Stephen F. Austin Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stephen F. Austin Game Thread

I made a late decision to go to the game...and consider it one of the most unbelieveable I have ever witnessed.

We played so bad in the first half...couldn't get anything going. And when we fumbled the kickoff at the start of the second half, it looked like our misery would be complete. And THEN...the defensive got huge (we finally started putting the bullrush on the quarerback) and the offense went to work. The 28 straight points scored in about ten minutes by the offense was just unreal.

And then from ecstacy when we kicked the field goal to go ahead 44-41, to total deflation when they scored with a huge pass to go up 48-44, back to elation when we drove 51 yards in just 47 seconds...I repeat UNBELIEVABLE!!!! From where our fan section was, as Berry and Minett swept right, it looked like Kyle might be short...but he carried two defenders across the goal line with him!!!! TOTAL ELATION...the greatest Jackrabbit comeback I've ever witnessed!

Comment

Wow. Crazy to listen to it on the radio. Happy with the win, but...wow...it shouldn't have been so tough. We are still very, VERY suspect when it comes to defending the short and medium pass. Defensive injuries or not, that is a weakness. And, frankly, not being ready for it this week was poor coaching. It's not something we should have had to make a halftime adjustment for. It's something we should have known was coming. And, maybe to a lesser extent, Ryan cannot continue to make crucial turnovers. The game was thrilling...at least the end...but we cannot do that week to week. How inconsistent we are is concerning. It needs to change and change soon.
      Last edited by JackFan96; 09-28-2008, 12:48 PM.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        Wow. Crazy to listen to it on the radio. Happy with the win, but...wow...it shouldn't have been so tough. We are still very, VERY suspect when it comes to defending the short and medium pass. Defensive injuries or not, that is a weakness. And, frankly, not being ready for it this week was poor coaching. It's not something we should have had to make a halftime adjustment for. It's something we should have known was coming. And, maybe to a lesser extent, Ryan cannot continue to make crucial turnovers. The game was thrilling...at least the end...but we cannot do that week to week. How inconsistent we are is concerning. It needs to change and change soon.
        I'm not sure you can draw any bit conclusions from the game. SFA plays the Texas Tech offense which can make anybody look bad against the pass. The huge splits between the offensive linemen mean you don't get your normal pass rush. They often throw with one-step drops since the pass is their running game. We were victimized a bit in the second half against WIU. UNI didn't really dominate us with their passing game. I'm not saying we're a great pass defense team. I'm saying it's hard to tell when you just played against a gimmick offense.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

All season we've struggled to defend the short/mid passing game. But THE BIG QUESTION...to anybody who watched or went to the game:

What was the story with one official always moving the ball back a yard after it was set? This is when the Jacks had the ball. At least according to Steve and Jerry on WNAX. It was happening so often they were laughing about it.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Watching the video feed with no sound I shut it off when SFA scored their last touchdown. I figured there was only a few seconds left and that was it... wow I can't belive I missed that. The audio isn't up on gojacks.com on demand yet but I can't wait for it. WAY TO GO JACKS!!!!!

Comment

Is there a video of the game winning td? I was out out wnax zone and missed the whole stinking thing. Caught the score just as the game ended and then came here asap and read in amazement.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                Just an observation...but when you take Schroeder and Fischer out of the D-line (we gave the SFA QB huge amounts of time to throw) and then pull Campbell and Kjerstad out of the secondary...I can tell you that the difference is...a lot. The DB replacements in particular are a considerable step down in abilities IMO. Let's just all say a prayer that those four will be back in the McNeese game!!

Comment

Working...
                X