Stephen F. Austin Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stephen F. Austin Game Thread

Has to be a record of some kind? 30 points in a quarter?
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Wow, what a finish. I took off in the car after it got to 34-6 because I just couldn't stand around at home any more. Drove around Sioux Falls listening to the game on the radio and talking to my Brother - in - law on the phone. I almost got into a few accidents and put 35 miles on my car driving around town but it was worth it. I know have opened up the bottle of Rum and going to settle in for the night.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        I have to admit that I do feel a little something for SFA; it would be a very tough loss to take. Damn glad we won this thing.
        Tough for the players. Absolutely. They played a great game.

The coaches and athletic department staff, however, are a bunch of unprofessional jerks. Wouldn't share film. Difficult to work with. I hope we don't ever do them the favor of playing them again.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Tough for the players. Absolutely. They played a great game.

The coaches and athletic department staff, however, are a bunch of unprofessional jerks. Wouldn't share film. Difficult to work with. I hope we don't ever do them the favor of playing them again.
          Their coach was actually very complimentary of the SDSU program when interviewed for the pre-game show on WNAX. I guess being professional and being friendly are two different things though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Their coach was actually very complimentary of the SDSU program when interviewed for the pre-game show on WNAX. I guess being professional and being friendly are two different things though.
            I'm talking from the perspective of the SDSU football program. The SFA staff was pretty arrogant and difficult to work with.

All the better that we beat them again. We're 7-1 against the Southland Conference with a chance to go 8-1 next week.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It would have been nice to share the channelsurfing bit beforehand. Video was available, I just wish that there hadn't been a 20 sec gap between the video, and WNAX audio feed, so that I wouldn't have had to listen to Homer & Bubba.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                It would have been nice to share the channelsurfing bit beforehand. Video was available, I just wish that there hadn't been a 20 sec gap between the video, and WNAX audio feed, so that I wouldn't have had to listen to Homer & Bubba.
                When were you listening to me?? Did you ever take into account I didn't want to talk to you in the first place. :-) I have to admit, I checked the score and gave up on the Jacks coming back. When I saw the final score on TV, I almost fell out of my chair. HOLY COMEBACK BATMAN!!!!!
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Jackrabbits complete comeback for the ages
                  Courtesy: GoJacks.com
                  http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1591680

NACOGDOCHES, Texas -- Kyle Minett scored from a yard out as time expired, lifting South Dakota State to a 50-48 victory over Stephen F. Austin in non-conference football action Saturday night at Homer Bryce Stadium.

Rest of story
                  http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1591680

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story from AP on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?...2617&confId=21

Last edited by DakotaKid; 09-27-2008, 09:55 PM. Reason: because
                  MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                  http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                  http://gojacks.com

Comment

With my heart finally calming down after the last minute of the game... Kind of an interesting thing is that the Jacks only lead the game for a total of 50 seconds.

Comment

I got a chance to watch the video feed and still can't believe the outcome! Sign me up as someone who would purchased this complete game video if it can be made available. Would be nice if WNAX could be added as the voiceover.

Comment

• Re:Stephen F. Austin Game Thread

I think some of the second deep people espeically on defense started to step up tonight and have a break out game. General Parnell and Fritz are two that come to mind.

This type of offense is not an easy one to stop, so exciting for the fans yes, but learning and experience gained for those who were filling in for the injured.

I like others thought the game was very much over when it was 34-6 SFA. My mine was starting to melt down and I even starting to boil. I was thinking that Coach Stig and staff were playing way to conservative when inside the red zone with a failed third down, we went for a FG. Fortunately had we gone for it on 4th and yards and not converted, and not kicked the fg's we would have had to score another TD to win. So in the end the FG were good calls. NOT A GOOD IDEA TO SECOND GUESS THE COACHING STAFF
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 09-28-2008, 11:09 AM.

Comment

This game will at least put us in the record books for the Valley football.
                          http://www.mvc.org/football/records....DB_OEM_ID=7600

Most points
                          98- tied 1st

Most extra points
                          13-2nd

Most TD's
                          14- Tied 1st

thats just a few im sure

Comment

• Stephen F. Austin

WHEW! WHAT A GAME! More proof that the Jackrabbit Nation should never give up on a game...it was the same way last year, and more than once, too. I was thisclose from turning off the radio, but I hung in there and sure am glad i did! Despite the horrible referees from what they said on the air, the injuries we sustained, and "Communist football" as Coach Stig has called SFA, we prevailed in a big way again. This was one of those games that makes a guy wanna hang himself one minute, and then go out and party for a week straight the next minute...wow! All I can say is these guys gotta have some kinda intense faith to come out on top, and in that fashion too! I cannot wait for Hobo Day and to see what we can do against McNeese! Its gonna be fun!
                            "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Just read over TV's blog from the game. Very good job of giving updates. I also looked at Udot's blog w/ Mick Garry. The interesting thing I noticed was in the comments section. TV had 27 comments from his fellow bloggers about the game. MG had two, one was the Twins score and the other was him thanking the blogger for the score. Now I realize that the blog thing is new for Udot, but really, no one cared to comment about the moral victory...

Comment

Here is the link from the Daily Sentinel:

http://www.dailysentinel.com/hp/cont...ota_state.html

And the SFA site:

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...092708aaa.html
                                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                                X