Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

If your interested in voting the Jackrabbit game as the "game of the week" at SME click the link below.

http://www.smebroadcasting.com/
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      This is not intended to pick on anybody, but it would seem like this might be the right thread to point out the proper spelling of Kyle Minnett's name.
      Except isn't it Minett? With one "N" and not two? You had me freaking out since I just spelled his name for a graphic on the Stig Show recently. For some reason, the spelling of Kyle's last name is a particularly hard one for me to remember.

It's Minett... according to the roster at gojacks.com, anyway:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2008
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hoisted on my own petard...thanks (I guess) JJ. Apologies to anybody I upset in any way, shape or form!

Comment

Hoisted on my own petard...thanks (I guess) JJ. Apologies to anybody I upset in any way, shape or form!
          Like I said, I have to look it up every single time I have to type it. Seems like it SHOULD have two n's in it.

If it makes it any better, I once wrote, in a brief that was published in the newspaper, about a dairy princess who was making "pubic" appearances.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Like I said, I have to look it up every single time I have to type it. Seems like it SHOULD have two n's in it.

If it makes it any better, I once wrote, in a brief that was published in the newspaper, about a dairy princess who was making "pubic" appearances.
            Has a med student I once described a patients leg wound as foul smelling with pus*y (s instead of *) discharge. I was instructed to use purulent from that day forward.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

So...what to the "experts" say about this game? Too early in the week to know? Is there a line? (There isn't that I can find.) I'm VERY curious.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I surely got this thread off track...saw it spelled one way on thread, different ways in a number of posts, and just thought we all (and especially me) should get it right...because this young man is going to be a star IMHO. Somebody with insight get us back on track in regards to the Western Illinois game which is as Doc said "a more important thing in life."

Comment

I surely got this thread off track...saw it spelled one way on thread, different ways in a number of posts, and just thought we all (and especially me) should get it right...because this young man is going to be a star IMHO. Somebody with insight get us back on track in regards to the Western Illinois game which is as Doc said "a more important thing in life."
                  I wasn't really referring to the game as more important, had more to do with my occupation. Anyhow, I listened to the entire 4 OT game last year and Western Illinois made a lot of mistakes in that game, so did the Jacks. It was a very early season game so thats not unexpected. My understanding is that they will establish the run, whether via the RB's or QB and look to throw as a secondary option. No great insight otherwise. I don't think either of their first 2 games helps us much.

Comment

If we play anywhere close to the game we did last week against Youngstown I think we should win this game by a couple touchdowns. We didn't play all that well last season on the road and took them to 4 overtimes.

We have the advantage playing back to back weeks at home and the coaching staff has shown through the years that we often beat regular opponents the second time we see them, especially at home.

I think Donaldson will probably break lose for a couple decent runs and maybe get 125 yards but so far this year we've held the opponents passing games in check. I don't think Western Illinois will put up more than 3 TD's on us.

I also think Minett and Duffy both have decent games and Berry has another performance to help us forget all about that Iowa St. debacle.

I'll go with a 34-21 SDSU win and a possible top 10 ranking in the polls next week.

Comment

I'm not sure if their QB running is part of their gameplan because last year it was more of a result of his scrambling than set plays. Having said that, I am certain we will have a scheme in place with the D-line and possibly spy a linebacker to take care of that problem this year. I would guess we will be stunting with the line more often early in the game until it either proves fruitful and we do it more often, or it proves unneccessary because the QB run isn't going to be a factor. I have to believe Western Ill isn't hoping to rely on their QB's scrambling skills as the offensive plan coming into this game. I imagine they will be similar to us in that they hope to establish the run early and build off of that.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Milwaukee is right, but Barr still worries me almost as much as Donaldson. He's good on his feet so we'll have to keep him penned in on those odd occasions (maybe when they fall behind) when they do pass. Jimmy, Chris, and Derek will have to be quick in pursuit when he escapes. Rowan is an outstanding kicker, so that changes the nature of the game a bit. Nothing against Pete Reifenrath, who has made great strides, but his range is really about 35 yards.

As has been mentioned here, though, I think Berry's maturity will make the difference. We've got as many or more playmakers. I have tremendous confidence in our defense. Minett is a stud, and Duffy looks pretty good to me.

WIU 17
                        SDSU 30

Attendance: 14,802

I can't wait.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hello Jackrabbit fans.

I am looking forward to seeing how these two schools match up. It should be a good one.

Western has 9 returning starters on D and 9 returning starters on O.

Western would have put triple digits up on the scoreboard against Quincy if we didn't sub out our first team after one quarter. (It is a mystery to me why we schedule such a bad team)

I was at the Arkansas game and that was a real heartbreaker. We should have won that one.

The Leathernecks travel plans will have them taking a charter flight to the contest this Saturday.

Great board you got here fellow Valley football fans!
                          Last edited by WESTERN_101; 09-09-2008, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WESTERN_101 View Post
                            Hello Jackrabbit fans.

I am looking forward to seeing how these two schools match up. It should be a good one.

Western has 9 returning starters on D and 9 returning starters on O.

Western would have put triple digits up on the scoreboard if we didn't sub out our first team after one quarter. (It is a mystery to me why we schedule such a bad team)

I was at the Arkansas game and that was a real heartbreaker. We should have won that one.

The Leathernecks travel plans will have them taking a charter flight to the contest this Saturday.

Great board you got here fellow Valley football fans!
                            Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to hosting some Illinois players and families in South Dakota. If you make it out or know someone who is coming they are welcome to stop by the Yankton Jackrabbit Club tailgate site. We'll have the flags flying.

I, too, look for a hard fought contest. I think our balance on offense, a better than expected offensive line, and our very good defense on our home field gives us an advantage. We have to win this game and defend home field if we want to compete for a league title. I want to compete for a league title so I have to think we win this game.

Good luck to the Leathernecks.

Comment

SDSU, is in it to win it, no doubt.

However, the way I see it there are four other teams that want the prize too. I am sure you know who I mean.

Although it is apparent that the 'Guins were riding on their reputation and have been outed for the pretenders that they are this year.

That still leaves 5 heavyweights to battle it out. I figure you guys have as much a shot as anyone out there.

I doubt there will be many WIU fans making the trip to Brookings, but I could be mistaken.
                              Last edited by WESTERN_101; 09-09-2008, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                                So...what to the "experts" say about this game? Too early in the week to know? Is there a line? (There isn't that I can find.) I'm VERY curious.
                                Lines for FCS games usually come out late Thursday. I'll post it when it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X