Bracket Projections have begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bracket Projections have begun

Someone mentioned the possibility of winning the MV and being left out of the playoffs. Isn't that impossible? I thought we had an autobid?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
      Someone mentioned the possibility of winning the MV and being left out of the playoffs. Isn't that impossible? I thought we had an autobid?
      The MVFC has an autobid. The conference champ is in the playoffs. FCS has 8 autos and 8 at-large births. I don't know the tiebreakers but I assume head-to-head is the first one so we could tie and "win" the conference by matching UNI with 1 loss and not get the autobid by virtue of their victory over us.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If Jacks go 7-1 in MVFC, and 8-4 overall, I think we still get in. Likewise, if Jacks go 6-2, and 8-4, IMHO, Jacks in. At this time, nobody except UNH has a chance to go undefeated, and have at least 10 games of D-I wins. Liberty, even if they go undefeated, will have only 9 D-I wins.

Therefore, 9 D-I wins will, in general be the maximum ANY TEAM in FCS will have to work with. Jacks win out, they are part of the top tier. They will be in without a doubt.

Today, we'll learn three things in the MVFC, 1) Is IL St at threat (IMHO Redbirds will get dismantled at UNI) 2)Which is a better team, WIU/NDSU, 3) Was the YSU win over NDSU a fluke?

IMHO Jacks will be a three way co-champ of the MVFC at 6-2. UNI will be one of the other co-champions. The question is will WIU/SIU/NDSU be the third. This means that Jacks need to win in either Carbondale or Fargo though. If Jacks fall to 5-3, 7-5, SDSU will be watching from the sidelines come play-offs. THE DAKOTA MARKER GAME WILL BE FOR A PORTION OF THE MOVALLEY TITLE AND A PLAY-OFF SPOT. WINNER GETS BOTH!

TIME TO BREAK THAT 43 YEAR FARGO LOSING STREAK!

Comment

Yeah, at 7-5 there is no reason to even hope for a playoff birth. With four losses, we might have to hold our breath...but it seems likely. We need to take care of business the rest of the way. We have some tough home games yet, so we need to worry about those before looking ahead to NDSU.

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          If Jacks go 7-1 in MVFC, and 8-4 overall, I think we still get in. Likewise, if Jacks go 6-2, and 8-4, IMHO, Jacks in. At this time, nobody except UNH has a chance to go undefeated, and have at least 10 games of D-I wins. Liberty, even if they go undefeated, will have only 9 D-I wins.

Therefore, 9 D-I wins will, in general be the maximum ANY TEAM in FCS will have to work with. Jacks win out, they are part of the top tier. They will be in without a doubt.

Today, we'll learn three things in the MVFC, 1) Is IL St at threat (IMHO Redbirds will get dismantled at UNI) 2)Which is a better team, WIU/NDSU, 3) Was the YSU win over NDSU a fluke?

IMHO Jacks will be a three way co-champ of the MVFC at 6-2. UNI will be one of the other co-champions. The question is will WIU/SIU/NDSU be the third. This means that Jacks need to win in either Carbondale or Fargo though. If Jacks fall to 5-3, 7-5, SDSU will be watching from the sidelines come play-offs. THE DAKOTA MARKER GAME WILL BE FOR A PORTION OF THE MOVALLEY TITLE AND A PLAY-OFF SPOT. WINNER GETS BOTH!

TIME TO BREAK THAT 43 YEAR FARGO LOSING STREAK!
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I agree. I know Indiana State isn't that great, but Missouri State and Illinois State shouldn't be overlooked. I think we're counting on these as wins, but they won't be gimmies...that much I know.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
              I agree. I know Indiana State isn't that great, but Missouri State and Illinois State shouldn't be overlooked. I think we're counting on these as wins, but they won't be gimmies...that much I know.
              Having both of them at CAS later in the year helps our chances. We don't lose many games at home late in October or in November. If we had to go on the road I'd have more concern. That doesn't mean we just have to show up. I almost prefer the fact they we are on the road against the tougher teams.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I see McNeese lost yesterday. That's not going to help our power ranking.

Comment

There are 50 teams that are above .500 right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X