X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some fans delirious

To borrow a quote from Smokey in Friday

"Mplscyclone, you got knocked, the F@#* out!"
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      First off, I just jumped on the site for the first time today because I was too mad about last night to talk rationally. Second off, you're an idiot. If you read my post, I stated that was how I hoped things would go. "Hoped" being the operative word. Next time you jump on an opposing team's website and start rubbing it in their faces that you won, then you better at least do the opposing team the common courtesy of practicing a little reading comprehension. Since that concept is obviously foreign to you, reading comprehension is a practice where you first "read" something, then "comprehend" what was read. You failed on both points. To the rest of you ISU fans, congrats on the win. I thought the defensive scheme you played against us was spot on. Bringing the blitz and daring our QB to beat you with a guy in his face was what won the game for you.
      The part about "our Dline will dominate their Oline for sure" was not a hope message. I am really not mad and this wasn't intended to rub anything in anyones face.

I came across a ton of disrespectful fans yesterday and I read these crazy posts about predicting you were going to beat us.

Just watch what you say if you don't know anything about the opposing school or team.

Good luck on the rest of your season!

Comment

Originally posted by mplscyclone View Post
        The part about "our Dline will dominate their Oline for sure" was not a hope message. I am really not mad and this wasn't intended to rub anything in anyones face.

I came across a ton of disrespectful fans yesterday and I read these crazy posts about predicting you were going to beat us.

Just watch what you say if you don't know anything about the opposing school or team.

You were the only one who didn't know anything about our team. You are the one trying to rationalize that you somehow dominated us even though you know deep down that your team benefitted more from 200 INT return yards than your offensive play. Our line matched up very well against yours and that should worry you. One last thing, I never went on your site and said anything. I stuck to my fellow SDSU fans and made a "here's how I hope the game starts out because this scenario is what needs to happen for us to have a chance to win" posting. Again, take two minutes to read something. I bet you just answered "C" alot. By the way, I will argue with you all day if you want. It's a Friday and I'm pissed about last night's loss. Let's have your boasts and I'll do my part in calling you an idiot and pointing out exactly why you're an idiot. I have all day.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I have a hard time believing you ran across a ton of disrespectful fans yesterday. I was at the game and 4 hours of tailgating and never saw anything by anyone from either side that could be considered disrespectful.

Stay classy mplscyclone

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            I have a hard time believing you ran across a ton of disrespectful fans yesterday. I was at the game and 4 hours of tailgating and never saw anything by anyone from either side that could be considered disrespectful.

Stay classy mplscyclone

Perhaps that is why I'm as fired up as I am. SDSU fans are a lot of things, but never disrespectful. I would harbor to say that we are probably less smacky and disrespectful on this site than all but a very select few out there. Hell, I even gave Coyotefan a rep point last week for admitting USD's women's basketball schedule was a joke. SD people in general are polite to a fault. That's why we have a hard time getting real loud at football games. When we get beat we generally say "good game" and lick our wounds. When we win, we do the same. To have some asshat like this come on here and start rubbing it in my face like they are Florida and just dominated us really pisses me off.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

Stay classy mplscyclone
              You had fans doing "Go Hawks" chants and SO many at the tailgate decided to make it a point that their team was going to beat us.

Also, posts by Milwaukee are just disrespectful to begin with. It wasn't like "this will be a challenge, I hope we play well" It was some fantasy that he started to believe would happen.

The only person you can speak for is yourself. Am I saying each one that came was disrespectful? No

I am saying the ones who talked to me were and the ones who tried to stir the pot on our site were as well.

Comment

You had fans doing "Go Hawks" chants and SO many at the tailgate decided to make it a point that their team was going to beat us.

Also, posts by Milwaukee are just disrespectful to begin with. It wasn't like "this will be a challenge, I hope we play well" It was some fantasy that he started to believe would happen.

The only person you can speak for is yourself. Am I saying each one that came was disrespectful? No

I am saying the ones who talked to me were and the ones who tried to stir the pot on our site were as well.
                Quote one of my posts where I was disrespectful to ISU. One. Like I said, I'll be here all day. I'd like to see what post you claim is disrespectful.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  Quote one of my posts where I was disrespectful to ISU. One. Like I said, I'll be here all day. I'd like to see what post you claim is disrespectful.

