Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mitch Erickson

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    My point is that a new coach and GM might evaluate the talent differently than Shanahan did. Denver was one of those teams that liked "undersized" but athletic offensive linemen (versus, for example, the Vikings, who like them huge first and athletic second). Mitch is a little small, which seems like an odd thing to say about a 285 pound guy, so Shanahan's system was perfect for him. Will the next coach want a huge offensive line?

That's my point. Doesn't really matter that Shanahan signed him. Will the next GM think he's the right guy for the Broncos offensive line needs?
    I suppose that will depend on if the offensive coordinator is kept. I would think the blocking scheme is more from the coordinator than the head coach. Hope Mitch does get a shot next year.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
      I suppose that will depend on if the offensive coordinator is kept. I would think the blocking scheme is more from the coordinator than the head coach. Hope Mitch does get a shot next year.
      Shanahan was an offensive coordinator before he was a head coach and was widely credited with the construction of his offense. His coordinators called plays (most of the time.) It was kind of like the system Childress has in Minnesota, where his offensive coordinator just manages the system that Childress brought with him. So by firing Shanahan, they're essentially firing the offensive coordinator, too.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I just saw Mitch's name on the Omaha Nighthawks roster (United Football League).

http://www.ufl-football.com/omaha-ni...ickson-mitch-0

Comment

Working...
        X