Game Thread: Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Thread: Western Illinois

In the pre-game, they spoke with Nagy and he said he really enjoyed watching football; not having to worry about anything as a coach, just enjoy the sporting event. Stig may tell him not to put a hex on him anymore.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Now now, folks, no USD smack in non-smack threads, please!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Stig just said he thinks both safeties will be fine for next week's game.

Held Donaldson to 43 yards. Minnett had 70+
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
          USD ties game at end of regulation, went for two, fumbled in end zone, USD player recovers it, results in penatly. Final 31-30 USD loss. USD has 436 total yards, SEL 414.
          Somebody needs to tell your coach that he could have kicked it and won it in overtime.

Comment

well, 2-1 after our first three games with a 2-0 start to the MSVC is a nice way to start the season. It is nice to have the rest of the conference chasing us for the rest of the season. 2 wins in this conf against two teams picked to finish in the top half of the conf is no small accomplishment. We need to get healed up, shore up our pass coverage, re-tool our running attack and cut down on the dumb penalties and we have a shot at UNI.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Congrats on the win, Jacks. Sounded like two different games on the radio. I live close enough to Macomb to pick up their broadcast, Two very boring announcers, those two. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys in the UNIDOME next Saturday. Word is there are only about 2,500 tickets left and still a week to go before the game. This one may be a sellout. I'm glad we had an extra week to prepare for this one. The Panthers have a lot to work on before the Rabbits come into our place.

Comment

I forgot you guys had the week off, we probably could use the time as it sounds like we got dinged up just a little more than you would like. Should be an awesome game.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Anyone know the attendance???

Never mind, 14,382
                  Last edited by Rabbitlivinginverm; 09-13-2008, 09:00 PM. Reason: found it.

Comment

It's good to hear that Stig thinks Campbell and Kjerstad will be OK. It really seemed to hurt us when they went down. WIU played a lot better in the second half, but I also think our defense got kind of tired. Nonetheless, they came through when they needed to and we got our 1-0 for the week. Great effort by the Jacks before a nice crowd.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Even though Brock and Conrad got banged up tonight, it was GREAT to get Joe and Nash some playing time.. Those guys will end up being in the game during crunch time later this season (@ NDSU for conf title) and every bit of experience helps!

Comment

I agree with everyone's comments about the games being about 2 different halfs. The first half, SDSU looked very good. The second half, don't know if it was so much SDSU playing bad or Western Ill playing that good. I'll give it to Western Ill that they played their a$$es off in the second half so I'll say they played good(the play that got them going was the interception). The stop on the 2 point conversion was amazing. The Jacks D-line was putting so much pressure on the QB in the 4th quarter and he took some hard hits. Gotta give him credit for getting up each time.

Very nice win for SDSU. We will have to play a lot better next week against UNI to come out with a win. Hope our defensive backs can recover in the next week because the pass coverage was needing help in the second half.
                        Last edited by bub94; 09-13-2008, 11:30 PM.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Well the only 2nd half highlight that will be on this weeks you tube highlight video will be the sack Barr took after scrambling, averting a couple tackles, and then getting absolutely crushed by a few of our D. I don't even remember who hit him initially, it was just a pile of blue and a squished white and purple jersey indented in the field.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Well the only 2nd half highlight that will be on this weeks you tube highlight video will be the sack Barr took after scrambling, averting a couple tackles, and then getting absolutely crushed by a few of our D. I don't even remember who hit him initially, it was just a pile of blue and a squished white and purple jersey indented in the field.
                            I think it was all 11 players on D that hit him that play. He juked, jived, then got smoked. I was surprised he got up but he did.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Big Cat equals, washed up wanta be.

Looser Cat, I feel sorry for you that your life has become that of trolling every available board.

Everyone knows your fat pathetic sorry being because you are, always up in everybodies business.

LEt me make a toast to Cat, the most self serving egocentric douchebag that trolls the boards.

Good going Cat.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Two and a half hours to game time . . . all of us who can't be there can settle in here instead.

(By the way, for the next few weeks, I probably won't be able to start a game thread, so another one of y'all can feel free . . . I like the standard of putting "Game Thread: " in the title, to keep things all nice and neat and tidy . . .
                                Nice win guys! Your doing the old Great West proud! This certainly makes our home games vs Western and SDSU even more interesting! It will go down to the wire. Go Bison!

Comment

Working...
                                X