The only one being disrespectful is you. It's easy to spot because you keep saying "no disrespect intended". Dead give away

Comment

Coming on our fan site and saying our fans were disrespectful makes me wonder how you survive in the big xii being the butt of everyones jokes. I really have no issue with isu and that is even taking into account that my girlfriend is a hawkeye grad but your piss poor attitude and gloating makes me want to cheer against you especially hard. I will be in iowa city in two weeks and back in ames to watch the jayhawks pummel the clones by 40 later this year. Thank you to the isu fans coming on here and showing the class you have and being so hospitable. I hope you didn't run into any sdsu fans as stupid and obnoxious as mlps cyclone
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Hello Kettle, I'm Pot. You're black.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

In life, there are a couple things I've learned:

1) don't agrue with a lawyer (he's probably smarter than you)

2) don't argue with a linebacker (he's probably tougher than you)

And # 3 is just good common sense:

3) don't argue with a lawyer that's an ex-linebacker who is pissed off. Unless, of course, you want MJA to leave his wife (who so kindly painted the "girls" yellow and blue for the game) for the weekend to drive to Ames and start knocking on doors.

Comment

As an ISU fan, I would also like to apologize for mplscyclone. He/she does not represent most ISU fans, as I am sure any of you who had contact with some of them at the game probably realize. He/she is probably just an Iowa Hawk fan trying to make ISU look bad. Pay no attention to him.

I hope those of you that made the long trip had a good time in Ames. Too bad the game could not have gone a little bit better for you, but there will be better days ahead. Your quarterback had a bad night, and maybe the team was just a little over-whelmed by the whole experience, who knows.

Your one receiver......no. 1......is a talent! He could play on an D1 team. Plus, overall, I thought your defense played pretty well considering the field position ISU had most of the night.

Again, apologize for any ISU fans who come over here bragging too much. Guess some of them forget where we have been in the past (like last year).

Good luck with the rest of your season!

Comment

Originally posted by ISUOldFan View Post
                            As an ISU fan, I would also like to apologize for mplscyclone. He/she does not represent most ISU fans, as I am sure any of you who had contact with some of them at the game probably realize. He/she is probably just an Iowa Hawk fan trying to make ISU look bad. Pay no attention to him.

I hope those of you that made the long trip had a good time in Ames. Too bad the game could not have gone a little bit better for you, but there will be better days ahead. Your quarterback had a bad night, and maybe the team was just a little over-whelmed by the whole experience, who knows.

Your one receiver......no. 1......is a talent! He could play on an D1 team. Plus, overall, I thought your defense played pretty well considering the field position ISU had most of the night.

Again, apologize for any ISU fans who come over here bragging too much. Guess some of them forget where we have been in the past (like last year).

Good luck with the rest of your season!
                            Same to you ISUOldFan. I think Blake is going to be a huge talent at QB if he gets a chance. He has some amazing feet. If he can ever get his arm to be a threat, look out. Your running backs run hard and are quick. I have already said how much I enjoyed watching your middle linebacker play. I hope our line is reeally that good on both sides of the ball and will say that I think they are because I think line play was a toss up. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                              In life, there are a couple things I've learned:

1) don't agrue with a lawyer (he's probably smarter than you)

2) don't argue with a linebacker (he's probably tougher than you)

And # 3 is just good common sense:

3) don't argue with a lawyer that's an ex-linebacker who is pissed off. Unless, of course, you want MJA to leave his wife (who so kindly painted the "girls" yellow and blue for the game) for the weekend to drive to Ames and start knocking on doors.

You're giving me too much credit on all three points. I'm all bark these days with little bite. And, my wife was sleeping by half time. The youngins wore her out.

Comment

First of all Big IX = 9, don't know if that's supposed to be a joke or something.

Second, last year was a new system, it's going to be rough. The coach didn't have a full year of recruiting and had tons of JUCO transfers.

Lastly, we did play competitivley against Oklahoma last year and beat Colorado and K-State.

I realize that ISU gets blown out by Texas each time we play them. At the same time, I don't talk about how we're going to go in there, phase their QB and watch Colt McCoy do his "deer in the headlights impression".

When we play Texas, I say "I hope we lose - just not too badly".* Some of the crap you guys were posting was talking about how your fanbase is going to overtake our stadium, you're going to dominate us from start to finish.

I find that disrespectful to the BCS in general.** I'm sure if was an exciting game for you guys, I hope you had a good time, and I'm sure it was exciting to be on TV. You just need to learn to curb the excitement with some realistic expectations.
                                *FTFY.
                                **I find this post disrespectful to the FCS in general. I get excited about a FCS victory over a FBS team - not only against ISU, but against good ones, too. I kid because I care.

Someone HAS to be trying to play a troll-joke here. the mlps[team.name] user name HAS to be more than a coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X