Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cal Poly is coming to town......

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I hope people will come to the game, though. Cal Poly is one of my favorite opponents to watch. The Mustangs have great players, particularly on offense.
    QFA. I love the Cal Poly games.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The bye week has to come at a great time for the Jacks. It should allow them to heal up a bunch and prepare for the scheme that Cal-Poly brings to town.

Anyone have any insight as to how some of our banged up players are progressing.

You sure have to like our chanced in this game with having two weeks to prepare and being battle tested with close games every week.

SHOOT THE BIRDS EARLY AND GET YOUR BUT TO COUGHLIN ALUMNI!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

You folks better plan on scoring 41 to beat us. Our offense is clicking on all cylinders. Our defense is holding their own. All our energy is to have a big win streak going into Wisconsin on the 22nd of November, and knocking off one of the Big 10. So get your offense in gear.

Comment

Originally posted by CalPolyFBCrazy View Post
          You folks better plan on scoring 41 to beat us. Our offense is clicking on all cylinders. Our defense is holding their own. All our energy is to have a big win streak going into Wisconsin on the 22nd of November, and knocking off one of the Big 10. So get your offense in gear.
          I think our offense is in gear, we've put up 40+ three times this year. Our D will be ready, it will be a battle

Comment

Originally posted by CalPolyFBCrazy View Post
            I hope you guys look right past us. When is the last time Cal-Poly won in Brookings? Not to burst your bubble, Wisconsin isn't thinking too hard about their game with you.

I look forward to bringing SOME Cal-Poly fans back to earth. You lost to Montana at home and then had 2 easy wins over clearly inferior opponents. I'm looking forward to the opportunity for our guys to knock off a top 5 team.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.

If that ain't perfect fall tailgating/football weather I don't know what is.

Can't wait till Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I hope you guys look right past us. When is the last time Cal-Poly won in Brookings? Not to burst your bubble, Wisconsin isn't thinking too hard about their game with you.

I look forward to bringing SOME Cal-Poly fans back to earth. You lost to Montana at home and then had 2 easy wins over clearly inferior opponents. I'm looking forward to the opportunity for our guys to knock off a top 5 team.
                I have a feeling that CalPolyFBCrazy is just trying to stir things up. There is not one person associated with the football team looking past the Jacks and Wisconsin is just a State that cheese and beer come from to them until November 22nd. The Cal Poly football team knows that if they want to go to the playoffs this is a must win game and all of their focus is on the Jacks.

One thing I like is that last year the Jacks had an extra week to prepare for the Mustangs and the Mustangs were coming off a huge road win over our biggest football rival (UC Davis). This year we also have an extra week to prepare for the Jacks. It should be a great game.

Also I do not know how inferior USD is. They did very well against a ranked Northern Iowa team keeping it close in a 24-13 loss. They actually put 415 yards on the Panthers compared to UNI's 324 yards of offense.

The answer to your question to "when was the last time Cal Poly has won in Brooking?", is 2005. Cal Poly is 1-1 in Brookings and 1-1 against the Jacks in San Luis Obispo. That is what makes this game so great.

Comment

Just so everyone is on the same page here, USD is extremely inferior...

I've had the pleasure of playing against Kyle Shotwell, Jordan Beck, and Chris Gocong - all former Mustang LB's that are now in the NFL... Who is Poly's stud linebacker this year??

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
                    Also I do not know how inferior USD is. They did very well against a ranked Northern Iowa team keeping it close in a 24-13 loss. They actually put 415 yards on the Panthers compared to UNI's 324 yards of offense.

The answer to your question to "when was the last time Cal Poly has won in Brooking?", is 2005. Cal Poly is 1-1 in Brookings and 1-1 against the Jacks in San Luis Obispo. That is what makes this game so great.
                    Don't get us started on how inferior the school south of us is. You can go to the Smack section and get a good feel of our opinions on that one.

I remember that game in '05. Wasn't it something like 24-16? I remember being very frustrated with kicking a lot of field goals...and not the 40+ yard types.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                      Just so everyone is on the same page here, USD is extremely inferior...

I've had the pleasure of playing against Kyle Shotwell, Jordan Beck, and Chris Gocong - all former Mustang LB's that are now in the NFL... Who is Poly's stud linebacker this year??
                      Mark Restelli is a four year starter at Rover and the leader of the defense. Marty Mohamed recorded 70 tackles last year as a freshman and is a up and comer. Cal Poly pulled the red shirt on LB Quentin Greenlaw against USD. He had three or four FBS offers but came to Cal Poly to study engineering. He ran on one of the top a California high school 4x100 relay teams last year and can fly. He is most likely the next great Cal Poly LB.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        Don't get us started on how inferior the school south of us is. You can go to the Smack section and get a good feel of our opinions on that one.

I remember that game in '05. Wasn't it something like 24-16? I remember being very frustrated with kicking a lot of field goals...and not the 40+ yard types.
                        I did not say they were not inferior to SDSU, just that they are not an inferior team. I think that SDSU is one of the top teams in the FCS.

Comment

I did not say they were not inferior to SDSU, just that they are not an inferior team. I think that SDSU is one of the top teams in the FCS.
                          Thanks for making my lazy butt aware of that Cal-Poly win in Brookings. I honestly didn't know if Poly had won a game up here in South Dakota or not. I was trying to return the favor for Crazy and pretty much blew it. That's why I stay of the smack board for the most part.

I believe we should be considered a favorite or no worse than a "pick em" on our home field. I do believe we are close to the top tier in the FCS but in order to definitely be there we have to win big games at home. We've done that for the most part but blowing that game against McNeese makes me even more sure that we need to win the game Saturday. Now, if we lose and still win the MVFC and make the playoffs its obvious that its not as big a game. Not knowing what the rest of the season will bring, I'm considering this as close to a "must win" as the 7th game of the year can be. Looking forward to it. I have plenty of respect for both Cal-Poly and UC Davis (I hope I said that right),
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You know most everyone, including me, think this will be a high scoring game. That means we are probably looking at a 10-7 game.

I think both teams have very good offenses with the edge going to Cal Poly. I think the Jacks have the edge on defense. The Jacks have a great D-line and play very physical football.

Comment

You know most everyone, including me, think this will be a high scoring game. That means we are probably looking at a 10-7 game.

I think both teams have very good offenses with the edge going to Cal Poly. I think the Jacks have the edge on defense. The Jacks have a great D-line and play very physical football.
                              I would like a SDSU win, but if it happens, it will be definitely be earned win. I too hope we can keep this series going. I much rather have McNeese, aka McTailgaters by some other Southland fans on Any Given Saturday, and Cal Poly on our schedule then a game with USD. Progams can change over a few years, but right now Cal Poly and McNeese are quality non conference opponents. I hope all of our D will be healthy and will give it their best effort. Go luck to the Mustangs.

Comment

Looking forward to the Mustangs coming to town. They are a classy program with good players, fans and coaches. I hope we continue to schedule them. Hopefully most of our injuries are healed and we will finally be a full strength again.

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                                http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Working...
                                X