking forward to the Brats. Told a coworker that we're having Jackrabbit Brats, and he started laughing, but will probably stop in for a Brat, and game.

Comment

I'm confused. Are the brats literally made out of Jackrabbit or are they just called Jackrabbit Brats because they are made at SDSU?

Just asking because I've heard that Jackrabbit isn't very tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    I'm confused. Are the brats literally made out of Jackrabbit or are they just called Jackrabbit Brats because they are made at SDSU?

Just asking because I've heard that Jackrabbit isn't very tasty.
                    They're not ye olde Hosenpfeffer! No rabbits were harmed to make these Brats.

Yes, they are Jackrabbit Brats, they are blue (blueberries) and yellow (cheddar cheese) in pork brats.

Comment

I got this notice from the SDSU Alumni Association:

Support the Jacks as they defend the Dakota Marker!

It's the LAST football game of the season! Find your Jackrabbit gear and join fellow alumni and fans at Sports Rock Pizza on November 22 to watch SDSU at NDSU on the big screen! Kick off is 5:00 pm (Mountain Time). Food and drinks are on your own.

November 22, 2008
                      Sports Rock Pizza
                      321 7th St.
                      Rapid City, SD 57701
                      605-338-3232
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Good crowd of Bison/Jacks fans in ATL for the game. About 25 total.

Webcast was great, Jackrabbit Brats were a hit (Thanx Westside & Crew at the Meat lab)

Bison Burgers - Not so good.

GREAT DAY TO BE A RABBIT!

Comment

Glad to hear you enjoyed them!
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                          X