Northern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northern Iowa

Here are a few other lines from past/future opponents that may be of interest:

(favorites are bolded)

North Dakota State at Youngstown State
    Sat 9/20 1385 North Dakota State -7½ -120
    6:00PM (EST) 1386 Youngstown State +7½ -120

Cal Poly at Northwestern State
    Sat 9/20 1411 Cal Poly -14½ -120
    7:00PM (EST) 1412 Northwestern State +14½ -120

Stephen F. Austin at Western Illinois
    Sat 9/20 1423 Stephen F. Austin +18½ -120
    7:00PM (EST) 1424 Western Illinois -18½ -120

Eastern Illinois at Illinois State
    Sat 9/20 1425 Eastern Illinois +5½ -120
    7:30PM (EST) 1426 Illinois State -5½ -120

North Dakota at Idaho State
    Thu 9/18 1303 North Dakota -14½ -120
    8:35PM (EST) 1304 Idaho State +14½ -120

UC Davis at Montana
    Sat 9/20 1355 UC Davis +13½ -120
    3:05PM (EST) 1356 Montana -13½ -120

Indiana State at Northern Illinois
    Sat 9/20 1353 Indiana State +39 -120
    3:00PM (EST) 1354 Northern Illinois -39 -120

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
      The line is out for this weekend's game:

South Dakota State at Northern Iowa
      Sat 9/20 1369 South Dakota State +6 -120
      5:05PM (EST) 1370 Northern Iowa -6 -120

As you can see, the Panthers are favored by 6.. After making bank on Youngstown State game, I think I'll take the 6 points and go with the Jacks this weekend!!

GO RABBITS!! TOP 5... here we come!!!!!!!

About what I thought the spread would be. Generally the home team is given 3 points for being at home. That would mean the odds makers are saying UNI is 3 points better than we are. That sounds about right given the rankings, etc. I think we have a good shot at proving them wrong.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Thanks to our local Mediacom connections outlet, we were able to see the SDSU coaches show here in Iowa today. Both coaches are giving the same message to their fans and teams: That this game will tell alot about these two teams in terms of the rest of the conference season and the post season. This is a HUGE game for both the Jacks and the Panthers. . I'm looking forward to the game and to meeting as many Jackrabbit fans as possible. We'll have a big pot of beef stew simmering and cold beer and soda on ice. I'll give a shout to as many of you as I can. Safe travels to anyone making the trip to CF

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
          Thanks to our local Mediacom connections outlet, we were able to see the SDSU coaches show here in Iowa today. Both coaches are giving the same message to their fans and teams: That this game will tell alot about these two teams in terms of the rest of the conference season and the post season. This is a HUGE game for both the Jacks and the Panthers. . I'm looking forward to the game and to meeting as many Jackrabbit fans as possible. We'll have a big pot of beef stew simmering and cold beer and soda on ice. I'll give a shout to as many of you as I can. Safe travels to anyone making the trip to CF
          I wish I could make the trip. I was there 2 years ago and other than the UNI fans tearing down my Jackrabbit Ace club flag during the game it was a great experience. Andy Kardoes showed just how tough a player he was that game despite the loss. I hope Ryan Berry can do close to the same this weekend. I have to cover the hospital this weekend but I will be listening and I look forward to a great game.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            other than the UNI fans tearing down my Jackrabbit Ace club flag during the game it was a great experience.
            That would be enough for me to never go back.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

For me, there is a huge amount of anticipation building up for this game. As we saw last week, in this conference there is going to be no room for error. Even when you think a game is under control you can't give a quality opponent any help to get back in it.

Being on the road this week, the need to play efficient and mistake free will be magnified even more. I'm looking forward to a good hard fought battle, and am hoping that the Jacks can pull it off.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Northern Iowa faces emerging Jackrabbits
                from Friday's Cedar Rapids Gazette
                "...UNI Coach Mark Farley...gave South Dakota State Coach John Stiegelmeier some good advice ..."
                http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pb...98/1008/sports

Comment

I kind of like that: "emerging Jackrabbits". It is a show of how far the program has come and seeing some of the great media coverage that FCS football gets across the country this season is a great opportunity to keep the Jackrabbits "emerging" into the thoughts and minds of football conversations all over the place.

This kind of mention in the press of teams we play against and other FCS news outlets will do nothing but help expand the "sphere of influence" that the team has in reaching potential recruits.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

From UNIPanthers8907 at PantherNation.

i have an FCS blog ( http://fcsfootballcentral.blogspot.com/ )and i have done quite a bit of research on SDSU. I know that SDSU has a very talented quarterback in Berry, and a very talented running back in Minett. UNI will have to step it up on defense, and play better than they did against South Dakota if they want to win. My main concerns are our pass defense and our offensive line. If we can cut down on all the passing yards given up, our run defense is stout. And if Grace can get some protection our offense should be fine. I see UNI winning a close one 34-31. Oh and to comment on SDSU and UMASS, i think they are both legitimate teams, i dont think either is over-rated.

Reading over his blog, I agree with his approach, and assessments. The Blog is worth following.

While I know that out east, the JMU/AppSt rematch is garnering a lot of excitement, here in MoValley conference, everybody is a tremor for what should be a really great game between SDSU and UNI.

SDSU, I believe has better D, and especially on the line. You know that they are going to challenge our safeties, as those injuries for the 2nd half were close to costly. On offense, the Jacks need to keep their unpredictability high, and leave UNI chosing the wrong D alignment. This is where Berry needs to exert his leadership/decision-making. In the 2nd half vs WIU, looked like we were in "a not to lose" offense, not a "let's see who's wants the big yardage" on offense. The UNI "bend not break" D should be lots of opportunities for our O stars to shine. On O, UNI has their star RB back that has burned us the last 2 years, but a new QB with only two starts. If we succeed in stiffling the RB, and get a sack or three, we may be able to wreck havok. Most of the starters have played at the UNIDome two years ago, so know that it will match right in with FargoDome noise levels. I like our kicking game, especially punting. Prunty is very good, high, long when needed, but also coffin corners well.

Great game! I'll be plugged in pulling for the Jacks!

Jacks 27, Panthers 24.

Comment

Does anyone know of a place to watch the game in S. Falls?

Comment

In Watertown, Applebees should have it (watched the Iowa State game there).

Comment

I just called Mediacom and confirmed that the game is scheduled to be on Mediocom Connections (channel 10 for mediacom subscribers) at 4pm today.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Also, as usual, don't forget about our beloved TV live blog....

I'd provide the link, but it is huge...

Comment

Game is also on WNAX. The pregame show started at 2:30 and I've enjoyed it so far. Conrad is still listed as a gametime decision.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Game is also on WNAX. The pregame show started at 2:30 and I've enjoyed it so far. Conrad is still listed as a gametime decision.
                                Good call...I completely forgot to turn on the pre-game. To sidetracked with getting game food, other games, and el bloggo.

Comment

Working...
                                X