Tight end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tight end

JACKS #1 FAN, Why should this thread be closed. So what if it isn't going nowhere. Neither do the majority of the other ones. Just cause you don't like what is being said ,doesn't mean it should be closed. My threads are just my opinion. If it is hard for you to swallow,that not my problem.
    Everybody is entitled to there opinions, that is why they post on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by badrabbit View Post
      JACKS #1 FAN, Why should this thread be closed. So what if it isn't going nowhere. Neither do the majority of the other ones. Just cause you don't like what is being said ,doesn't mean it should be closed. My threads are just my opinion. If it is hard for you to swallow,that not my problem.
      You simply need to shut up. Start bringing some healthy arguments to this board or just don't come back. This board was better off without you.

Comment

I'm calling a time out and am locking, we'll say temporarily for now, this thread. I'm going to call a meeting of the Moderators and will get back to everyone on this.

Added later: I've opened the thread. Badrabbit: I sent you a PM...let me know if you have any comments.

Everyone play nice.
        Last edited by JackJD; 10-12-2008, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Btown jack. Healty arguments it will be. All I was trying to do in all my prior post was to say my opinion about the use of the TE and a running QB.
          I seem to have gotten my point across. Sorry if those posts insulted anyone, that was not my intention.

Comment

Btown jack. Healty arguments it will be. All I was trying to do in all my prior post was to say my opinion about the use of the TE and a running QB.
            I seem to have gotten my point across. Sorry if those posts insulted anyone, that was not my intention.
            Berry is NOT a running QB. But he is a very good QB. Don't know what you're looking for??? Should we start Jeske just because he's more athletic?

Comment

My last post on this thread and just a thought or two for you BR. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion...and you've expressed yours multiple-multiple times. That just causes a lot of other posters to multiple-multiple answer. I'm well aware of your opinion and don't need to read it time and again...so I won't. Bye.

Comment

From watching our games, I don't care who we throw to, but I would like to see more passes out of the I formation. Right now our tendancies are pretty easy to spot. If we come out in the I formation its going to be a run. If we come out in shotgun, it's going to be a pass. Sure there are variances and we threw out out of the I formation some against McNeese, but it's a rarity. Rare enough that if we came out in the I formation I would load up against the run. If you think I'm the only one who has noticed, take a look at our rushing stats since week one and a trend is noticed.

I like our offensive strategy for the most part. I think we're becoming a little too predictable at this point in the season. Every team has to battle that mid-way through the season. Good teams add new wrinkles off the same sets to use their tendancies to their advantage. We did it last year. No reason to expect we aren't going to do the same this year.

To be a good offensive team you have to either be so dominate at what you do that it doesn't matter what your tendancies are or you have to change things up to keep the D guessing and on their heals. With our schedule we're going to need to continue to change things up.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

And like I said STATS DON'T MEAN CRAP.
                  Then I guess TE receptions and TE yards receiving DON'T MEAN CRAP either. So, unless I'm misunderstanding, the entire premise of your thread DON'T MEAN CRAP?
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Badrabbit,
                    While I agree with many of your substanative points, I don't get the anger in your posts. I think that is why you have gotten the reaction you have. The use, or lack thereof, of the tight end has been discussed for quite some time, in fact there is a running joke about this. I can't imagine how stressed out you must have gotten as a coach if this board gets worked up. Have agreat day and GO JACKS!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      Then I guess TE receptions and TE yards receiving DON'T MEAN CRAP either. So, unless I'm misunderstanding, the entire premise of your thread DON'T MEAN CRAP?
                      Is that like road games not counting for a certain school to the south of Brookings?
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                        Is that like road games not counting for a certain school to the south of Brookings?
                        Hmm ... CRAP? School south of Brookings? Abandoned outhouse? ... Smells like you're onto something.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          Your right, the only thing that means CRAP is SDSU WINS. GO JACKS!!

Comment

Speaking of Steve... Heiden is starting tonight on Monday Night Football

GO BROWNS

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, I just got home from the Sioux Empire Staters mixer at McNally's and had forgotten they were on tonight. The mixer was fun, had a couple of Smithwicks and a two too many sliders (they are great). Fun was had by all.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                                Speaking of Steve... Heiden is starting tonight on Monday Night Football

GO BROWNS
                                And having a decent game as of halftime.

Comment

Working...
                                X