2009-2010 schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009-2010 schedule

Somebody remind me, are we going to add a 12th game next year? Is it a game will Delaware or is that beginning in 2010-2011? I know there is a thread about this somewhere but I can't find it.

First game isn't schedule until Sept 12. If we add a game I hope its at Coughlin. I also note that there isn't an open date listed on this schedule. Might there be a game at the end of August and then a bye week or are we only allowed 11 games next year? I just can't remember what we discussed before.

Sat, Sep 12 Georgia Southern — Cereal Bowl Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 19 Indiana State — Beef Bowl * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Sep 26 Illinois State * at Normal, Ill. TBA

Sat, Oct 03 Cal Poly at San Luis Obispo, Calif. TBA

Sat, Oct 10 Missouri State * at Springfield, Mo. TBA

Sat, Oct 17 North Dakota State — Dakota Marker Game * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 24 Northern Iowa — Hobo Day * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Oct 31 Youngstown State * at Youngstown, Ohio TBA

Sat, Nov 07 Southern Illinois * Coughlin-Alumni Stadium TBA

Sat, Nov 14 Minnesota at Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

Sat, Nov 21 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill. TBA
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: 2009-2010 schedule

I'm pretty sure that this year is an exception. Most years FCS teams will only have 11 games. Can't remember why they have 12 this year.

One thing I noticed about next year's schedule, Hobo Day is actually the UNI game next year, and the Dakota Marker game is the next weekend, with SIU being the only Nov. home game. Should make for a great average attendance numbers.

I'm a little worried about that same number for this year given there are three home games after Hobo Day, with the two in Nov. being MSU and Illinois State.
    This "November Letdown" is something that has to change around SDSU.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Also, IMO the "Home and Aways" with our old Great West partners may need to come to an end. In an 11 game schedule with 8 Conference games, and 1 "Pay Game" we need two home OCC games to give us six home games every year.
      Not saying we shouldn't play Cal Poly and UCDavis as much as possible, but 6 home games a year would be ideal for this season ticket holder. And yes, a home and home with the U. is the same thing. I'd travel to Cal Poly, (which is my plan in 2009), before I'd go to a game in Vermillion.

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I think the 12th game had something to do with the early Labor Day weekend this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          I think the 12th game had something to do with the early Labor Day weekend this year.
          I know I heard something about that. I think FCS teams are allowed to play the Thursday before Labor day and because Labor day fell on Sept 1st this year we got an extra week to play and therefore and extra game.

Its going to be weird waiting until Sept 14th for the first FB game next year. I might actually have to consider using one of the many free tickets available for a U game.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            Also, IMO the "Home and Aways" with our old Great West partners may need to come to an end. In an 11 game schedule with 8 Conference games, and 1 "Pay Game" we need two home OCC games to give us six home games every year.
            Not saying we shouldn't play Cal Poly and UCDavis as much as possible, but 6 home games a year would be ideal for this season ticket holder. And yes, a home and home with the U. is the same thing. I'd travel to Cal Poly, (which is my plan in 2009), before I'd go to a game in Vermillion.

Go Jacks!!
            As much as I would love this I don't think its totally feasible unless you want to see Culver-Stocton on the schedule. In order to get decent FCS home games there are going to have to be payback road games. SDSU isn't quite Montana yet. Best scenario is 5 home games with a 6th snuck in on those 12 game years.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              And a late Thanksgiving, so that there are 13 weekends in regular season, rather than the normal 12.

This happens about every 5-7 years.

So for 2009 - No more games allowed. We're booked solid.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                As much as I would love this I don't think its totally feasible unless you want to see Culver-Stocton on the schedule. In order to get decent FCS home games there are going to have to be payback road games. SDSU isn't quite Montana yet. Best scenario is 5 home games with a 6th snuck in on those 12 game years.
                This is exactly how I feel. This topic seems to come up every once in a while. The schedule won't please the fans most of the time.
                Football- There is 1 "money" game each year. That will always be on the road. The other 10 games will be split evenly between home and away games.
                Basketball- There is only 12 games that are not conference games. They play teams from major conferences in 2 of those games. There are 2 games in Cancun which you could count as 1 home and 1 away. In the other 8 games, there are 4 at home and 4 on the road. There are 2 home games against weaker teams but 2 of the road games that are part of the Cancun Tourney. I think those away games are supposed to be home games next year.
                I order to get good team to come to Brookings, SDSU will need to play at those teams on the road. I don't want SDSU to be known as a team that backs out of contracts. SDSU scheduled 2 teams this year in basketball that won't require return trips and the fans were/are pissed. Those teams aren't good enough to come and pay to watch them play.
                Last edited by 91jack; 09-24-2008, 08:55 AM. Reason: It didn't sound right.

Comment

Working...
                X